Reset the leader boards?

What should be done with the leaderboards?

• Leave the leaderboards as they are!

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Reset the leaderboards and start fresh.

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Reset the leaderboards every time there's an update.

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Split the leaderboards into individual platforms but leave the scores as is.

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • These are crap ideas! I vote 'other'.

Votes: 6 9.7%

• Total voters

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
From what I see at least FH was reset on iOS. My 213 mio score is gone. I remember a 900 mio score that was on top...

Senor Herer

Sep 30, 2012
As a x360 player only, the only scoreboard that needs resetting is Monster Bash once the multiball bug is patched.

That said, all platforms should have their own leaderboards as it seems clear that there is enough difference between how they play to render the scored incomparable. It's a bit like comparing scores on one real life pin against another, it just doesn't work.

HiTechKoke

Sep 1, 2012
Definitely want to see the scores by platform or just have it so you only see scores from that platform(s) set of devices.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
That's from the bug that switched Black Hole's and Theatre of Magic's leaderboards.

That's funny, because I logged a bug with Farsight officially about a week ago and they said this was not a known issue to them. Did anyone report this formally to Farsight? Is there a thread discussing this?

Check http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/2128-Leaderboards-Black-Hole-and-4-BILLION-scores where I am tracking responses received from Farsight about this issue.

Piccalilli

Oct 13, 2012
The platforms should definitely be seperated. Bugs need to be fixed, and certain boards need to be reset. 16B on Black Hole? Something's definitely wrong there.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
That's funny, because I logged a bug with Farsight officially about a week ago and they said this was not a known issue to them. Did anyone report this formally to Farsight? Is there a thread discussing this?

Check http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/2128-Leaderboards-Black-Hole-and-4-BILLION-scores where I am tracking responses received from Farsight about this issue.
If they aren't aware of the bug then they either: A) Never read these forums since it's been mentioned hundreds of times here; B) Never look at the leaderboards or C) Both A & B

Since we know they read these forums and they've reset other leaderboards in the past...

I find the "we didn't know about it" explanation to be more than a little hard-to-believe.

Tabe

Members online

Members online