Bug PS3 Version 2.0.2 Bugs and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

starck

Jun 7, 2012
The changelogs are usually posted on the developer's website, sometimes stickied in the dev.'s own forum. If not there, then on a wiki page made for the game. Just google '(insert game here) changelog'.

Example- there are wiki's for red dead redemption, fallout, etc....tons and tons of info there! Saved my ass many a time in New Vegas.

If you use the iOS version of TPA you'll understand even more. Farsight is the ONLY developer on my phone who releases updates with absolutely no information provided in the description. Of all the applications I've downloaded since ~2008, I have rarely, if ever, come across this blatant lack of basic information.

If they were to do this on my Mac- I wouldn't even download the update. No way in hell am I installing an update on my computer software that includes no info!!

Last edited:

BoxKnocker

Sep 8, 2012
Boxknocker- what were you using/doing to remap the flipper buttons?
Selecting the machine, going to table menu, help&options, settings, Flipper Control Option (which it saves and displays under the "Controls" Option regardless of choice, top or bottom set of shoulder buttons), and also pressing start during a game and following similar steps.

starck

Jun 7, 2012
Hmm that is odd. So this is an in-game thing.

I'll give mine a try tomorrow (err..later today) and see what happens on mine.

ROTTEN

Jun 27, 2012
This all comes down to Farsight supporting way, way too many platforms and despite them telling us there will be more QA involved in future updates I'm pretty sure we can look forward to more game breaking patches. It's painfully obvious there is zero QA testing being done on the PS3 version. There is no way QA could have missed the bugs in the recent updates. I love this game, but **** man .... Farsight .... what the hell are you doing? You know things are going south when Sony has to remove your updates.

Last edited:

EGRyan

Jul 6, 2012
I'm playing my PS3 on my older Sony KDF-60WF655 lcd rear projection TV at a resolution of 1080i.

I installed the 2.0.1 patch for TPA. I experienced slowdown on RBION and also had the "blue filter" effect after playing MB and switching to the other tables.

I was 'lucky' enough to get the 2.0.2 patch and now all problems seem to have been fixed, and all tables play fine. Just my two cents here.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
These bugs are extremely frustrating to me because the game has so much potential to be great. I was able to mitigate the flipper lag issue by enabling game mode on my tv but its still not quite perfect. If they ever got all of these bugs worked out this game would be phenomenal.

Specific to reporting new bugs - I had the ball fly straight through the castle on MM and come out the back side today (this was while the gate was up). The gate also seems to have some collision detection issues when down at times - am I crazy or has anyone else noticed this?

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
I don't want this patch if it breaks the ability to use L2/R2 on some tables. That's the way I have it set and I'd hate to switch

(I have those add-on trigger things for my L2/R2 buttons that make them super comfortable to use)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Well I really like the two stage flipper! I merely tried it out briefly, but one thing that improved immediately is sometimes I'll back hand a quick ball with the right flipper and the upper flipper would block it since I didn't release the button quick enough. Now no such worries as that upper flipper stays put! Should help me immensely in FH, as that is a constant problem for the way I play.

Thank God we don't have to listen to that Black Hole music non stop anymore!! Even those little breaks in the music help what has to be one of the most irritating repeating sounds ever.

Hurray for plunger fix! Again, only briefly tried it, but noticed the improvement on BoP and TotAN immediately.

And good job FarSight of not only fixing the nudge bug on MB, but also resetting the scores!! I really do think that each update should bring about a total reset on scores for all tables. For now, I'm happy with at least one table pushing aside all the bug exploiters.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
I noticed the high score table for BOP was reset as well... (I had a top ten score there). Is there any word on if the 10 billion point limit was lifted for the console versions so the leaderboard could be fair?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
how come i'm not getting this version. right now it's only offering me 2.01

Because it introduced a major bug if you were playing in 480 or 720p, causing dlc to not show up at all. It was pulled until the next patch is ready, which should be in a week or so.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
So you just have to re-install to make the fixes work ?

The patch 2.02 is currently on re-call and is no longer available due to a error that involves not being able to use tables on lower than 1080 P def. , FarSight is hard at work and hopes to have version 2.03 PS update by tommorow at the earliest . You will not be able to get this patch at all , and if you have the error for no DLC tables , either re-install the demo after uninstalling the game , or wait for FarSight to issue the fix it patch .

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
The patch 2.02 is currently on re-call and is no longer available due to a error that involves not being able to use tables on lower than 1080 P def. , FarSight is hard at work and hopes to have version 2.03 PS update by tommorow at the earliest . You will not be able to get this patch at all , and if you have the error for no DLC tables , either re-install the demo after uninstalling the game , or wait for FarSight to issue the fix it patch .

Thank you for the information it is much appreciated.

Dont Troll Me

Apr 29, 2012
FARSIGHT stop the licensing and kickstarters for now and work on fixing this broken game, fix the ball physx, fix the flipper spacing, fix ball vs ball collision ect ect ect, i hope this game revives because i do like it but things are looking ridiculous to the point where scores mean noting i cant sit down and play for 10 min with out turning it off it looks like a real pinball 100% but it does not feel like one.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
FARSIGHT stop the licensing and kickstarters for now and work on fixing this broken game, fix the ball physx, fix the flipper spacing, fix ball vs ball collision ect ect ect

While I agree that having a quite time for DLC's for a month or so to focus on fixes wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, licensing and kickstarters would have nothing to do with this. They take up none of the coders/programmers time.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
FARSIGHT stop the licensing and kickstarters for now and work on fixing this broken game, fix the ball physx, fix the flipper spacing, fix ball vs ball collision ect ect ect,

Ya know, it's NOT real pinball, just based on tables that happen to be real. I for one am happy to play the tables as they come, and then I get excited anew when fixes happen. Nothing has been unplayable to me (except the PS3 slowdown), I just accept the bugs as quirks of that table. In a lot of ways I find that easy to do, cause when I do happen upon a real table, 9 times out of 10 there is something wrong with it, like weak flippers, warped playfield, broken toys, and yet I'll still play. FarSight will fix things in due time. Just ask yourself, would you rather have nothing for months, would you like dlc to only come 3 or 4 times a year on iOS, which means twice a year on console? I say gimme the tables now so that we can help make TPA profitable which will allow FS to hire more people to fix bugs sooner which will make the game sell even better.

Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online