PS3 williams collection original game compared to the pinball arcade

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Now budki is the second guy, who tells me that PHOF is better.
I dont get it. It's like saying, hey my Madden 05 looks better than Madden 13.

About half of PS3 players seem to get terrible flipper lag, for some reason. That may be part of it.

J2fold

Jul 28, 2012
Whaaaaat? did I hear someone bad mouth Zen 2? Actually I like Pinball Arcade more, but you can not compare the two because they are both different types of game play. As far as the iPad, I will play Pinball Arcade the most, but on the PS3 Zen pinball 3D hands down beats Pinball Arcade. I will say for the sake of argument that Pinball Arcade is for people who like to play real Pinball tables which is what I like, but with all the power that the PS3 has to offer and I think Pinball Arcade remains flat, "Literally." Personally I don't think Pinball Arcade is taking advantage of the PS3 and that's a shame.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Whaaaaat? did I hear someone bad mouth Zen 2? Actually I like Pinball Arcade more, but you can not compare the two because they are both different types of game play. As far as the iPad, I will play Pinball Arcade the most, but on the PS3 Zen pinball 3D hands down beats Pinball Arcade. I will say for the sake of argument that Pinball Arcade is for people who like to play real Pinball tables which is what I like, but with all the power that the PS3 has to offer and I think Pinball Arcade remains flat, "Literally." Personally I don't think Pinball Arcade is taking advantage of the PS3 and that's a shame.
That is an interesting point of view with which I disagree entirely. I think Pinball Arcade is an excellent use of the PS3. :)

Skipper

Aug 12, 2012
That is an interesting point of view with which I disagree entirely. I think Pinball Arcade is an excellent use of the PS3. :)

The texture resolution on some tables could be a little sharper and some rails could be a little radiused if you see them close compared with Zen Pinball, I think, but not on all tables. Certainly the backglass textures have a poor resolution all in all, if you look closely. In my opinion there is still more potential... :rolleyes:

Agujose

Aug 10, 2012
Greetings.
Yesterday the second download pack and Funhouse Circus Voltaire for PS3 and PS Vita and have noticed significant differences in quality between the old and new tables. Hall of fame I have and I've returned to play to see the differences and at times I liked the playability of the Hall of Fame to TPA. HOF has more customization options (music volume, effects ...) the camera angles are quite better than TPA (In Medieval Maddnes to throw the ball the camera angle allows uploading multipliers) in TPA is impossible to see what is making the ball) and many errors that remain uncorrected.

Still, I have all the tables of TPA and buy all that out, but I hope to improve certain aspects that make today playing at the same table in HOF and TPA me feel more comfortable with the game two years ago with the again, despite the improvements.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Greetings.
Yesterday the second download pack and Funhouse Circus Voltaire for PS3 and PS Vita and have noticed significant differences in quality between the old and new tables. Hall of fame I have and I've returned to play to see the differences and at times I liked the playability of the Hall of Fame to TPA. HOF has more customization options (music volume, effects ...) the camera angles are quite better than TPA (In Medieval Maddnes to throw the ball the camera angle allows uploading multipliers) in TPA is impossible to see what is making the ball) and many errors that remain uncorrected.

Still, I have all the tables of TPA and buy all that out, but I hope to improve certain aspects that make today playing at the same table in HOF and TPA me feel more comfortable with the game two years ago with the again, despite the improvements.

I can understand people being frustrated that the games continue to have bugs when they're released but they are getting better after each fix...well, after MOST bug fixes. Hang in there and Farsight will continue the bug fixes.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
When I was comparing MM between the two games the other day, I noticed that part of the reason I enjoy MM so much more in TPA is that in TPA, the highest camera angle, which is what I almost always play with, allows me to see the two uh incoming lanes or whatever they're called at the top right, whereas in PHoF the camera doesn't go that high and the view of those lanes is blocked. So I have to say that at the moment I'm liking TPA's camera angle more--it's more like the angle I actually see tables from when I play them in person.

I sure do wish TPA had volume control, though. And multiple controller support. PHoF certainly has the better of it in those departments.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Camera 3 is good if you are close up to your screen, it reminds me of the PAPA videos you see on the internet.

Last edited:

Probolkoc

Oct 21, 2012
Tales of the Arabian Nights and Medieval Madness in particular are way better on PHOF imo. The ultra-fast dragon ramp is just ridiculous, and the sound is a lot harsher on PA. PHOF has better skill shot angles, too (particularly on TotAN).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.