Quick! Delete Five Tables!

VanceFox

Jul 29, 2013
It's an stale thread, but why not?

1) Central Park - Boring game play for me. Big Shot at least makes the upper spot drop targets, giving you a sense of completion. That, and flippers that don't let you really do anything.
2) El Dorado - Either of them (or both!). I just don't get the appeal.
3) No Fear - I LOVED this pin when it was in my college's bowling alley. I was a master at it, but this game? I just can't learn any of the shots with any kind of precision. Every time I fire it up, I'm left frustrated and disappointed.
4) Rescue 911 - I generally play newly released tables a lot (until the next one comes out). I was done with this one within days.
5) Xenon - There's only two shots on the table. Two! Ramp to the right, lane to the left and both are not that hard to hit. Gets repetitive fast and the sound effects are obnoxious.

JayHarrison

May 10, 2013
Ooh, ooh, ooh! Is it too late for me to join in on this debate? I hope not, and even if I was, I've still got some tables I want to vent on.

(Before diving in, I'm leaving out Black Rose; Diner; Junk Yard; Lights, Camera, Action!; WhoDunnit? because I don't have these tables, and that my platform of choice is the PS3.)

TWO TABLES I'D DELETE WITH ZERO HESITATION

Champion Pub: I'm surprised I'm the first (and only) person to bring this one up, but I think Champion Pub is the only truly irredeemable table in the collection. I hate the table's vain attempts at humor, the perplexing rule set, the characters, the "skill" shot, the unnecessary bagatelle on the right-hand side of the table. I truly regret ever giving this table any space on my PS3's hard drive.

Rescue 911: The table's compartmentalized layout doesn't do it any favors, the rule set is confusing, and, most important of all, whenever any of the game's mode are active, the scoreboard is NEVER visible. [I}Rescue 911[/I] is too busy for its own good.

TABLES I'D CONSIDER SERIOUSLY CONSIDER DELETING

Jack*Bot: Recycling Pin*Bot's layout doesn't automatically mean producing a more engaging game. That, and hearing "JackBot!" gets really old really fast. While I'm on the subject of Pin*Bot...

The Machine: Bride of Pin*Bot: Earning a high score on this table relies on a single, easily repeatable strategy: Start multiball, lock both balls, await "Billionaire Club" reward, make a very easy shot to earn one billion points, render all other scoring irrelevant. A table's "jackpot" should never be the fourth-highest scoring shot on any table.

Tee'd Off: Three words: No Good Gofers.

(DIS)HONORABLE MENTIONS

Black Knight: Probably the only table that I used to enjoy that I currently don't, and it's not through any fault of the table's design or rules. The PS3 version is presently broken; shooting the ball into the upper playfield lock doesn't feed a new ball to the plunger, practically bricking the table. Without this malfunction, I could play this game for an hour uninterrupted.

Cactus Canyon: Decent table, but on this list for its incompleteness. There's no high-score music, the replay match is jarringly silent and uneventful, and the voice quality is inconsistent (some voice clips are crystal clear, others sound fuzzy).

Ripley's Believe It or Not!: The Shrunken Head is a hoot, and the rules are decent, if confusing. The audio brings Ripley's down quite a bit; the music equates to dull travelogue music, and the voice-over guy portraying Ripley sounds utterly bored by what he's reading.

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Bone Busters
Rescue 911
EL Dorado: COG
Victory
Goin' Nuts

Honorable Mention
Black Knight - because it's a non-emulated broken mess.

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
I think this is more of a personal list thread than one to argue facts.

There is nothing wrong with the Victory table - it is a solid table and decently designed, but a few wouldn't care if it was gone. I like it but it isn't in my favorites.

That said, Goin Nuts should be on everyone's list. I mean, it's the only table on here that wasn't really a finished product right?

El Dorado City of Gold came out first, so yeah, this one could go because the EM is less annoying.

I appreciate all 3 Pinbot tables. I don't think the original gets much playtime due to Jackbot though, as I like the rules better there.

Rescue 911 is understandable and I wouldn't miss it either. It's such an assault on the senses - however I'm glad it is there for completeness.

Fireball can go far away - once in awhile you get to play pinball on that table on the rare occasion. Most of the time the table is doing whatever the hell it wants.

Flight 2000 is a solid table too, and same goes for Genie. These are underrated in this thread I think.

Lights Camera Action - yeah, many dislike this table. Not a fan of the art. The back glass mode is a little annoying. This could go.

Central Park could go. Not much use other than historical value.

Starship Troopers - this could go. I dislike this table - just not fun. Sound effects are annoying, not much of anything satisfying.

Last Action Hero is better than the movie for sure. Nothing terribly wrong with this table.

Earthshaker - underrated. Decent table. I can see why some would dislike it but this should stay.

Safe Cracker - hmm.... yeah this is a total oddball table. I don't care for it either, but can't say it is outright bad.

Class of 1812 - fun table - this stays. Way better than Bone Busters.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Goin Nuts
Black Hole (terrible adaptation)
Genie
Haunted House (another terrible adaptation)
Harley Davidson

Runner ups:
Cueball Wizard
Class of 1812
El Dorado SS
Central Park
Junk Yard

Then Zen and Zacc it is.

I hear you.

I wonder how many Zen haters have bothered to try their more recent tables? 2016 gave us some fantastic Zen tables.

But I'd still pick Premier over Zaccaria.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.