PS+ Membership: Deals?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm thinking about finally taking the plunge and getting PSN+ so I can score some of the free games (probably should've done it long ago), but I'm kind of in penny-pincher mode right now...so I'm wondering if anyone knows of any Christmas deals on a year membership, or even a 3 month?

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Too bad you're just thinking about it now. I got Spelunky and Terraria for 3.75 two weeks ago. And bear hazard ultra and some other little gems for 2.50.

Don't think there's much of any deals right now. Black Friday you could have gotten a year for 30 bucks. Sometimes Target discounts these so keep a watchful eye.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Didn't Spoonman get a bunch of extra codes that he didn't want during the Black Friday sale? Maybe he would sell you one at cost or close..

There's always a good stream of free games coming through it, more than I can even come close to keeping up with. Definitely worth it even at full price.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Canadian codes no good for you right? We have Boxing Day sales (Dec 26) which maybe include PSN discounts (in most European countries, Christmas is 2 days, 1st and 2nd Christmas Day but I don't think there's a sale right after).

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
PS+ is a fantastic deal, discount or not. The freebies have awesome. Grid 2, Borderlands 2, Hitman Absolution - these are big-time titles, all free.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Agreed man. Wish I had realized this earlier. I didn't know they gave you so many top titles, for less than the price of one new $60 game.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Well, until 2013, PS+ deals were never.

Then early 2013 saw a spend-$50-get-$10 deal alongside buy-1-year-get-3-months-free.

Then there was another one in October this eyar - spend $50, get $10.

All those were on the PSN store - you had to buy it through PSN directly and not redeem a PS+ card.

For Canada, it appears PS+ cards are going to be $30 on Dec. 26 as a boxing day deal. And no, Canadian cards are NOT valid in the US.

(And for completeness, you should never spend more than $50 (reg. $60) for Xbox Live as there are deals almost constantly for it - at least once every 2-3 months. It's really regular.)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts