PS4 Retail Version Released! PSN Dates Announced

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
So, does anyone who has it know if there is a way to install the disc version on the hard drive so that I don't have to put the disc in every time I want to play it? And will updates and dlc for the disc version work the same as the psn version?

The PS4 will install the game on the hard drive for quicker access (at least if it works like my existing PS4 disc games) but the PS4 requires you to put the disc in the console to play it. It is unknown at this point if there will be DLC for the disc version.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Someone is streaming this on Twitch right now. Looks good. Is *not* the pro versions of the tables.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Not that I caught.

Kind of puzzled about the Pro thing now that I think of it; maybe I'm forgetting, but while I didn't see any Pro menu options when he went into the table menu for a table that would have them in Pro mode, like Scared Stiff, I also don't remember seeing the "upgrade to pro" or whatever like coin slot icon on the table select screen (or one in the table menu if there was one there too in the PS3 version, can't remember that now).

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Will get this and the download version as well. Why? No idea, I like burning cash.

Crazy that PS4 got a surprise full disc release under a new piblisher yet the 360 version remains in limbo and the xbone remains, well, boned.

Not really.

Farsight picked up a new publisher as part of the Crave bankruptcy. However, the bankruptcy court didn't allow Farsight to get out of their contract with Crave. Thus, Farsight is not allowed to publish with their new publisher for the Xbox360 version because they are still under contract with Crave, and some creditors convinced the court that the proposed bankruptcy plan was insufficient.

For the Xbone, it's still up in the air as ID@Xbox is only just getting off the ground. That's supposed to only be get going first quarter of 2014 at the earliest. Farsight's actually just waiting for devkits, and I'm sure Microsoft is figuring out how to handle the retail-unit-devkit thing.

The BIG question though are the retail and digital versions the same? I.e., if you buy the retail version, and DLC works for it and the downloaded version, or not?

This could be a big issue if the retail version comes under a publisher, while the digital version comes under the indie developer rules.

MSN1983

Aug 1, 2012
I was able to find a copy to at Toys R Us. I checked with Wal-Mart, Gamestop, Target, and Best Buy all of them said they have no listing for it and didnt even know it was coming out as a retail release for PS4. However Toys R Us and F Y E both had them in stock. All PS4 games are $5 off at TRU so it was only $35.

Anybody who has it or is going to get it on PSN add me. My PSN name is Jetsetpoker.

Im just so excited to finally play Star Trek and Attack from Mars. I had the 360 version but we all know how that went. I was going to get all of the tables for PS3 but i hated the way it played. Cant wait till i get home from work!

MSN1983

Aug 1, 2012
Sadly i can confirm that the retail disc does not come with controller vibration or the ability to change the triggers. The triggers are defaulted as the top buttons not the back triggers.

MSN1983

Aug 1, 2012
I forgot that PS4 streams. When i get home from work ill stream my game for some reason it shows up on justin.tv instead of twitch but whatever. I hope they patch the triggers soon.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012

I'm in there at the moment, but anon 'cause I forgot my actual login which is through the PS4 : P

The dark lighting setting really does look nice. The one I saw yesterday was the default medium I think and looked a bit washed out in the deeper shadows.

Also I saw the green custom ball in action yesterday--looked nice, doesn't have the texture mapping problems that the PS3 version still has.

OOh this means I'll finally be able to use my gold custom ball, yay : D

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2013
It looks amazing and plays great. Nothing more to really add yet. Liking all the lighting settings for different reasons.

Got my copy at Toys R Us in case anyone is wondering.

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
If anyone does any streams, will you please do Twilight Zone? I've been dying to see it on PS4! (In the dark room settings, of course)

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Pretty sure it's just Season One, they haven't finished converting Season Two to the PS4 yet.

MSN1983

Aug 1, 2012
AVOID THIS VERSION AT ALL COSTS. It only includes Season One regular tables. For $10 cheaper you can get both the regular and pro tables.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts