Safest way to get to bottom flippers after starting a continent?

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
I'm takin' a page from your playbook. Tighter gameplay. One simple move does many things. Conquers Asia & Australia. Lights the Ripoffs. Penguin jackpots become frequent. (This is helpful when you collect the PJ during a continent as it adds to your continent score which furthers your end of tour bonus. Every little bit helps.) And then there is the fact that the ball returns to the flipper I want. No fuss. (Mind the ever so small nudge at the end of the move)

lazmama

Feb 21, 2012
Success! My game is really coming together now. My high score is now just short of 2 Billion (XBox). Thanks for everyone's replies. I played around with the different methods and settled on shutyertrap's suggestion. It's a thing a beauty and doesn't require any nudging.

Hold the upper flipper in the 'flipped' position. The ball will do one of 2 bounces usually...the first it will hit the left slingshot, barely, and bounce off the tip of your now raised left flipper (I think that's what I do at least!) which will pass it over to the right. The other typical bounce will have it it the BOZO area and find its way to your right flipper.

The cellar door is the one that has literally only 2 variations to an outcome it seems. You can either do nothing with the left flipper and dead pass to the right, or you can raise your left flipper where one of 2 things will happen. The first is that you'll catch the ball without it activating the left slingshot. The second is that it will hit the slingshot, BUT DON'T DO ANYTHING!! The ball will do I think 2 bounces and then go back into the cellar! Now you're back to the start!

So, interestingly, I have the exact same approach when it comes to the exit from the vari-target and the cellar door. Both flippers up, and wait for the ball to stop bouncing around. I have yet to lose a ball from this approach - very reliable. I had a friend record a bit of my playing to demonstrate (Sorry for the weird angle and lack of DMD). Not the cleanest playing in the world, but you can get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kXsiq6KKnc

And I gotta say, the 2 things that totally opened this table up for me was learning how to backhand the right flipper to the right ramp, and nailing that center ramp with the left flipper at will. That right ramp, nailing it while a continent is activated allows you to hit the vari target and start yet another continent. Europe is always a pain in the but for me, but one of the mutliball modes usually lights right after it, making it so much easier to complete. Hitting the right ramp also triggers the temple light on the center ramp. From a caught ball in the left flipper, hitting that shot will almost always result in the right column of jewels being collected, which activates 2x scoring. SOOOO important to get the 2x going before collecting the 7 continent reward.

Yes! Completely agree with this.

Also, a shout-out to Advalle: I have cut WAY back on my penguin loops thanks to you. I don't have the consistent flipper control that Squid has. Often, I was flipping too early sending my ball to the Super Jackpot (and therefore, the bumpers) or worse, flipping way too late and sending it straight to an outlane. My gameplay has tightened up considerably and it is because of your influence. Still can't resist Asia - but at all other times I try to stay focused on touring quickly, making sure to set off the 2X Scoring before collecting the Continent Bonuses. That's where the money is - Atlantis is small change, comparatively.

Love the gameplay on this table. So satisfying, so addictive.

Last edited:

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
At around 2 Billion now? That s what happens when people do their HOmework. Congrats on the succes

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Played a real RBION last night in league. Got 6.6 million. Was pretty happy about it. No worries about two-hour-long games, either.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Played a real RBION last night in league. Got 6.6 million. Was pretty happy about it. No worries about two-hour-long games, either.

Wow.

What I wouldn't do for that difficulty setting in TPA. I'm growing weary of these marathon sessions, which is why I haven't been playing TZ much.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.