Questions before buying

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
Hello folks. Big fan here, and I have all seasons on Vita and PC. I just recently got a new phone with a ton more space than my old phone, and with the announcement of the Williams/Bally tables, I decided to buy a couple of my faves so I can at least play some (awesome) pinball on the go. You're probably wondering why I even need to considering I have a Vita, but sadly my Vita was hit with the low battery issue (it thinks the battery is low when it isn't) so I can't bring it outside anymore. It also doesn't have season 7 so I can't get World Championship Soccer on it. That said, I am currently playing through the free pins in the hopes that I will get better playing on a touchscreen (I can't seem to nudge well with touchscreen), and when I do, start buying some tables.

The issue is that I want to get Scared Stiff with Family Mode turned off. Normally that is through Pro mode but when I checked in game, there is no pro mode. Is it already included when I buy a pin for this pack?

Also, another of my fave pins is Medieval Madness, which conveniently is one of the free pins this month. Is it possible to buy it while it's free? I didn't see any option. I guess I'd have to wait til the pins change next month before I can buy it, but what if another of my fave pins goes free next month? I won't be able to buy it before June 30th!

Thanks.

P.S. 28 views and nobody knows if Pro mode is included with an iOS purchase?

Last edited:

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I can't speak for the newest version of TPA because I'm running a very old version (5.10.0, old UI, TX Sector table is "new") but the Pro Mode version of Scared Straight IS available for purchase in my version.

I didn't buy it in a table pack either so I can't comment how that would work.

Can't comment about MM as I've already purchased it so naturally, it's not available to me to purchase regardless of if it's a free table for the month.

Usually, the option to purchase the table (if you're playing the demo) is given to you when the demo table's score limit is reached...don't know how that works when it's free for the month.

Again, this is all going by what I'm seeing in my old version of TPA so this may be different for the newest version.

Last edited:

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
I don't want to buy a crippled version of Scared Stiff. It's sooo much better with Family Mode off. When I attempt to buy it just tells me it's paired with Big Shot and if I'd like to buy it for $6.99. No mention of a Pro version at all. I am inclined to think that it's included with the pack, but an actual confirmation would be nice :/

Thanks for replying to me though. It's been hours. I guess not many people come here.

Last edited:

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I don't know if the Pro version is included with the table pack or not (I'm thinking it's not because of the price) but I believe in the past when a Pro capable table was in a table pack, you needed to buy the table pack, then upgrade to the Pro version of the desired table after the purchase of the table pack for a reduced price (maybe $2.99-3.99). Again, I don't know this for sure but on my older version of TPA, I have a few tables that I did not purchase the Pro version of...the Pro version is available for additional purchase for $2.99-$3.99.

Only when a table was available *by itself* for sale and it was also available in the Pro version was the option given at the time of purchase to save a couple of bucks and purchase the Pro version outright. You could always purchase the standard version, then upgrade later to Pro for an additional cost.

The Pro version of any given table has always cost more to purchase.

Last edited:

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
Well that's probably it then. It makes sense. Thanks. I'll buy it and check. Thanks for the help!

UPDATE: Yay! You're right! I bought SS and when I went to the Pro menu, it asked me if I wanted to get Pro. Whoo!! Man, it's expensive though. Had to pay another $5.49 ish to get Pro on top of the $6.99.

Sadly there seems to be no way to buy MM while it's a free table for me. No option to buy it ever comes up when I play it. I am trying to buy the other pins I want now before June in case one appears as a free pin.

Thanks again for being the only person helping me!

Last edited:

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
Don't think that should be a problem. The free pins change every month, so I can buy MM in June when the free pins change. Is there a set date each month when the free pins rotate or is it just random? I already bought a bunch of pins, and am planning to buy several more before the June 30th deadline.

Ryanpaaz

May 30, 2018
You can buy Bride of Pinbot and since it's in a pack with MM you can get that as well -- I can't backdoor myself into the AF table like that though.
From what I understand, you buy the regular table and then you upgrade in the table to the Pro pack, don't quote me though.

Members online

Members online