PS3 Version 2.0.1 Bugs and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
1. Ripleys lags a lot more now.
2. Captive balls still look dull.
3. After playing Monster Bash, ToM has blue lighting.

Thanks for adding this.
You may also want to add that Farsight has responded about the severe slowdown on the Ripley's and TOM tables when displayed in 1080p
as seen here:

The Pinball Arcade We're sorry about that- the current update does have slowdown issues on some tables.
These only occur in 1080, so please play in 720 until the new update is released
(which should occur in the next 48 hours).

Some other bugs:

Monster Bash - Frankenstein Multiball gives the player jackpots with each nudge
Funhouse - Blue interior side walls are not colored
Gorgar - Voice and heartbeat go silent after 2x is completed
Medieval Madness - Flipper gap (geometry bug) is still present

Also, it's not looking like Farsight is going to meet their 48hr bug fix window either. :(

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Well the sound is still pretty much mute and I still need to crank up the volume on my TV to get decent sound. Why this hasn't even been considered yet blows my mind.

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
This is my first ever posting about bugs with Pinballarcade. I understand that in the beginning there will be a few patches needed for glitches and bugs. But I was extremely disappointed that after the latest update, TOTAN is now darker and has a blue hue to it. It was great prior to the update. "The Black Hole" is still way to dark after the 2nd initial update, unplayable in my view, can't see the table art. I Do not accept the fix some say to simply turn up the TV contrast for these tables! The PS3 PSN "Theatre of Magic" is now darker in in appearance, looked great b4.

I find the back glass for Gorgar is lite way to bright to appreciate the artwork also.

I have a top model Panasonic Plasma HDTV using HDMI, so I don't know if the people are playing on old CRT tvs are the ones asking for updates because there technology is out of date. Resulting is poor visuals for the rest of us. I still think that the PHOF for PS3 looks more sharp in color and detail then the current DLC Pinball arcade. There are clearly issue/bugs that need addressing, but why mess with tables that previously looked awesome!?

I'm trying not to ramble on, as many have voiced there bug concerns on this post. But I was so fuming mad that there seems to be more bugs in the latest update.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Well the sound is still pretty much mute and I still need to crank up the volume on my TV to get decent sound. Why this hasn't even been considered yet blows my mind.

Strange. If I go from another game to TPA I usually wind up turning the sound down a little.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I find the back glass for Gorgar is lite way to bright to appreciate the artwork also.

Yeah, I noticed this with pretty much all of them. During one of the updates, that changed the lighting, it added a bloom lighting effect to the back glass that makes them
very difficult to see clearly. My guess is most people are jumping right into a game of pinball and don't really notice.

I would love to see that addressed as well as the terribly low resolution flyers. They look like 600x800 jpgs and blown up on a large HDTV they look terrible.
I'd rather see them rescanned at 1920x xxxx or just ditch them altogether.

Obviously there are many more important bugs to take care of first though.

I received an email from them tonight saying they are releasing a patch to fix this, but they are no longer saying when this will happen.
They originally said 48 hours. I hope I'm wrong, but my guess would be September 28th (along with Table pack 4)

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Since this is the feedback thread I have to note that after playing Medieval Madness for a bit earlier I'm really happy with how much they fixed in the table. It's actually much more possible to gain control normally now since the ball speed in general seems slightly lower, and the insane speedboost from the dragon ramp seems to be gone too. I don't know if the flippers are still too short or not, but the main issues that made the table irritating for me seem to have been fixed. Good work on that.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
??? So I must be doing something wrong. Wonder what it is...

Have you tried just uninstalling and reinstalling the game? Have you e-mailed the problem to Farsight support? Maybe there's a known issue that only effects a few people? I'm assuming this is the only game that you're having the issue with?

Ruz-El

Sep 6, 2012
I got the slowdown on Theater Of Magic last night during the multi-ball. Didn't happen before the patch. I also had a weird ball lock up on Monster Bash after the Monster Bash Multiball. I appeared to have drained all the balls, but it showed one active somewhere and wouldn't leave the mode. Nudging the table to tilt nor "Calling an Attendant" helped (said no ball was locked), I had to exit the table and lose my amazing high score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.