PS4 Announcement Feb. 20th?

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
"A separate source also indicates that the R2 and L2 buttons may actually be more in line with spring-loaded Xbox 360-like triggers and what looks to be an audio jack is underneath the controller, perhaps used to plug in a headset."

ps4controller.jpg

Last edited:

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
"A separate source also indicates that the R2 and L2 buttons may actually be more in line with spring-loaded Xbox 360-like triggers and what looks to be an audio jack is underneath the controller, perhaps used to plug in a headset."

ps4controller.jpg

Audio jack huh? try a port to connect PS Vita and use it's screen , if Sony was smart.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
if you don't like the ps3 controller go play xbox we like our thumb stick position just fine, xbox left thumb stick position is just so wrong that's why i don't like xbox much. a bulkier ps3 controller is about all i would tolerate

Not sure what you mean by "we", but I own both systems and the 360 controller is so ergonomically superior to the PS3 controller that I'd say it isn't even really a competition.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
As another unbiased owner of both systems I agree with the above, it's really difficult to argue otherwise. Sure, the 360 pad looks like the one for the old Xbox, but there's a world of difference.

Also, that PS4 controller picture has to be a fake! It looks like a really crappy cheap third party product. The horrendous design aside, look at how clunky and random the Dpad looks compared to the PS3 controller, or, for that matter, Vita's downright excellent Dpad that I would love to just see reused.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Chalk me up as one who likes his analogue sticks symmetrical.

Pretty interesting putting the Move sensor in the controller. Didn't expect that.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Chalk me up as one who likes his analogue sticks symmetrical.

Pretty interesting putting the Move sensor in the controller. Didn't expect that.

That's the one thing that kept me from keeping the Xbox was the asymmetrical design of the thumb sticks. I could get used to the weird buttons and awkward triggers but not the asymmetrical thumb sticks. But I don't knock anyone for not liking the PS controller. We all like what we like.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I looks like they're doing some work on making it more comfortable, that's promising. The new d-pad looks a lot better, but then the one we have now is terrible. Some of the other new features look interesting..

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
The newest rumor is in regard to the next PlayStation’s ability to stream games. The Wall Street Journal is reporting that “Sony Corp. is planning to offer technology to stream games to its next videogame console,” according to its own sources.

The new technology, to be unveiled Wednesday along with the new console, will allow users to play games delivered over the Internet, these people said. The streaming service, they added, is designed to use current PlayStation 3 titles on the new console; the new device is also expected to play new games stored on optical discs.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/16/report-playstation-4-will-stream-games

Sounds like a bad idea... laggy streaming games...

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
The newest rumor is in regard to the next PlayStation’s ability to stream games. The Wall Street Journal is reporting that “Sony Corp. is planning to offer technology to stream games to its next videogame console,” according to its own sources.

The new technology, to be unveiled Wednesday along with the new console, will allow users to play games delivered over the Internet, these people said. The streaming service, they added, is designed to use current PlayStation 3 titles on the new console; the new device is also expected to play new games stored on optical discs.

They spent nearly $400 million buying Gaikai so I would imagine they will invest heavily in streaming games. The rumor is that MS has something similar in mind.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012

Great, so the PS4 is going to be a thin client? Wonderful..

At least Farsight has confirmed there will be TPA on the next-gen consoles in the Newsletter, lets just hope it runs locally for pinball's sakes!

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Ok, if that's just how they're doing backwards compatibility for PS3 games that's not so bad. Although I would probably just keep the PS3 hooked up to play the old games then.

Dont Troll Me

Apr 29, 2012

so if we have say zen pinball 2, TPA and physical copies of full games stuff like that it may work on it hmm but the thought of having to pay monthly fee for online play is making me vary squeeze, dear god say its not so :( .thin client?? more i hear the worse all this sounds.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts