PS3 Update 4.50 - 10/2/13

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
PS3 Update 4.50 went live today or late yesterday. No major hiccups reported at this time. Some people are reporting that the update is hanging at 99% for up to an hour but then finishing. A few reports of bricking but that happens with every update because PS3 consoles, or anything really, can break on reboot. My update took 6 minutes total to download, install and reboot.

Biggest thing on this update is to allow hiding trophies from view from your friends on a game by game basis. So I can hide the trophies for all the one hour try before you buy games that I've played. And for My Little Pony! :D

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Sony is so strange... They give into demands from people embarrassed about showing they were trophy hunting on Hanna Montanna games, but wouldn't add something so basic as letting users sort and display their purchased games in ALPHABETICAL order.

That makes no sense to me, but either did the fact that they went from a slick, fast PSN Store to what we have now.

I really hope they don't do the same with the PS4 menu.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I think they gave in on that because people claimed it was a privacy issue, since trophies made it possible for anyone to know what games they had played. Its silly but privacy is a hot topic these days so I can see why they acted on it.

I agree - The PSN Store definitely needs work.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I didnt see an update? I did buy and install T2 before I started the game to look for the update I wonder if that did it.
I want people to see my trophies thats kind of the point! and I like seeing what other games my friends and I might also be able to play online since TPA's online experience is minimal at best.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I didnt see an update? I did buy and install T2 before I started the game to look for the update I wonder if that did it.
I want people to see my trophies thats kind of the point! and I like seeing what other games my friends and I might also be able to play online since TPA's online experience is minimal at best.

Do you have PS3 system updates install automatically? Its a mandatory install so you wouldn't be able to sign into the PSN let alone go to the store without doing the update.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
no. I went to PS store through the store not the game bought T2 without updating started TPA and didn't see an update request. Um Im an idiot Im on 2.16 US region :p duhhhh!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
no. I went to PS store through the store not the game bought T2 without updating started TPA and didn't see an update request. Um Im an idiot Im on 2.16 US region :p duhhhh!

US region here also. This was a PS3 update not a TPA update.

From now on if I post about a PS3 update I'll include PS3 system update in the title.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.