PS4 NA Version 01.02 Changelog, Discussion & Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Significantly reduced flipper lag, enhanced lighting and reduced jaggies are the biggest improvements that I've noticed over the PS3 version. The enhanced lighting, to me, could not be over sold though. The lighting is so much better than the PS3 that it alone is worth the price of buying new tables!

We're talking about a ps4 fgs, and lag was never an issue for me, and the leaderboards still don't work? Ffs, this is ridiculous.
I'm pretty much done with this, I was expecting too much obviously.
Such a shame as toatpa hagot me searching for real machines and has made me want to buy a real one.

Pro pinball will blow this away I fear.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
We're talking about a ps4 fgs, and lag was never an issue for me, and the leaderboards still don't work? Ffs, this is ridiculous.
I'm pretty much done with this, I was expecting too much obviously.
Such a shame as toatpa hagot me searching for real machines and has made me want to buy a real one.

Pro pinball will blow this away I fear.

I don't have any idea what any of that post meant.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Thanks for the list, PW! : D

Is it just me, or does pausing the game kill the current music clip more often than it used to? Seems to do it nearly every time now, whereas before I thought the music usually kept right on going when you resumed--maybe I'm remembering that wrong, though.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Yeah. So when are they going to upload the non-compressed, non-mobile sounds to the PS4 version?

Exactly! The Xbox 360 version should not sound so much better than the PS4 version-yet it does.

I've also noticed the black shadow is still present on MM. Looks like someone forgot to clean the table!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks for the list, PW! : D

Is it just me, or does pausing the game kill the current music clip more often than it used to? Seems to do it nearly every time now, whereas before I thought the music usually kept right on going when you resumed--maybe I'm remembering that wrong, though.

You're welcome...and it's not just you, the music now gradually becomes audible again after resuming play. This behavior was not present before v01.02.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
You're welcome...and it's not just you, the music now gradually becomes audible again after resuming play. This behavior was not present before v01.02.

Oh good, I'm not going crazier. I didn't notice a gradual return of the music, though--it seemed to me like the music wasn't coming back at all until I did something by playing the table that triggered a music change from the ROM.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Oh good, I'm not going crazier. I didn't notice a gradual return of the music, though--it seemed to me like the music wasn't coming back at all until I did something by playing the table that triggered a music change from the ROM.

You're probably correct. I'll take a closer look at the actual behavior when I begin my thorough test of all 24 tables and the UI as I prepare to compile a post v01.02 bug/issues report to send to FarSight with the hope that a majority of the new and lingering bugs/issues can be addressed before the next patch is sent to Sony for approval.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
So far I like TPA's Fish Tales better than the real thing; real Fish Tales feels very claustrophobic to me, with the boat uh laney thing pretty low over the flippers, but the way TPA's camera makes the lower parts of the tables feel more expansive makes FT feel nice and roomy by comparison. Of course this means going from TPA FT to RL FT would be a horribly disconcerting experience, but I don't plan to spend too much time on the real one due to the cramped feeling, so no prob! (CFtBL is kinda the same for me in that respect.)

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Fish Tales:
dy4j.jpg

Black Rose:
0odi.jpg

Both in dark lighting mode.

Patty

Banned
Jan 18, 2014
Looks great, but not for the people in Europe. I´m angry. ´cause it´s high noon on Thursday, and there is still nothing for the PS4. No update, no new tables. Shame on FS, or is Sony the origin of this disappointment?

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Once a product is in Sony's hands it's up to them to release it. If the tables for EU were only submitted a couple of weeks ago then it probably not going to be released that quickly. I don't know. People can crack on Zen all they want but they can secure a release date and get their product into people's hands. Plus their PR lady Barbie is very responsive about getting info out to the people or bug reports, ideas, etc. I hope PW's personal life gets better for him because without him we are kind of left in the dark console wise. Yes PW you're a good PR man and should be paid for your efforts. Just my opinion. :)

Patty

Banned
Jan 18, 2014
Once a product is in Sony's hands it's up to them to release it. If the tables for EU were only submitted a couple of weeks ago then it probably not going to be released that quickly. I don't know. People can crack on Zen all they want but they can secure a release date and get their product into people's hands. Plus their PR lady Barbie is very responsive about getting info out to the people or bug reports, ideas, etc. I hope PW's personal life gets better for him because without him we are kind of left in the dark console wise. Yes PW you're a good PR man and should be paid for your efforts. Just my opinion. :)

I must join your statement. TPA is of course the better pinball-simulation, no question. Deep in my heart i love TPA. But ZEN has by far the better public relation and you can trust their promises. Not so with FS. Read their promises: "every month new tabels, tournament mode, play with friends....." No promise met reality.

By the way, here´s the official statement from FS:
"The megapatch, according to Sony Europe, is set for either the last week of April or the first week of may. Sorry for the delay."

Last edited:

GregoroV

Jan 14, 2014
I bought fish tales and black rose useing us prepaid card (i live in uk), amaizing tables. They looks gorgeous and they are lots of fun. You can see how much quality improoved since season 1. I have also ps3 season 2, and i can see that assets looks so much better than ps4's season 1. Hopely there will be update for this tables on ps4 in the future!

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
2 things of note:

Medieval Madness no longer has unlimited extra balls off of Royal Madness since the patch.

Also, a note to everyone: if you exit a table immediately after finishing a game, your high score will not post to the leaderboard.

I just learned this the hard way. 3.17 billion on Medieval and nothing to show for it :(

*nevermind, just took forever to upload*

Last edited:

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
I know this is a cosmetic issue but it's been around a long time. While in play the trio of vertical white lights on the back of RBION look square and not as individual lights. They look normal while not in play for some reason. Wow that's some kinda broken leaderboard. I feel for you Mark that's a great score.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
976.4MB PS4 update now downloading! What does it contain I wonder!

More buggy tables. :p

I hope some of the well-known bugs have been patched along with this update, as I know updates with the PS4 console are few and far between.

Crossing my fingers! Heading for home now.

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
After update Season4 shows POTO. Season3 shows LCA, HRC, BSD, and Diner. Season2 shows 20 tables, including T2! Challenges are available too, unless I missed them prior? Sounds seems improved, or just placebo effect? Hope it won't be much longer till we can purchase!

Thanks FS Developement Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.