Request Release Season Pack 3 Purchase when Pack 20 is available

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
As I understand it now, Season Pack two covers tables 11 to 20.

Android is just testing Pack 18 now, and I was thinking with only two releases away from Pack 20 I don't want to have to do the whole _retroactively refund tables purchased before the second season pass was introduced_ thing.

Is there an intention to prepare the Season Pass 3 Entitlement at the release of Pack 20 so those of us who get in early on Pack 21 Beta Testing don't have to hang out until the Entitlements are provisioned?

I personally will be purchasing SP3 without hesitation. I't a great way to purchase DLC, and conveniently is about the cost of one $50 Google Play Gift Card ;)

Bring on Christmas, I say :D

N

netizen

I was asking the Support Staff about this after placing in the TZ Tournament as I have a shed load of credits piled up now. They had no idea about season three and haven't gotten back to me about the possibility of being able to use credits for anything but essentially gifts at this point until/unless I move to a new, or another, platform.

I agree that offering the subscription sooner than later will go a long way to dispelling many worries and getting rid of the troubles that happened with the season 2 pass.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Total agree. Assuming Season 3 starts with Pack 21 it would be really nice to be able to purchase a Season 3 pack the same day Pack 21 is released. I don't want to have to mess around with getting FS to credit me back again.

Farsight: Take our money please!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Probably the biggest obstacle holding Season 3 back is adding it to the UI. Currently there's no room for the button.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Probably the biggest obstacle holding Season 3 back is adding it to the UI. Currently there's no room for the button.

There's the Season Pass tile on the main page, so perhaps they could make it clear to everyone that *this* is where you purchase the season pass from.

Adding it here would get around the space issues on the table purchase pop-up.

Even mark the new tile with a "New Neuveao Neu" watermark and mention it in the "what's new" dialog that opens at the game start.

They could even have another coin slot on the table carousel that says Season Pass 3.

Yep, plenty of ways to get around the lack of real-estate on the table purchase menus.

N

netizen

Totally, instead of having a season 1, and season 2 tiles there could just be a single season pass tile that took you to a separate sub menu where the individual seasons were displayed. This would free up a fair bit of screen real-estate by merging 2 tiles into 1 and creating a dedicated season s pass menu.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Totally, instead of having a season 1, and season 2 tiles there could just be a single season pass tile that took you to a separate sub menu where the individual seasons were displayed. This would free up a fair bit of screen real-estate by merging 2 tiles into 1 and creating a dedicated season s pass menu.

+1 for suggested implementation, @Mike Reitmeyer / @Ryan Routon / whoever else handles this type of UI stuff.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Good suggestion. The work/time involved in making room for it is the main hurdle (behind the scenes UI coding).

They're also stil working on a whole new UI. Not sure how soon we'll see it though.

Last edited:

Tokyo Rose

Jul 13, 2012
As much as I don't mind generally throwing money at Farsight , I must agree that if there is going to be a money saving plan for future releases , they need to make it seem worth one's while near the beginning of the offer or not even bother. I never signed up , but that was mainly because it was mid-season , and as others have said , I don't want to be chasing others around for refunds , etc . I buy them as they come out , as it it's never a ball-breaker in cash anyway-but I wouldn't want to be emailing for double payment .

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
It would be silly not to. I think the only reason they didn't do it immeditately for SP2 is... well, they probably hadn't thought of it.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
"season passes" button opening another page with "season pass 1, 2, and so on" buttons in not a best idea from poin of view UI architecture and usebility for users. maybe better way is to make "roulette"-like menu for season passes (as current table select menu) in main menu - then you have less clicks to open season pass of your choice.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
"season passes" button opening another page with "season pass 1, 2, and so on" buttons in not a best idea from poin of view UI architecture and usebility for users. maybe better way is to make "roulette"-like menu for season passes (as current table select menu) in main menu - then you have less clicks to open season pass of your choice.

Yeah, that could work as well.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
some select field with square table icons as in FX2 but with season packs tabs can be done too - and this way is convenient for consoles too because of switching between tabs can be done with trigger buttons (and with scroll wheel and mouse cursor on pc)

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
I'll just leave this here...
Fry.jpg

N

netizen

It's the exact same number of touches/clicks either way.
Putting the season pass options on the main table selections, either the carousel or in a grid will, again, take up regular real-estate that isn't needed 11/12 times. A single seperated icon that goes to a specialized purchase page will reduce confusion. Keeping it separate from the table icons will reduce accidental purchases, and complaints. People Are "Stupid" and will just "Duh, what's this?!" touch/click, anything if it's near the game start icons.. especially if it's near the game start icons.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
dont see any problem in purchase buttons near table icons: if you did not purchase some table - you'll can not play it in "full" mode, if you pushed "buy" button - you'll see "buy" menu, which explain things like price and subject of deal clear.
about UI: in case of submenu page it takes some time (little but anyway) to switch to another page and back to main screen which is annoying for users (not my opinion - it is fact). in case with Table Icons grid menu with Seasons Tabs you can have not only switching between seasons without changing page, but you can also select from the same screen such options like configurations, leaderboards, credits, exit and other.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I'll stick with purchasing each pack individually. It's what works. It's the KISS method that I try to run my life by. It seems like between FS and Sony there's bound to be problems with a season pass. And there have been some. I will give up the opportunity for the perk of getting the second pack a week early for just simply buying the packs when they are available. The cost savings is negligible.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I'll stick with purchasing each pack individually. It's what works. It's the KISS method that I try to run my life by. It seems like between FS and Sony there's bound to be problems with a season pass. And there have been some. I will give up the opportunity for the perk of getting the second pack a week early for just simply buying the packs when they are available. The cost savings is negligible.

The cost saving, at least in the UK, is a good 50% - about £33 if memory serves. That alone is enough for me to buy it.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
The cost saving, at least in the UK, is a good 50% - about £33 if memory serves. That alone is enough for me to buy it.

The cost of each pack is $4.99 in the states so for the months that we have two packs released I can skip one Starbucks beverage during the month and make up for the difference.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts