Red tint/saturation in TPA DX9. & DX11 on my PC... Please help!

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
The PC version of TPA has a very red tint to it on my laptop. This is a problem only in TPA, both DX9 and DX11, and only in-game. Menus looks fine. My other games do not suffer from this issue, and the red tint is there when I hook it up to my plasma tv or lcd monitor via HDMI. It's a total saturation of red/pink, it ruins the game. I tried to mess with some settings in TPA config and my NVIDIA control panel but I can't figure out what the problem is. I've just been playing on other platforms until now but I just completed my PC pinball controller and my monitor can rotate to portrait mode and I'm desperate to fix the issue now so I can enjoy the game.

Any advice is appreciated...

Nate

Jan 20, 2015
known issue in dx9 but I haven't personally come across this issue since the dx11 makeover, you must be running a pretty sweet little laptop to be rockin dx11 on there! whats your system specs? CPU GPU and RAM. Try calibrating your monitor/TV color temperature to normal or cool as opposed warm which in my opinion makes everything kind of permeate a nasty pink funk...

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Lenovo Y50 Touch. It has an i7, 8 gb RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 860M. Great little mid-range gaming laptop but sadly the LCD screen is where a lot of costs were cut. That's why I bought a 22" ViewSonic that can rotate to portrait mode. Sometimes I hook it up to my TV to watch movies or game as well. Regardless, the red issue is there on any screen. I guess now that you mention it the DX11 version isn't so much red as it is washed out. With the Room Brightness turned all the way down it still seems very bright, especially compared to the PS4 version. Colors are very washed out and it looks pretty awful. This isn't the screen. As I said, other games and even TPA's menu look just fine (although DX11 TPA menu does seem a little more washed out than DX9, now that I look at it.) If I recalibrated the colors on the monitor it would offset everything else on the computer. I've actually tried to adjust brightness, contrast, color balance, etc, and it doesn't fix the problem. The blacks are not very black and appear pretty crushed. Everything looks... faded yet low-contrast.

MagnumXL

Apr 23, 2013
Windows DX9 version here does that pinkish lighting on my Mac mini running Windows, but the Mac version has no such issue with the same computer/GPU (and seems to run faster/harder gameplay as well), but it's a lot "brighter" looking than the DX9 version on most tables so it's a trade-off. There is no comparison with the DX11 lighting effects, though. So I can choose between pretty and easy tables or the stark daylight look with faster/harder (and therefore better) gameplay on the Mac version. The Mac version can't reassign keyboard keys either, but otherwise the tables look the same visually other than the lighting.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts