[Resolved] Terminator 2: yellow rectangles on playfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruge99

Apr 19, 2013
My search-fu is failing me because this doesn't appear to be reported elsewhere but I want to know if anyone else is seeing several yellow rectangles on the T2 playfield? From the looks of this, I'd have to guess that this is a render issue where the yellow rectangles should be representing lighting effects. Here is some info about my Android hardware:

HTC One 32Gb model
Android 4.4.2
HTC Sense 6.0

Thanks

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
No - just checked looks ok on SGS4 GT-I9505
atequnub.jpg

kruge99

Apr 19, 2013
I have a Google tablet made by Asus, and the yellow rectangles appear there as well.

kruge99

Apr 19, 2013
This is what it looks like on my HTC One and on my Google tablet made by Asus:

b518aac3a80088fc67182d08f39bd2bd.png

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Go into Options, Manage tables, and delete the T2 table. Reboot your device and try the table again.

kruge99

Apr 19, 2013
Thank you for the fast response TomL, that fixed the problem on both my HTC One and on my Google tablet by Asus. My only remaining concern is what caused this in the first place and what steps can I take in the future to avoid this? It must be a bug of some kind since it happened on two completely separate Android hardware devices. Thanks again!

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Thank you for the fast response TomL, that fixed the problem on both my HTC One and on my Google tablet by Asus. My only remaining concern is what caused this in the first place and what steps can I take in the future to avoid this? It must be a bug of some kind since it happened on two completely separate Android hardware devices. Thanks again!

I should have had you try the Update Tables button first. My guess is you had out of date table assets.

Personally, if a table is acting up or if I hadn't played it in a very long time, I'll delete the table data and re-download, just to pick up any updates.

kruge99

Apr 19, 2013
I should have had you try the Update Tables button first. My guess is you had out of date table assets.

Personally, if a table is acting up or if I hadn't played it in a very long time, I'll delete the table data and re-download, just to pick up any updates.

I saw that button, and only tried using it after I deleted the T2 table data, and the report back was that all tables were up to date.

Thanks again.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
This is what it looks like on my HTC One and on my Google tablet made by Asus:

b518aac3a80088fc67182d08f39bd2bd.png
This, to me, looks like corrupted Alpha Pane regions on the playfield. The Alpha pane regions affect where the flasher effects display on the table, and the rectangular zones suggest this is what was missing.

I saw this when Ryan (former Android Dev) enabled High Level of Detail (LoD) on the existing tables and there were a whole stack of areas with missing Alpha Panes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.