PS Vita "Super Patch"

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
No no no. To late for that.
By then you could have gone out and found a pinball wizard to rack up huge scores for you. Now there's no way for us to know if they're really yours or not. I think your only option is to delete everything and start over from scratch. Kratos will also hire a midget to follow you around everywhere to make sure you don't cheat. It's the only way to be sure.

He's already there....

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
Yesterday I found a Real Life pinball table in a bar, and it was Twilight Zone. It's the first time I played a real table I previously played on TPA. It was awesome. Pleasantly surprised at my ball handling skills translating seamlessly.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Yesterday I found a Real Life pinball table in a bar, and it was Twilight Zone. It's the first time I played a real table I previously played on TPA. It was awesome. Pleasantly surprised at my ball handling skills translating seamlessly.

I'd love to find a TPA table in the wild.

I know of a place that has a WOZ, but have yet to go play it.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Lately I've run across Tee'd Off, Hook, Demolition Man, Monster Bash and the racing one... not highspeed or Victory, the other one.

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
It's impressive how well the (button) controls and physics compare to the real thing, which makes the other missteps disappointing. Get on it Farsight.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Not sure why you guys play in landscape when portrait is leaps and bounds better.. The touchscreen controls are every bit as responsive (technically more) and easy to use as the actual buttons.
Plus you can just add buttons to the screen if you really want them.

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
I gave it a very long look, but it doesn't feel right control wise, and the bug ratio in portrait vs landscape is like 100 to 1.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I gave it a very long look, but it doesn't feel right control wise, and the bug ratio in portrait vs landscape is like 100 to 1.

+1

All I'm thinking when playing in portrait is, "I could have saved that ball/made that shot in landscape.

I agree that it looks much better in portrait. The analog controls are just too good in landscape, though. Plus, I started crushing my high scores and cranking out trophies once I made the switch.

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
I run the game, there's an error message, it deletes my save data, creates new save data. All the goals and local high scores wiped. It's been at least 5 months since I uploaded my save data, and have since gotten the more difficult goals, and the big high scores which are now all gone to waste. Tired of this game and its nonsense, tired of it requiring special treatment like a problem child. Ironically, I took the screenshots of the high scores just a day before this happened.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I run the game, there's an error message, it deletes my save data, creates new save data. All the goals and local high scores wiped. It's been at least 5 months since I uploaded my save data, and have since gotten the more difficult goals, and the big high scores which are now all gone to waste. Tired of this game and its nonsense, tired of it requiring special treatment like a problem child. Ironically, I took the screenshots of the high scores just a day before this happened.

Well that really, really sucks. You don't have all your games to auto-upload your save every day?
You should do that now so you don't have this issue again with any other games.

If it makes you feel any better the PS4 version is every bit as poorly built and designed as the Vita version. They didn't even clean up all the bugs the PS3 version had first. Issues that they knew about for years. They just basically dumped it as-is with zero attempt at making a quality product. Any other dev on the planet would probably do a better job than these guys.

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
Well that really, really sucks. You don't have all your games to auto-upload your save every day?
You should do that now so you don't have this issue again with any other games.

If it makes you feel any better the PS4 version is every bit as poorly built and designed as the Vita version. They didn't even clean up all the bugs the PS3 version had first. Issues that they knew about for years. They just basically dumped it as-is with zero attempt at making a quality product. Any other dev on the planet would probably do a better job than these guys.

I didn't renew my PS+ yet to set up save uploads. I don't need it now, so I'd rather save the money. It expired 5 months ago, so I figure that was my last save. I'll just wipe the game, install only my favorite tables that I actually play, and just buy The Addams Family when it comes out, and be done here.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I didn't renew my PS+ yet to set up save uploads. I don't need it now, so I'd rather save the money. It expired 5 months ago, so I figure that was my last save. I'll just wipe the game, install only my favorite tables that I actually play, and just buy The Addams Family when it comes out, and be done here.

I did that too. Then I installed a few more that I just felt like playing. Then I just put them all on. I'm hooked.

Star Hedgehog

Feb 4, 2014
I have updated all vita tables for the mega patch and the only pack that I am having trouble with is the table pack with Bride of Pinbot and Midevil Maddness. I re downloaded the pack many times and it keeps saying there is an update for this table. I even downloaded straight from the PS3 and no change. Is there a trick to updating the pack? When I go to the store the pack is no where to be found.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I have updated all vita tables for the mega patch and the only pack that I am having trouble with is the table pack with Bride of Pinbot and Midevil Maddness. I re downloaded the pack many times and it keeps saying there is an update for this table. I even downloaded straight from the PS3 and no change. Is there a trick to updating the pack? When I go to the store the pack is no where to be found.

Pro?

Star Hedgehog

Feb 4, 2014
Known bug. Currently the only solution is to install those tables without pro.

Actually, it's good to know it's still there. I didn't have the guts to try it.

Hi, problem solved for Vita. All 50 plus pro tables with are working normally. It took a couple hours but I deleted all Pinball Arcade data and reinstalled the game and all tables. If some tables didn't show up after reinstalling then I had to manully download and transfer from my PS3. Then look for any leftover data in my PS Store download list. So far no signs of errors. My only complaint is the Season bundles don't have all data for the seasons as it should for some reason, that's why I had to manully hunt down the remaining data. Thank you for your help.

Star Hedgehog

Feb 4, 2014
also a side note, my save data is restored too. If anyone tries this fix, back up your save data on PS Plus or PC using content manager so you don't loose your scores and goals. Plus would be the best option because it is quicker.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.