question-corrested top ten poll***

budtki@verizon.net

Aug 20, 2012
first of all i am thrilled to see the COMET at the top of the list. i really couldn't believe the inital results had comet that low, my question is this...were the other top ten polls flawed as well? and ... if they were, can you display the other corrected top ten polls as well? i am hoping for high speed I, cyclone, and fireball to be some of the machines that may have better results then those originally posted.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The Top Ten polls we ran over the summer were not flawed...they clearly represented what tables the community wanted to see released sooner rather than later. The only reason Comet is ranked higher now is simply because the most voted for tables in the original poll series are not represented in the latest forum member created poll.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Neither poll that containted the Comet pin is flawed. Comet is just doing better in this poll because of the other pins it is being compared with. In the first poll it was included with pins with playfield toys and DMDs, so it didn't fare as well. In the current poll it is being compared only to other early SS pins. Therefore it is doing much better. (Big fish in a smaller pond kind of thing)
If you're saying the first poll was apples to oranges and the new poll is apples to apples, well you may have a valid point. That is probably why CC13 did this new poll. Trying to make a fairer fight in a way.
The originals poll was based on the maker, Williams. Both valid polls, just from a different perspective. Not really a corrected poll, just a different poll.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.