Q&A with Bobby King: Round 1

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Thanks loads for your time, and dedication to this project -It's gotta be something of a rollercoaster for sure!
Nice you can get some sanity here - away from the FB freakshow ;)

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Very intrigued with the Bally tables. I'm guessing it will be limited to Solid State games but a lot of great ones in that time frame. Xenon, Centaur, Eight Ball Deluxe and Fireball to name a few of the more enjoyable non-licensed games. I would definitely be looking forward to several of those games getting released over the next couple years.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
I am really excited about that the Cabinet Question not only made it in but I am very happy with the answer ... you know what that means .... Time to start considering how I will build a cabinet. If coin slot game activation is an option ... I am going to have a very large and entertaining piggy bank!

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
I am really excited about that the Cabinet Question not only made it in but I am very happy with the answer ... you know what that means .... Time to start considering how I will build a cabinet. If coin slot game activation is an option ... I am going to have a very large and entertaining piggy bank!

Yeah, but I was a bit disappointed that he did touch on the real DMD portion. I already have a DMD driver board from PinDMD but I don't want to spring for a DMD unless I know I can actually use it.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
I know what you mean, he did answer the question saying they had intentions of supporting cabinets for sure with multiple screens but so much of the specifics were left out. Will real DMDs be supported, will coin box operation be supported, will "second flipper buttons" be supported for nudging, will solenoids be supported, and the list goes on. But on the very bright side, at least we know at least two screens will be supported which means they are definitely heading in the right direction. Considering I am not all that technically inclined when it comes to building a PC specifically for a Pin Cab, I just hope people here with experience in doing so will be able to guide me through the technicalities of getting all the various parts in a cab working ... such as flipper control, coin slot, setting up two or three monitors, plunger, and the list goes on and on. What I can say is that I will definitely build a cab, that is 100% for sure.

nimitz

Jun 5, 2012
3.) Will we ever be able to vote for table releases, and if so when?
Yes, we wanted to release Gorgar first – which is part of the next DLC pack and see how it does. Our plan for the first vote is to allow fans (and maybe just people who buy Gorgar) to pick which classic Bally table from the 70s-early 80s to do first.
Mata Hari anyone? :D

Members online

Members online