PS3 (NA) Version 2.08 And 2.09 Feedback And Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
The camera staying zoomed in on the Star Trek TNG plunger instead of the playfield literally happens about half the time I start a multiball mode. After having ST:TNG for about a day and a half it has happened to me 8 times. Sometimes the camera returns to the playfield after a few seconds, and sometimes it stays looking at the plunger until multiball ends. I have no idea how this made it through testing.

Testing?

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
That would require them to have thier eyes open :p
Are you able to purchase it? YEP it works!
The camera zoom feature has been an issue for quite some time yet they still keep forcing it on us and its only getting worse! PLEASE FS option to FIX camera even during plunge.

ParallaxScroll

Aug 21, 2012
Issues with the camera getting stuck on something and not looking at the table while you're playing has only been an issue for the last six months or so. That's no reason for Farsight not to continue releasing tables with the exact same unfixed bug six months later. It's gone through testing, so it's OK!

Last edited:

btmmayor

Apr 12, 2012
Oh my goodness.......

Upgraded to 2.09 last night. Played TOM set at 720P and noticed that the flipper lag I experienced was pretty much gone. So today, I fire up the PS3 with the intent to buy some new tables now that the lag is gone. After updating my PS3 to the new firmware that came out today, I start PA. I go to the new tables section and see that only table packs 1 and 2 are there. Yesterday they were all there (everything up to STTNG). So then I play TOM and notice that my score on the high score list that I set yesterday is gone and the flipper lag is just as bad as it used to be.

I delete everything, download PA and the 2.09 patch again and......same issues. New interface, but nothing beyond table packs 1 and 2 in the new tables section, and worst of all the same old flipper lag that was not there yesterday when I first downloaded 2.09 and had no issues.

What a joke. I have every table on IOS and have been waiting for the PS3 lag to be fixed before purchasing any new tables on the PS3. Thank goodness I did not buy anything last night or today before playing PA again after thinking things were fixed when I played last night. I can only assume the new firmware update for the PS3 is responsible, but given the track record of this game, who knows.

I love the game, but this is really starting to push my patience and support for PA.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I hate it. It's not a real reflection, it's like a static shadow attached to the ball and just doesn't look right.

Yeah, the ball reflection on the table is a little too strong now--makes it harder to see the actual outline of the ball itself!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Oh my goodness.......

Upgraded to 2.09 last night. Played TOM set at 720P and noticed that the flipper lag I experienced was pretty much gone. So today, I fire up the PS3 with the intent to buy some new tables now that the lag is gone. After updating my PS3 to the new firmware that came out today, I start PA. I go to the new tables section and see that only table packs 1 and 2 are there. Yesterday they were all there (everything up to STTNG). So then I play TOM and notice that my score on the high score list that I set yesterday is gone and the flipper lag is just as bad as it used to be.

I delete everything, download PA and the 2.09 patch again and......same issues. New interface, but nothing beyond table packs 1 and 2 in the new tables section, and worst of all the same old flipper lag that was not there yesterday when I first downloaded 2.09 and had no issues.

What a joke. I have every table on IOS and have been waiting for the PS3 lag to be fixed before purchasing any new tables on the PS3. Thank goodness I did not buy anything last night or today before playing PA again after thinking things were fixed when I played last night. I can only assume the new firmware update for the PS3 is responsible, but given the track record of this game, who knows.

I love the game, but this is really starting to push my patience and support for PA.

Strange. Seems like if it were the patch then we'd all be having the same problems since the patch.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I only noticed the EXTREME reflection of the ball on the table when I looked at it but, it's reflective as glass! I wish my tables could polish like that! :p

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
Oh my goodness.......

more proof that flipper lag is an entirely relative and subjective phenomenon of perception IMO

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Yeah, measure the length in pinballs. ; )

I tried taking my own advice on this, and, using SKILL_SHOT's screenshots of Twilight Zone and ST:TNG, used the Line Tool in Photoshop to measure the length of the flipper plastics. Modern flippers are supposed to be 3 inches long. Pinballs are supposed to be 1 and 1/16 inches across. Taking the diameter of the pinball in each screenshot in pixels, I divided it into the length of the plastic part of the flipper in pixels, then multiplied by 1 and 1/16th; the result being about 3.1 inches for ST:TNG, and 3.2 inches for Twilight Zone. Given the room for error inherent in trying to measure distances in somewhat low resolution images, though, I'd say those are pretty near indistinguishable at this level. I think the ST:TNG ones just look a little stubbier in those shots because they're being viewed at a lower angle, so you see more of the side, which makes them look fatter and thus shorter. And, of course, the widebody table is more zoomed out, as someone has already said.

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
more proof that flipper lag is an entirely relative and subjective phenomenon of perception IMO

It so is not. Play on mobile or 360 for a while then go back to PS3. STTNG seems to be the first table on PS to eliminate the lag, so clearly it IS possible. Just up to FS to go back and gitterdun!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
It seems to me that they've added some flipper friction in this version. Anyone else notice?

P

Peaches

Noticed a glitch when playing Monster Bash. Hit pause go into Help & Options - Controls. The picture pops up all wrong. Description for controls is visible but the picture of the controller is missing.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Ok just got the update. Does Farsight even have a PS3? Do we need a kickstarter to get them one? Heck, I will buy them one! Here's the things I noticed in the first few minutes (seconds):

1. You need a new song for the intro. Put some Steve Vai on there or something.

2. Farsight, are you serious with the menu? The images are extremely LOW RES. I have no problem with the actual way it works, I'm happy with whatever as long I can get to the game I want easily. But the images are so bad....so so bad. This is a facepalm worthy oversight.

3. None of the art issues have been fixed. MM, NGG, Taxi, still look washed out. Why are they not fixing this? So sad to see these tables sandblasted even after so many updates. :(

4. MM flipper gap still there.

5. Ball reflections are too much. I want to turn them off but can't.

The physics actually feel better. Whatever tweaks they did is helping a little. That said, pretty disappointing update.

Neil L

Aug 5, 2012
1. You need a new song for the intro. Put some Steve Vai on there or something.

New intro music was added on the last update:
Title Update 2.07 changelog :

● Added The Twilight Zone - available for purchase on February 5th.
● Added Big Shot - available for purchase on February 12th.
● Added Scared Stiff - available for purchase on February 12th.
● Added Medieval Madness Pro - available for purchase on February 19th.
● Added Tales of the Arabian Nights Pro - available for purchase on February 19th.
● Added 10 selectable custom balls in the Extras Menu.
● Tweaked the main physics engine.
● New pop bumper mechanical sounds.
● New splash screen background music.

But why was it changed again? This one was a lot better than the new one they've just added.

Another thing:
Why has the menu only got 1 set of stars on, couldn't it have 2 boxes with table goals and wizard goals? (maybe having locked marked on the wizard ones if not unlocked)
The same goes for the (in-game) menu this could also have both the table and wizard goals on? (with also locked marked on the wizard ones if not unlocked)

The problem with the standard goals disappearing as soon as completed was brought up months ago. (An option to reset the goals would also be nice)

Last edited:

Mr Meldrew

Mar 22, 2013
Only updated recently, unbelievable. Was the introduction music recorded off the office radio with Bobby holding a dictaphone up to its speaker.
And the menu, it looks ported from a Sega Genesis. Bloody awful.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I like the concept of the new UI, but hate the graphics that they use.

Table exploration is much better than before. I also like the new physic adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts