ps3 version is BROKEN now... error codes :(

starck

Jun 7, 2012
As much as I'd like to agree, it would be terrible for Farsight. Xbox has the overwhelming market share here in the USA, to alienate them would be suicide for their business.

Xbox doesn't have an overwhelming market share.

Unit sales, 2009-2012:
PS3 market share:28.3% (~63 mil. units)
XBOX market share: 29.2% (~65mil. units)
Wii market share: 42.5% (~95 mil. units)

In fact, the ps3 has been outselling the xbox since 2010.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250...-sales-and-market-share-update-to-april-21st/

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
No...this is far from ok, but what you just suggested means no Xbox 360 users will ever get the first four DLC tables and I just don't see how any of this is the consumer's fault no matter what platform or device they play TPA on.

It is not the consumers fault. My question is why is it ok to shaft the PS3 users to placate MS but not the other way around? BOTH options suck, no denying that but everyone seems fine when its being done to the PS3 and yet they go full monkeysflinging**** crazy if the situation is reversed.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
It is not the consumers fault. My question is why is it ok to shaft the PS3 users to placate MS but not the other way around? BOTH options suck, no denying that but everyone seems fine when its being done to the PS3 and yet they go full monkeysflinging**** crazy if the situation is reversed.

Well, it looks like Microsoft doesn't have as much control over DLC as I thought since it now looks like the PS3 and PS Vita users will be playing the new DLC tables way before the Xbox 360 users, but if Microsoft did have the control over DLC like I thought they had, I would be completely against that sort of business practice even though I'm an Xbox 360 user myself.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Why would you think that? PS3 content is 3 weeks away, curiously the length of time for another round of MS submissions. Not to mention its highly unlikely that they made this announcement the same day they resubmitted to MS.

If PS3 does get content a week early (the vita is not a competing system) it would not be unreasonable to suspect that having acted in good faith for approval for 2 months to get on the MS DLC store that Farsight would be getting quite close to grounds for a lawsuit against MS for material harm to their business if they continued to insist on their first release policy. If there is one thing companies hate more than letting someone else go first its giving them free publicity via a lawsuit brought by a 3rd party.

I guess we'll see how this all pans out by the end of this month and hopefully it works out in favor of all parties involved.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
On June 26 FS has caught up with their 2 tables per month promise though at least, of barely :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts