Room Brightness - where is it ?

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I am not too worried about not having XP support, but obviously want to run PA in the best way possible. Rather than reconfigure the whole cabinet with Win7 (it's finely tuned in XP ATM), I might add a second boot drive with Win7 if necessary.

Cheers

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
Never. Never ever ever. In fact as of april next year xp is not supported by microsoft at all

You can't say never ever ever, maybe (MAYBE) a bored modder will figure out how to emulate dx11 calls in some nice and efficient way. However this is very unlikely...

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
You can't say never ever ever, maybe (MAYBE) a bored modder will figure out how to emulate dx11 calls in some nice and efficient way. However this is very unlikely...

Except that like windows 98 and windows 2000, the world will move on. I can pretty confidently say never ever ever. Linux has a better chance.

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
Except that like windows 98 and windows 2000, the world will move on. I can pretty confidently say never ever ever. Linux has a better chance.

Lol agreed, Windows 7 is reasonably good but I'm dreading the day that I'm forced to use the new Microsoft memory management they introduced in windows 8...I'll let you in on a secret, it sucks

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Lol agreed, Windows 7 is reasonably good but I'm dreading the day that I'm forced to use the new Microsoft memory management they introduced in windows 8...I'll let you in on a secret, it sucks

Yeah, I'm gonna hold on to Win7 for as long as possible.

Yeah, I think windows 8 is the vista of it's design. They will unleash windows 9 on us and hopefully it will be a step in the right direction. I can see having a "unified" experience, but trying to turn PCs into tablets is kind of a dumb idea. I mean do they not realize how much effort some go though to put keyboard on their mobile devices? Or controllers?

Sometimes I think they are trying to take away what makes a PC special.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Yeah, I think windows 8 is the vista of it's design. They will unleash windows 9 on us and hopefully it will be a step in the right direction. I can see having a "unified" experience, but trying to turn PCs into tablets is kind of a dumb idea. I mean do they not realize how much effort some go though to put keyboard on their mobile devices? Or controllers?

Sometimes I think they are trying to take away what makes a PC special.

What makes PC special is having to fiddle with useless bollocks for hours to get anything working. The only reason it's worth using is it's the only thing currently out there you can actually stuff enough raw power into to play games without relinquishing all control of what you do to the corporation making it. If someone came up with an actual working standardized hardware platform with a non-**** OS like Amiga was (well maybe not the OS part there), I'd chuck it in an instant. And apple doesn't count. They're the hairdressers of computer industry.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
hi fellas, started mucking around with my laptop. it`s a dell xps. its`s hooked up to my 55 inc lg 3d tv.I managed to get something close to room lighting.this is what I did. I have a nividea card. 1. go into nividea to adjust video colour settings and set everthing nividea and then set it to advanced. 2. go to adjust image video settings and set everything to nividea. 3.a
go to adjust desktop settings,this is what I set it to .you adjust to your taste. brightness 100% contrast 100% gamma0.55% digital vibrance 45% hue 0%. then I set post processing in the off position , the rest set to your taste. last of all go to your tv controller. this is what I set it to , picture mode game. backlight 100% . contrast 100%. brightness 10%. sharpness 20%. colour 100%. tint g22. colour temp. c49. one more thing use yellow pinball it shows up good, plain pinball barely seen. it`s a bit of trial and error. I hope this helps !!! :) (colour is spelt this way in aust. I know in the us. it`s spelt color)

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
It's Nvidia and video settings affect video playback, right? :)
Yes, we can play around with our screen settings, but you know it doesn't give us the quality of advanced DX11 lighting...

Speaking of DX11, as you know MS always forces us to upgrade Windows to be able to use the latest direct x version.
DX 11.1 requires Windows 8 (and 11.2 win 8.1). I wish more game developers would use an cross-platform API like OpenGL.
Maybe AMD Mantle will help us someday.

Last edited:

AtomicDragon

Dec 2, 2013
which radeon card would I need to see those DX11 light FX?
An Radeon HD 6870 (A 1 gig version should cost under $200) or HD 6850 (i gig version under $160) should do the trick. Best to have the second # be and 8 or a nine. I find the cheaper cards like the HD 6570 can take a big hit on performance.

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
hi fellas, started mucking around with my laptop. it`s a dell xps. its`s hooked up to my 55 inc lg 3d tv.I managed to get something close to room lighting.this is what I did. I have a nividea card. 1. go into nividea to adjust video colour settings and set everthing nividea and then set it to advanced. 2. go to adjust image video settings and set everything to nividea. 3.a
go to adjust desktop settings,this is what I set it to .you adjust to your taste. brightness 100% contrast 100% gamma0.55% digital vibrance 45% hue 0%. then I set post processing in the off position , the rest set to your taste. last of all go to your tv controller. this is what I set it to , picture mode game. backlight 100% . contrast 100%. brightness 10%. sharpness 20%. colour 100%. tint g22. colour temp. c49. one more thing use yellow pinball it shows up good, plain pinball barely seen. it`s a bit of trial and error. I hope this helps !!! :) (colour is spelt this way in aust. I know in the us. it`s spelt color)

The point of adjusting the lighting is to make the background a bit darker, like in a dark room, but keep the lights bright. It makes the table feel more explosive. You fix pretty much just makes everything darker.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.