Round 3: Vote on Your Questions for Bobby King (Pick 5)

Please PICK FIVE Questions

• When will we be able to play our own music in the background on each device?

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Any plans to add ambient arcade noises? (other machines playing in the background, etc.)

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Plans for a single-player tournament mode (no extra balls, seperate leaderboard, etc.)

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • How long is the total process of producing a table? Can you walk us through the phases?

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • How do obvious bugs like the flipper gap on MM make it through? When will this be fixed?

Votes: 42 39.3%
  • Vita: portrait mode with stick nudging?

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Will TZ be in a standard 2 pack or will it be sold separately?

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • What's the status on 2p simultaneous mode?

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • When will the online Tournament and Challenge function be added?

Votes: 32 29.9%
  • Status of older SS emulation? Will these current tables such as BH be updated with emulatiion?

Votes: 28 26.2%
  • Will FS be attending PAPA this year?

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Any news on an updated fix for the sensitivity of the plunger control for skill shots?

Votes: 19 17.8%
  • How is the sound endcoded? Can the mechanical sounds be mixed in stereo?

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • How do you decide what to set as standard and wizard goals?

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • Is it possible to produce a table without a specific ancillary license? (Whited out face)

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • Any information on the PC and its release date?

Votes: 36 33.6%
  • Would you consider adding extra wizard goals to keep the old tables interesting later on?

• Option to purchase tables individually on consoles, or get a bulk discount on mobile?

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Why didn't you wait till the older SS tables were fully emulated before release?

• Would you ever comission a new table design from a classic designer exclusively for TPA??

Votes: 36 33.6%
  • Would you consider the tables in TPA to be easier than their real life counterparts?

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • Will we ever be able to record and upload gameplay videos?

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • How many employees are allocated to each department? (PR, Xbox, etc.)

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • Have you ever considered recreating slot machines?

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Would you consider releasing tables every other month to make console submission easier?

• Would you consider creating a customizable arcade room? As unlockables or DLC?

Votes: 14 13.1%
  • Any plans to improve nudging on touchscreen devices?

Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Potrait mode on consoles?

Votes: 14 13.1%
  • Options to adjust physical options on the tables, such as the outlane posts, playfield pitch, etc.?

Votes: 26 24.3%
  • When do you plan to redesign the menus?

Votes: 20 18.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Three wasted questions are going to win: 1. As said earlier, they have a video detailing the process. The time it takes can be calculated by looking at when they acquired the TZ license, and when the finished table is expected to be released. You don't need to waste a question to figure that out.
2. When FS has made significant progress, or established a date on the PC version, they will let you know.

I would love if someone who voted for either of those questions could explain their logic behind picking either of those questions. I agree they are a total waste.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Those were the 3 questions that went out the door as soon as I read 'em.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I think the 3rd one is rather intriguing but on the other hand, I kind of recall that Farsight has already previously said they would not be doing that and the focus is recreating classic tables; that the development of new designs is best left to the physical manufacturers and Zen for the digital tables.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
With the best will in the world, I don't think FS could afford to get a classic design team to create a table from scratch up to the standard a Stern or Williams table. The man hours spent getting those tables to such a high level must have been phenomenal.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
With the best will in the world, I don't think FS could afford to get a classic design team to create a table from scratch up to the standard a Stern or Williams table. The man hours spent getting those tables to such a high level must have been phenomenal.

I would be shocked if J-Pop wouldn't do it.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Three wasted questions are going to win: 1. As said earlier, they have a video detailing the process. The time it takes can be calculated by looking at when they acquired the TZ license, and when the finished table is expected to be released. You don't need to waste a question to figure that out.
2. When FS has made significant progress, or established a date on the PC version, they will let you know.
3. With so many existing tables yet to be done, why do so many want to see original tables made? It's number 1 by a comfortable margin.

I would love if someone who voted for either of those questions could explain their logic behind picking either of those questions. I agree they are a total waste.

I don't think the PC question is waste because last time we asked a PC question was the last time we got new PC info, so this seems to be about the only method that works for obtaining any new PC updates. The PC version was originally supposed to already be out by now, and a lot of people are dying for even just a morsel of info, which is understandable since it's such a great and flexible platform for pinball.....now, if we were to ask this question, and then they released some new PC info before Bobby had time to answer, then yes, it would be a waste....but let's try to look on the bright side here.

I don't think the building process question has to automatically be a total waste either. As I've said before, we can tweak any of these questions to make them more detailed before we submit them to Bobby.....so we can expand this question in a way that might yield some new inside details (so let me know if you think of anything specific), and I don't think Bobby will let us down in terms of throwing us some nuggets that weren't covered in the videos.

And don't forget, any of the winning questions can and will be expanded before submission to Bobby (what's up on the poll now is just a rough draft question in a nutshell format due to the space limitations of the poll), so let me know if you have any ideas. This is a true team effort....and ultimately it's up to you, the voters, to nominate and decide on the questions.

Agreed. I bet he would too.

Last edited:

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Quite possibly... but that would also require the services of a programmer, an artist and an audio guy at the very least. It would be fascinating to see how a designer like that grapples with designing a game entirely by computer rather than building whitewoods.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The voting is slowing down, so if anyone has anything specific that they would like added to the questions before they're submitted, now's the time to speak up.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The poll will be closing today, so if there are any last minute voters out there, better get them in!

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
I voted for the question regarding PC info because it's my #1 area of interest regarding TPA right now. I don't own TPA yet because I'm waiting for the PC release, which I hope will greatly simplify the DLC process by doing away with certification, and have the longest staying power of all the platforms involved. I was actually really disappointed in the Steam summer sale that just passed because there wasn't really much in the way of pinball there, on sale or otherwise. Can't wait to get TPA on there and happily purchase at full price to support Farsight's efforts.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The poll is now closed. The questions will be submitted to Bobby soon. Thanks for voting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.