RollerCoaster Tycoon

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
You may have heard that RCT1 and RCT2 came onto Steam a month back. I've had RCT1 for a long time, and rebought simply because of added content (and that my CD copy won't work properly on this computer!). That aside, I can't believe I became much better at designing these rides! Here's one:

9C53ADBE25D6A80DF9C1E545BAD98057E0C69876

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Good work!

So apparantly there was also a RCT4 released for mobile platforms. The bad news was that it was a FarmVille ripoff like practically every other iOS sim in existence.

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
Good work!

So apparantly there was also a RCT4 released for mobile platforms. The bad news was that it was a FarmVille ripoff like practically every other iOS sim in existence.

There's also a new PC version coming later this year apparently. Hopefully it's better than the new iOS one, which is awful.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I've never used Steam but I may need to check it out for this. My daughter and I spent a lot of time playing with the first Rollercoaster Tycoon for the PC. I'd design them and then she'd "ride" them and edit them. That was like fifteen years ago. Yikes.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I've never used Steam but I may need to check it out for this. My daughter and I spent a lot of time playing with the first Rollercoaster Tycoon for the PC. I'd design them and then she'd "ride" them and edit them. That was like fifteen years ago. Yikes.
March 31st (April 12th Europe), 1999. I bought it for my little brother (about 10 years old) back then, and it was too complicated for me to do, but he liked it and bought some of the later installments and expansion packs.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Good work!

Mobile version is atrocious. Atari promised that the pc version is supposed to be what fans have been asking for and a full fledged and proper pc game.
All 3 games are available at gog.com as well and sometimes for an unbelievable price.

This series mercilessly slaughtered hours of my life and I was nearly fired once because I forgot to show up for work for 2 days while playing it.

I was quitting anyway and it wasn't much later so I wouldn't have cared bit still.

I love all three games and this series is a testament that a well designed game can be fun 14 years later

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Everytime I click on this thread I think it will be news about the RollerCoaster Tycoon pin. :p
You got me again

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I loaded Rollercoaster Tycoon from my original disc onto my laptop and have been playing around with it. Still fun! What was the game where you could build a rollercoaster and then ride it from a first person perspective? Was this something added to RC 2 or a completely different game?

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I loaded Rollercoaster Tycoon from my original disc onto my laptop and have been playing around with it. Still fun! What was the game where you could build a rollercoaster and then ride it from a first person perspective? Was this something added to RC 2 or a completely different game?

It was the third game, RCT3.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
You were able to do it also on theme park, at least on the pc version.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Yes we know "Sim Theme Park" as "Theme Park World". Only US & Brazil had a different title.
That's the second part. I used to play the original Theme Park on the PC.
I think first person view rides came later, part 2 or 3.
Part 3, "Theme Park Inc" was also known as "SimCoaster" in the US. In Europe & Australia "Theme Park Manager".

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
My daughter and I had to think about it for a long time but we remembered that we played "Coaster" on the PC. It was a DOS game that was really ahead of its time. Wire frame design without any kind of scenery. All the tech went into the rollercoaster. Once you designed it then you could ride it in first person. If the coaster crashed it would show the car going off the rails.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts