PS3 Version 2.0.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruz-El

Sep 6, 2012
The patches are distributed at the same time as new tables Ruz, they are free , but the reason they come out usually when new tables come out, is that FarSight finds it easier to add all the new files in one big patch , it's easier to track the bugs and less confusing for them. Your patch is free , but it comes out with the additional files to add new tables , if you buy those.

Thanks for the clarification. I was under the impression it was part of the table packs, which made no sense so it's nice to hear it's TPA is like other games.

I'm still going to wait to hear that the next patch fixes and doesn't create additional problems before buying any more tables. I'm tired of buggy games on the PS3.

DJ Clae

Jun 17, 2012
We complain about bugs but the real life tables often had maintenance issues that rendered them imperfect.

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
We complain about bugs but the real life tables often had maintenance issues that rendered them imperfect.

yeah let's compare computer code w/ bugs at release date with a mechanical object that wears out over time...

give me a break

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Why does that make it useless? I don't know how old you are, so maybe you never experienced this. Back in my day (oh here we go!), arcades shut down all the machines each night.

I wasn't talking so much about the leaderboards as I was about the fact that very time you nudge the ball during multiball you get a million points. (Frankenstein bash bug)
Now you can't really argue that scores in pinball are not important! I wasn't even trying to exploit the bug and ended up with about 50 million points I didn't deserve!

That's a game breaker for me.

This is a bug that was well known weeks before the PS3 version was released and should have been taken care of before its submission.

Like I said, hard to say not knowing you what your experiences are with actual arcades (not these damned redemption game centers they call 'arcades'), but mine is from the 80's and 90's, and that's what we dealt with.

Actually, I am 40 as of today (not bragging about it either) and spent my share of time in the arcades of the 70's and 80's, but times have changed, and when you get that amazing score in the top 10 it's nice to know it will only drop off when another player earns it and not someone in Big Bear hitting the delete key.

Yes, but those real life tables didn't have slowdown or disappear from next to the other machines. ;)
I am fine with burned out lamps and weak flippers

Zacharry

Banned
Aug 29, 2012
This is a high version and one must play this version with great endeavor and patience. You need great determination to rule this game and become one of the big players in this universe. you can't access this theme of this game until and unless you access the basic version.

ROTTEN

Jun 27, 2012
This is a high version and one must play this version with great endeavor and patience. You need great determination to rule this game and become one of the big players in this universe. you can't access this theme of this game until and unless you access the basic version.

Uhhhmmm .... wow. Get off the drugs bro.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012

Well speaking of "high".... :p

Farsight finally commented after 2 weeks of silence on the PS3 questions saying only that Table Pack 4 will be released on September 26th. No mention of the fixes piggybacked or anything. One would assume, but I try not to.

Also a September 26th release makes no sense on the PS3 as that would be Wednesday and Sony updates their store content on Tuesday's. So either they mean 9/26, or Tuesday October 2nd.
Hopefully 9/25!

Rayman1103

Jul 20, 2012
My mistake. Any word on when it is coming out ? Maybe with next weeks DLC.

There hasn't been any confirmation, but I would think so.

Also a September 26th release makes no sense on the PS3 as that would be Wednesday and Sony updates their store content on Tuesday's. So either they mean 9/26, or Tuesday October 2nd.
Hopefully 9/25!

I'm sure it'll still be 9/25. If I remember correctly, FarSight had Table Pack 3's release as 9/5, when it came out on 9/4. Tuesday's are the day Sony updates the PSN Store, so don't worry I'm sure we'll see Table Pack 4 on 9/25.

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012

I agree.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012

What you say? War of pinball begin, make your time and move theme for great justice!

Baintz

May 25, 2012
Farsight finally commented after 2 weeks of silence on the PS3 questions saying only that Table Pack 4 will be released on September 26th. No mention of the fixes piggybacked or anything. One would assume, but I try not to.

Hopefully 9/25!

The EU PSN store updates on a Wednesday, I guess this is what they were referring to?

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
The Tuesday update of the US store can happen at any time so it's safer to announce that it will be available the next day.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
It has to come out with next week's DLC otherwise FS is losing their Kickstarter funds (again, unless that other patch was free) to a standalone bug fixing patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online