PS3 SCART vs HDMI

RevenantUK

Apr 20, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk9xlXruP14

The above link shows differences between said formats... Any ideas why physics change???

Video is 2*
Can anyone verify what they see or is it just me and my PS3

Skill shots mainly but Circus Voltaire needs a video alone..

CV SCART - On multi ball ramp... ball does not lock but comes back into play thru right ramp even tho video claims it is locked and it is!!!
CV HDMI - As above but ball goes into ramp lock and ball "physically" locks..Next ball at plunger..

Can anyone post any other differences here please so Farsight can have a look:cool:

Many thanks for reading and watching this. I aim to make pinball mainstream in UK

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk9xlXruP14

The above link shows differences between said formats... Any ideas why physics change???

Video is 2*
Can anyone verify what they see or is it just me and my PS3

You're right, physics change depending on the resolution you play.

In 1080i/p, the ball seems to have more weight, and because of lag, some shots are easier (Catapult on MM, Harem orbit on ToTAN).

In SD resolution or 720p, the ball seems to go faster, and is more difficult to control (but the gameplay feels better, as the lag is reduced)

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Display framerate appears to be linked to the physics refresh rate, shouldn't really be like that but maybe its a technical limitation of the engine.

Evident on Android as well when a background process steals CPU time and framerate of TPA drops.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I used to play in 480p and didn't notice a huge difference aside from the reduced flipper lag--this is back when there was a two-frame lag at 1080p and one-frame at 720--but maybe I should try it again with those skill shots. Possibly also it's specific to this 576i PAL resolution, but probably not. ... Okay hold on lemme try these full-power (snap shot) skill shots with the resolutions available to me:

Scared Stiff
1080p: Plunged ball bounces off crate and into saucer or whatever it is to register a Skill Shot
1080i: same
720p: same, although ball rattles a bit more going into Skill Shot
480p: same as 720

Circus Voltaire
1080p: Ball ricochets a few times in left entrance of inner loop, then falls out
1080i: Got the ball to go around the inner loop twice in maybe a dozen tries
720p: Same as 1080i
480p: on a manual plunge, ball sometimes (50%?) completes inner loop

Also tried:

Taxi
1080p: Spinout cycles through 100K, ending up at 10K
1080i: same
720p: same
480p: cycles through 100K, ending up at anywhere from 1K to 25K (or even sometimes just stops at 100K)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts