Rate tables in Season 4

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Learning new things is more fun than being spoonfed the answer, imo.

Of all the things you could spend your time learning you want pinball acronyms to be one of them?? The fact that you condescendingly use the term spoonfed shows you are exactly who we are talking about. If you love acronyms so much figure this one out. GFYYPPBDB!

invitro

May 4, 2012
I hope it starts with Good For You...

Maybe he's a fan of new graphics formats.

gif_v_gfy-01_499x1235.jpg

invitro

May 4, 2012
You are my... ...new friend.

Sorry bro, I don't associate with mere plebs.

On topic... TAF is now TAFG (or The Addams Family Special Collectors Edition for the plebs) in my game! Did this happen for everyone? Am I looking in a gift horse's mouth? Is it a weekend special? I think I would've noticed if it were TAFG before... there are lots of callout and other little differences. I definitely didn't donate to any kickstarter. More on topic... TAF/TAFG may have moved to my #1 of Season 4, but I need to decide if I think the extra TAFG stuff is an improvement over TAF. I suppose it scores slightly but sort of substantially better? Maybe 5-40M extra per mansion tour?

34zlrnt.jpg

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
at first the acronyms were tough and hard to decipher. but I caught on fairly quick. it helps that most of the time the acronyms people are using are mostly tables from tpa. when someone uses an acronym from an un released table it does get a lil confusing sometimes. example : (bttf = back to the future) that one always gets me.

also, when I myself use acronyms, I often get mm and mb mixed up when i'm typing, or even reading them.

didn't jeff and Montana frank make a thread listing the commonly used acronyms?

There are a few that get me too. But what I don't get is WOZ. Who came up with that? Shouldn't it be WOO?

TAORABAF = totally afraid of ringmaster as bad as Freddy

Last edited:

superdan

Jan 30, 2015
WTF? :)
Somewhat off topic but in the ballpark and a bit lighthearted in the discussion...this thread reminds me of the one of the craziest acronyms I remember off the tv show "Married with Children." It was NO MA'AM. National Organization of Men against Amazonian Masterhood.
Not to be outdone, I spent 8 years in the US Navy, and boy, in the military you get enough acronyms to choke a chicken with...like USSID (United States Signals Intelligence Directive) or RADAR (Radio Detection and Ranging)...but how about this goliath of an acronym...ADCOMSUBORDCOMPHIBSPAC (Administrative Command, Amphibious Forces, Pacific Fleet Subordinate Command). lol
Anyway, please return to the regular discussion at hand. Incidentally, there are honestly only three games on TPA I haven't purchased yet...all three from season 4, so I guess they rank at the bottom for me...ES and SST and PZ. My favs of season 4 so far seem to be TAF, Cyclone, J*B, POTO in that order I suppose. I have IOS and haven't had much time to play J*B yet, but already is surpassing POTO. Well, CU and LMAO

invitro

May 4, 2012
There are a few that get me too. But what I don't get is WOZ. Who came up with that? Shouldn't it be WOO?

I have never seen the glorious Wizard of Oz but I agree with you so much. It should be WOO or WoO or maybe TWoO. But www.ipdb.org mentions only WOZ so we're stuck. Even though everyone knows WOZ stands only for tennis superstar Caroline WOZniacki. I suppose since WOO stands for a certain rasslin' superstar, he and Caroline had to battle to keep their acronym. And we all know who would win that so... hey, this explains everything! (Except how to emulate WOZ which probably won't be solved until TPA6.)

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
Addams Family
Earthshaker
Party Zone
Starship Troopers
Phantom of the Opera

I'm still waiting for the rest on PS4 but I'm hoping Jack*Bot will take the number two spot.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts