Request Requests for Pinball Arcade: Video Game Pinball Machines!

Pogue-Mahone

Feb 8, 2014
Pinball Arcade is available on many video game platforms, so why not include a few pinball tables that were inspired by video games? Sure, there aren’t a whole lot of pinball machines that were inspired by video games. But the few machines with a video game theme are marvelous in design and pay great homage to the source material. Here are three pinball machines based off of video games that I think would work great for Pinball Arcade. (well two anyways, one might work as a Nintendo exclusive)

Street Fighter II by Gottlieb

Click Here for a Video of the table.

Internet Pinball Database Street Fighter II Gallery

Street Fighter is one of the most popular fighting video games on the market. Since its release in 1987, Street Fighter has seen many sequels on multiple platforms. There have also been comics, cartoons, and feature films released based on the video game. In 1993, Gottlieb released a Pinball Machine based off of Street Fighter II.

This machine includes many elements from the arcade fighter. Sound, characters, and even a few songs from the game made it into the inner circuits of this fantastic table. And yes, Guile’s theme is in there as well. There’s even an inner table with a yellow sports car inspired by the memorable Break the Car mini game between stages. My favorite piece on this particular field is the spinning Chun-Li Target at the top, possibly mimicking her Spinning Bird Kick.
With all of the references to the original game, as well as its popularity within the gaming community, I’m sure the Street Fighter II table will have a welcome home on Pinball Arcade.

Space Invaders by Bally

Click here for a video of the table

Check out the artwork for the Space Invaders Pinball!

The arcade smash hit Space Invaders made its way onto pinball machines in 1980. This table contains the same atmosphere that made the original arcade cabinet so popular. The backing glass is emblazoned with an intimidating alien surrounded by a strobe of flashing lights. The table is expertly decorated with drawings of cyber aliens with sharp claws and deadly fangs. All of the sounds from the original arcade cabinet play through the table’s speakers as if it was an extension of the original.

As an add-on table, this arcade classic would fit in very nicely with Pinball Arcade.

Super Mario Bros. by Gottlieb

Click here for a video of the table

Internet Pinball Database Artwork for Super Mario Bros Table

Yeah, I’m just throwing a hand-full of quarters into the Wishing Fountain with this request. Pinball Arcade is available on all major platforms, but Mario is only available on just one of those platforms. So even if this table was added to the game, it would more than likely be a Wii-U exclusive. I’m not sure the developers would want to anger a majority of their customers with a table only available on one platform. But what if they did?

This is a very beautiful pinball machine. It is very colorful, spirited, and energetic. The artwork gracefully dances across the table. The many sights and sounds from the Super Mario Universe are gracefully displayed with the small size of the table. The voice of Charles Martinet cheerfully reaches out to you every step of the way.

The Super Mario Bros. Pinball Table is purely nostalgic in every way possible. We all know Mario, we all grew up with his games, and we are all just in love with the franchise that Nintendo gave us all those years ago. If this table was made available for Pinball Arcade, even as a Nintendo Exclusive, I’m sure we’d all buy it in a heartbeat.

Well, those are my requests for Pinball Arcade. With the exception of Super Mario Bros, I’m sure that Street Fighter and Space Invaders would work very nicely as a packaged deal. Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed my ramblings.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
They have said that Space Invaders would probably never happen because of the trouble caused by the backglass (Alien movie infringement issues).
You know the issue with Super Mario.
And I don't this the Street Fighter pin was very popular or highly rated.

But hey you never know.

N

netizen

I thought this would be a request thread for Baby-Pac Man, Granny and the Gators; those type of video game/pinball cross over machines.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I thought this would be a request thread for Baby-Pac Man, Granny and the Gators; those type of video game/pinball cross over machines.

I had in mind that it would be for recreations of Space Cadet pinball and other games like that. I could do without the Mario and SF2 games. SF2 was pretty awful. I almost wonder if Capcom realized that it was so bad they created their own pinball division believing they could do it better.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
SF2 is the highest-rated table on the Gottlieb poll that hasn't been released yet. So if FS ever go back to Gottliebs then it has a decent chance, providing the license isn't that expensive (I imagine Capcom as a video game company would be more cooperative).

That said, the art on that table is so awful that Capcom may not be too eager to revive it... brand damaging.

Oh...

We all know Mario, we all grew up with his games

Not me. Sonic for life!

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
^
I grew-up with Pong. That would make an awful table..
Too bad about Space Invaders, I really love this type of tables. The 4-flippers and lay-out reminds me of Hankin's Empire Strikes Back.

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
That Super Mario Bros. game looks awesome! I love the art. (In case you didn't know, Mario actually looked like that at the time.) Too bad it'll never come to TPA.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Joust? You guys forgot Joust!

I had in mind that it would be for recreations of Space Cadet pinball and other games like that. I could do without the Mario and SF2 games. SF2 was pretty awful. I almost wonder if Capcom realized that it was so bad they created their own pinball division believing they could do it better.
Hah, same. A close to real-life simulation of the Pinball Dreams/Fantasies tables would be great. Unfortunately the newer "HD" 3D versions on iOS don't cut it IMO.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Just for the record... Q*bert's Quest, Spy Hunter, Space Invaders, all quite horrible tables.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I like the unusual right outlane of Bally's Mr & Mrs Pac-Man. So, yeah, bring it to the PA, if possible. :)

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
The voice acting in the sf2 pin is truly cringe-worthy. but underneath all that is a fun game that makes you play the entire field.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
The voice acting in the sf2 pin is truly cringe-worthy. but underneath all that is a fun game that makes you play the entire field.

Unless you play the one I played where the flippers are too weak to make the ramp shots, then it turns into an EM...

I like the unusual right outlane of Bally's Mr & Mrs Pac-Man. So, yeah, bring it to the PA, if possible. :)

Quite a few pins do that actually. Can't remember the name of the first one. It was an 80s Bally, though.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Just for the record... Q*bert's Quest, Spy Hunter, Space Invaders, all quite horrible tables.

Yes I quite agree, but I have been only been able to play them virtually. Even if we could get SMB it just flat out stinks. There's also Caveman that's a hybrid pinball/.video game from Gottlieb. Man I miss playing Bezerk and Wixard of Wor!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts