Round 1: Vote on Your Questions for Bobby King (Pick 3)

Please PICK THREE Questions

• Will operator's menu or tournament mode settings ever be implemented into every table in TPA?

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • Are any early Bally SS tables or Gottlieb ROM emulation coming soon?

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Any progress on multiplayer? Would you consider a turn-based multi-player mode with voice chat?

• If the TZ Kickstarter is effective, will this be the way future licenses are paid for?

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • PC version support Cabinet view, multiple screens, and/or real DMDs right off the bat? Does FS have

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Will will ever be able to vote for table releases, and if so when?

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Have you spoken to Jack or made any approaches to JJP re. WOZ?

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Vita: will we be able to flip the screen and use the X and Triangle button for flipper controls?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When will the bounciness and other physics inaccuracies be corrected?

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Any chance we will get any fairly new Stern machines?

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Plans for mobile lighting? Any chance of "day" and "night" modes?

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Please tell me more about the Pinball Arcade Supporters Tournament. How will it work? Prizes? etc.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Will the wooden floor background ever come to mobile, or other background options for all versions

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Any Steve Ritchie games coming in the next few months? Anything aside from those in PHOF?

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Would you ever consider asking for original sound files in an effort to improve sound quality?

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Would you consider creating a customizable arcade room? As unlockables or DLC?

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • What do you do with the pins you have once the table has been released in TPA?

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • How long does it take to develop a single table? What are the steps from beginning to end?

• Will we see support for Extra Ball Buy In, for games that support it?

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • How many pinball machines are currently at your office? How many do you have room for?

• Total voters

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I was really surprised when I saw it included as one of the questions. Obviously real tables behave differently depending on table tilt, state of the playfield, rubbers, etc but I find TPA to be pretty spot on bounce wise.

The bounce, or lack there of, in Zen (FX2) is laughable.

The problem is the ball seems to lack weight. Perhaps that's a better way of phrasing it. It accelerates too easily and maybe is a bit too fast overall, and it makes certain techniques like the flip trap almost impossible. The only real table Zen's physics would work well with is if you were recreating Hercules (which used a Cue Ball in place of a standard pinball). Seems like a Goldilocks and the Three Bears situation: the current TPA build has too light a ball, Zen's is too heavy, so they should try to find a build that is just right.

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
One question for Bobby that I didn't get to suggest is: Does the Pinball arcade plan to continue releasing tables on to the next generation of consoles, and how much delay would there be if they have to be fully re-optimized.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The poll is now closed and the questions will be submitted to Bobby soon. Thanks to everyone for participating, and I look forward to seeing more of your great questions in Round 2.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The questions have been sent in, and I included a fun bonus question as well. Here they are:

1.) Will operator's menu or tournament mode settings ever be implemented into every table? Maybe these settings could be something we could unlock for completing table goals?

2.) Can you please give us an update on the PC version? Will the PC version support Cabinet view, multiple screens, and/or real DMDs right off the bat? Do you guys have a virtual pinball cabinet in your office yet?

3.) Will will ever be able to vote for table releases, and if so when?

4.) Any chance we will get any fairly new Stern machines? Could you give us a hint in regards to a certain table you might have in store for us?

BONUS QUESTION: What is your favorite table of all time and why?

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
Lookin good! I do not know why, but I have no interest in the operators mode ... probably because making changes in this mode would mean your scores do not count on the leaderboards.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Lookin good! I do not know why, but I have no interest in the operators mode ... probably because making changes in this mode would mean your scores do not count on the leaderboards.

Me neither and don't understand why so many want it.

Dodd

Apr 23, 2012
I enjoy using the operators menu on visual pinball. It can make some tables that seem harder for just an average user much more easier and fun to play. My favorite tables on Visual Pinball are Bram Stokers Dracula and Star Trek TNG. I have noticed since have been getting much better at these tables that I put most of the settings back to default.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I mainly want to see them becuase I like the option of setting difficulty if the game is too easy, but in most cases in arcade compilations and arcade ports like the ones from Cave, I usually use the defaults. A lot of times, the difficulty settings make very little difference.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
I enjoy using the operators menu on visual pinball. It can make some tables that seem harder for just an average user much more easier and fun to play. My favorite tables on Visual Pinball are Bram Stokers Dracula and Star Trek TNG. I have noticed since have been getting much better at these tables that I put most of the settings back to default.
On ST:TNG I almost always set the left outlane kickback to be a little more generous. I think the ballsaver might be switched off on factory settings too. I hope that buy-in support is added for ST:TNG (assuming it happens someday) , or at least a 5-ball setting, as the difficulty of that game is very much built around more than the standard 3-balls. I'm pretty sure someone on here has already mentioned that all those replays we win for high scores could be used as buy-in credits on games hat support it.

On Black Knight I have to set the multiball to "Hard" (you have to make the multiplier loop on the lower playfield to activate the locks on the upper) else multiball is far too easy to get... which is the whole point of Black Knight. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.