Round 3 Audio Interview: Post Your Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Could you please tell us a time frame for getting the promised Android features caught up to those already implemented in ios?
(native controller support - nudge up & diagonals - nudge schemes - visible touch zone toggle - Google Play framework integration/cloud save - or save file in a non-root access location.)

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
When will you make Stern Electronics' "Stars"? : )

Will it be easy for you to update tables in the PS4 version?

Can you please make sure there's no "flipper lag" in the PS4 version?

PS4 tables won't get stuck with the funky orangey pink lighting scheme some of the PS3 tables--most recently Whitewater--have, will they?

Will the PS4 version support more than one controller at a time?

Will the PS4 version still have that weird physics problem where pulling back the plunger before the ball settles results in a plunge that goes nowhere?

Will the PS4 version have a weird blurry lighting effect in 1080p like the PS3 version? : p

Um and how about Jack*Bot? : D

Ooh and how's ball spin coming along?

Any plans to model the different characteristics of flippers from different brands and eras? Ie varying power levels, a hum when holding them up, having some of them "give" a little when hit, etc. The flippers we have in the tables so far pretty much all feel about the same, even the shorter flippers in Central Park. It would be neat if you could capture a bit more of the difference in feel. : )

Will we ever be able to perform live catches in TPA? : D

Any chance of a more realistic difficulty level? I'm no pinball wiz in real life, but I'm put off playing certain tables in TPA because I know I could be stuck for close to half an hour trying to finish a single game. I'd love it if the digital tables could better prepare me for the challenge of the real deal!

Do you have a better way of increasing difficulty than random bizarre lane kickouts? : o

Last edited:

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013
1) Is the ps4 your new main/first platform to develop tables on, or are they going to be ported from another os? (The way ps3 tables are ported from xbox360?)

2) Are all previously released tables getting completely redone for ps4? (lighting, artwork, physics, BUGS!)

3) How much longer will the ps3 version get new tables? Is it done after season 2?

4) If the ps3 version is slated to receive season 3 tables, will you make a tpa version 2 (like zp2) with the tables being a part of the main game so that you can update & or fix any future or existing dlc tables without sony's silly dlc update restrictions? Willl there be this issue with ps4?

5) +1 on post 41 from Baron Rubik about android being caught up to iOS on implementing features.

6) Whats the real deal with the blurry textures on Android? Its not limited to the Samsung Galaxy series, i have same issue with my htc evo 4g lte (which can run the high texture setting) and is now being reported on kindle fire hd as well. Is Android ported from iOS and is this a by-product of said port, similar to how ps3 loses a bit of its look/polish when ported from xb360?

7) Can we get some changelogs for both ps3 & Android? Seems like theres always a laundry list for iOS updates, and pretty much nothing at all for droid or ps3.

Last edited:

heberts811

Feb 26, 2012
Will you ever fix it so that games that accumulate Jackpots from game to game (Taxi,BOP etc) save it in TPA through multiple sessions.

Gary

Last edited:
N

netizen

Will you ever fix it so that games that accumulate Jackpot from game to game (Taxi,BOP etc) do it in TPA?

They already do this, so long as you don't exit out and re-start or for as long as you are playing a continuous game. Once you quit to the table selection menu the ROM is reset to a known state. Only tables with a pro Mode will retain these values.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Will you ever fix it so that games that accumulate Jackpots from game to game (Taxi,BOP etc) save it in TPA through multiple sessions.

Gary

They have to reset the emulated ROM to a known stable state or the ROM will eventually get unstable and weird things can happen. The pro menu allows this because it doesn't allow posting of scores to the leaderboards so if you get the ROM in a state where it is granting a billion points every time you hit a jet bumper, it won't matter.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
They have to reset the emulated ROM to a known stable state or the ROM will eventually get unstable and weird things can happen. The pro menu allows this because it doesn't allow posting of scores to the leaderboards so if you get the ROM in a state where it is granting a billion points every time you hit a jet bumper, it won't matter.
This being said, I've put about 300 games on TZ Pro without resetting the ROM, and I have not noticed any anomalous behavior besides the occasional blockage at the entrance to the gumball machine.

K

Korven

This being said, I've put about 300 games on TZ Pro without resetting the ROM, and I have not noticed any anomalous behavior besides the occasional blockage at the entrance to the gumball machine.

You never had a ball lost in multiball that breaks the game?

K

Korven

Not that I recall. I had camera issues once or twice before the event camera off setting was available, but that's about it.

Maybe android is more affected? Stopped playing TZ after getting the bug last time (on ball one & 100M from a new PB) :mad:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Could you please tell us a time frame for getting the promised Android features caught up to those already implemented in ios?
(native controller support - nudge up & diagonals - nudge schemes - visible touch zone toggle - Google Play framework integration/cloud save - or save file in a non-root access location.)

+1.

Those of us who support the Android version know the constraints Ryan is under with cross-platform development.

Having said that, we are feeling a little marginalised.

I'm hoping by the time the next episode airs, Android supporters will be feeling the love again.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Higher resolution option for Android on it's way for higher end / more powerful devices?

Ryan already confirmed in a recent Android thread that hardware would need to *significantly* improve to allow the frame rate to be locked at 60 fps so physics engine limitations could be overcome. Emulating the tables is costly (performance-wise) on Android.

Read the related thread for more details.

Last edited:

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Will TPA on the PC allow us to load directly to a specific table on startup through command line options?

This would be crucial for supporting front-ends on pincabs.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Feature Suggestion: Replay Save/Share, Behind Ball Cam, Free Roaming Cam, Customized Camera Angles

1) Replay Save is a feature that many fighting, racing, and STG (2d shooters, "Shmups") use. Being able to save and then rewatch our own gameplay would be pretty cool.

2) Behind Ball Cam: Not very practical for gameplay, but would be awesome for replays.

3) Customized Camera Angles: ties the first two together. Allow us to say, 'edit' our own replays so that you can set cool camera angles, shift to the behind the ball cam, shift to a regular camera. Think of the replays in say, Gran Turismo or Forza: how the camera changes different angles to create a very cool little production. This is different from custom camera angles for general play, which many have already suggested (and you even brought up last interview). The custom camera angles I'm talking about here are specifically for replays, and would allow you to literally set the camera anywhere, even at very odd angles or very close to the playfield angles.

4) Book keeping. General book keeping, that tracks the amount of time we have played a particular table, or the entire game. Mine would already be in the hundreds if not thousands of hours (as I'm sure many players here also can attest to). It's never too late, I feel, for a cool feature like this. A simple way to do this too would be to just have "pro" menus save data for those of us that buy it.

5) Enhanced table exploration. Literally allow us to view the table from the 'inside'. Not sure how to describe this... basically like if you were in a first person mode, walking through the table like it was a stage in an FPS, but allow you to go anywhere and 'fly' or what have you. This would be a console only feature as I don't think it'd be possible to do with touch controls on mobile devices.

I almost didn't want to suggest these features, because while I feel would be an awesome addition, it's not important as what I've suggested in my previous post, so I won't be hurt if you don't include these. Bug fixes, lighting, new sounds, and user set playing camera come first!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts