Python Anghelo passed away

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
R.I.P. Python, the creator of probably the most interesting pinball that never came to serial production :(

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
First Ultimate Warrior then Python Anghelo? Today has been an awful day :(

Yeah, this is double sad. My entire morning was devastated by the Warrior news. But he went out in pretty amazing fashion and it seems like he got a lot of closure and happiness in the last few months by healing old wounds and resolving old issues.
Too bad about Pyton. I'm sure there is a lot of mad genius we will never get to experience.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Yeah, this is double sad. My entire morning was devastated by the Warrior news. But he went out in pretty amazing fashion and it seems like he got a lot of closure and happiness in the last few months by healing old wounds and resolving old issues.
Too bad about Pyton. I'm sure there is a lot of mad genius we will never get to experience.

Completely agree.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Yup, you can't say that he wasn't at least a positive influence on the pinball world. When people these days seem mostly happy with churning out generic titles, he was always pushing the limit with his designs, regardless of if they had a good outcome or not.

Father of Pin*Bot :(

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
RIP Python...

image.jpg

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
If we can take some good news through/out of this (by comparison), it's that the next issue of Pinball Magazine has a MASSIVE feature on Python. I'm sure it will be snapped up quickly, but I'm glad that managed to happen before his passing. It should serve as a wonderful insight and beautiful post-script to his life :)

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
A terrible shame. Python was a very unique and extremely creative man who spoke his mind without concern for what "the man" might think. Something to respected in a world so preoccupied with hurting other people's feelings. For me, I will take solace in knowing that Python's legacy will continue as long as people remember and appreciate what he has done for pinball.

And yes, I am extremely delighted to know that he will be soon featured in the next issue of the Pinball Magazine.

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Sad news. What a fitting tribute it is that High Speed is TPA's table this month. Maybe the next TPA tourny should be all Python tables?

Last edited:

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Definitely some sad news. Even though he was more of an artist than a designer (most of "his" games were primarily designed by other guys), he came up with some crazy ideas and the world of pinball would have been a lot more boring if he didn't have a part in it.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Sad news. What a fitting tribute it is that High Speed is TPA's table this month. Maybe the next TPA tourny should be all Python tables?
I realised the same thing only 5 minutes ago. His story on the game may not have gone perfectly (in his TOPcast interview, he said he didn't like the idea of escaping the police, he wanted the game to be from their perspective, not the driver's) but it's still his work and it suits the game perfectly :)

Edit: Like that tourney idea! So, we'd have:
High Speed
Taxi
Pin*Bot
Bride of Pin*Bot
Fish Tales

I'm not sure how many tables are usually in the tournaments, but I think it would be a fitting tribute :)

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I realised the same thing only 5 minutes ago. His story on the game may not have gone perfectly (in his TOPcast interview, he said he didn't like the idea of escaping the police, he wanted the game to be from their perspective, not the driver's) but it's still his work and it suits the game perfectly :)

Edit: Like that tourney idea! So, we'd have:
High Speed
Taxi
Pin*Bot
Bride of Pin*Bot
Fish Tales

I'm not sure how many tables are usually in the tournaments, but I think it would be a fitting tribute :)

Make it so, FarSight.

Final Five Tournament.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts