Real Tables Announced/Designed But Later Cancelled Before Release/Prototype

N

netizen

I would almost wager that one of the guys in SYT's pinball league has the prototype for Zingy Bingy as he mentioned that there is one guy that collects nothing but prototypes and whitewoods, plus there is mention on Pinside that the person that owns the Zingy Bingy prototype is in SoCal and is a prototype collector. I would think there can;t be too many of these types of collectors.

Perhaps if we are lucky SYT might confirm if this is true and if it is provide some pics and/or feedback ... :rolleyes:

Here's some info about Zingy Bingy in the meantime

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I would almost wager that one of the guys in SYT's pinball league has the prototype for Zingy Bingy as he mentioned that there is one guy that collects nothing but prototypes and whitewoods, plus there is mention on Pinside that the person that owns the Zingy Bingy prototype is in SoCal and is a prototype collector. I would think there can;t be too many of these types of collectors.

Perhaps if we are lucky SYT might confirm if this is true and if it is provide some pics and/or feedback ... :rolleyes:

Here's some info about Zingy Bingy in the meantime

After reading about it, i would agree. Maybe he can get pics someday. Although I never realized Python Angelo was such a a-hole. Or crazy. Or both.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012

Dear God it sounds cool!

Ice Kastle was a medieval themed game like MM, but this one was set in a snowy netherword with snow monsters and ice-breathing dragons. It had a neon castle tower and three-level playfield and a catapult, drawbridge and ice bridge. It was really a great design, but somehow was never put into an engineering schedule. I did not really bring forward any of those ideas. My brain is very creative, so I enjoy making new things all the time for the pinball playfield. One feature that was nice was a bottom jewel bonus similar to Arabian Nights. Lots of lights that glow as you play.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
After reading about it, i would agree. Maybe he can get pics someday. Although I never realized Python Angelo was such a a-hole. Or crazy. Or both.

I did find a picture of the playing field but it took a lot of work. Should have saved it for you guys. I'll try to find it again and post it

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The above video is indeed from the house of one of the guys that is in my pinball league. He hosts for us once a year in the summer, and it's a can't miss event. I have not seen Zingy Bingy in person though, as that particular league night also hosts a kids event, so I'm sure it's hidden away. But I have played Krull, Wizard Blocks, Playboy, King Kong, and Loch Ness there, and all are exceedingly rare if not one offs.

As for the MAD pinball...did you look at the proposed playfield? That would have been so much fun to look at! Wish it was a thing, even if it was coming from Data East.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
The above video is indeed from the house of one of the guys that is in my pinball league. He hosts for us once a year in the summer, and it's a can't miss event. I have not seen Zingy Bingy in person though, as that particular league night also hosts a kids event, so I'm sure it's hidden away. But I have played Krull, Wizard Blocks, Playboy, King Kong, and Loch Ness there, and all are exceedingly rare if not one offs.

As for the MAD pinball...did you look at the proposed playfield? That would have been so much fun to look at! Wish it was a thing, even if it was coming from Data East.

You're friend has an AMAZING collection of pins, especially all the prototypes. Talk about pinball nirvana!

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
You're friend has an AMAZING collection of pins, especially all the prototypes. Talk about pinball nirvana!

SYT used to talk about this place in this thread:
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/8541-The-Home-Pinball-Arcade-of-Your-Dreams-now-with-video?highlight=envy
Two videos included.

I'm not good in german but maybe someone else is :)
I don't know if you have seen this. In the German thread, there is also a more or less hidden link to an mp3 audio interview with Mark Ritchie, where he talks about Zingy Bingy.
http://www.pinrepair.com/topcast/past.php

Episode 49. The specific question is @ 1:20:15. Interesting stuff.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
No, both were white woods. Wizard Blocks though had plenty of video good to go, whereas Playboy barely had any.

Ah. Ok. It's a shame the P2K series didn't get beyond two machines. I'm especially impressed that your friend has the 2 unproduced prototypes. Talk about holy grails.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Ah. Ok. It's a shame the P2K series didn't get beyond two machines. I'm especially impressed that your friend has the 2 unproduced prototypes. Talk about holy grails.

I have spent a lot of time pondering what could have been in p2k. Apparently a sequel to theater of magic was due as well but never made it to any design stage. We should start a thread discussing what could have been. I'd love to hear what others thought could have been.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts