Ready for some Craziness? Mexico Declares War on Pinball Machines

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
ryanblank.gif

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
What are those machines? They're not what we know from TPA and Stern and Williams. They're smaller and I can't see flippers in them. They look like pachinko-style shooting, in roughly a Safecracker pinball form factor. Is this a Mexican thing?

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
What are those machines? They're not what we know from TPA and Stern and Williams. They're smaller and I can't see flippers in them. They look like pachinko-style shooting, in roughly a Safecracker pinball form factor. Is this a Mexican thing?

"Tragamonedas" Google translates into slot machines. The Spanish article on pinball links to máquinas tragamonedas (slot machines) but *arcade* pinball is not called tragamonedas in Spanish, as far as I can see. (Perhaps a native speaker can chime in :), but it looks like pinball is mostly known as "pinball" or "flipper" in Spanish?)

Yeah, this raid looks like its on pachinko type games essentially. Apparently the reporter has a difficult time Googling good translations. :mad:

Last edited:

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Yeah, those are definitely not pinball machines, but some weird gambling things. I guess those pinball-playing mexicans can rest easy.

etchie

Sep 4, 2014
This is exactly why pinball was banned in the states for 30 years. Pinball was suddenly considered gambling (even though you don't win anything). Same deal too. There weren't any flippers or anything, it was all chance. Not sure how that became popular in the first place, honestly.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts