San Francisco Pinball Department

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
If you're in or near SF, the SFPD is starting its second season tomorrow night (wednesday).

http://www.sfpins.org/1.html

It's at Free Gold Watch (1767 Waller). 20 pins, lots of fun.

$20 for the season plus coin drop (most games are $0.50).

Hope to see some of you there!

Vyrastas

Mar 26, 2013
I was wondering if there was a group in the Bay Area that played pinball. I'll have to do this next season, only just got into real machines... need to practice a bit first and visit Free Gold Watch.

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
I was wondering if there was a group in the Bay Area that played pinball. I'll have to do this next season, only just got into real machines... need to practice a bit first and visit Free Gold Watch.

Don't wait... There are plenty of novices in the league, and the more experienced guys are actually great to play against. They are always willing to help out with the rules. I was playing against Andrei Massenkoff who is one of the top players in the world and he was giving me tips on what to do. I almost beat him once!

Vyrastas

Mar 26, 2013
Don't wait... There are plenty of novices in the league, and the more experienced guys are actually great to play against. They are always willing to help out with the rules. I was playing against Andrei Massenkoff who is one of the top players in the world and he was giving me tips on what to do. I almost beat him once!

Sadly I can't make today's. Can you still get into the season if you miss a night or two? I could start with the 31st.

Also, how long does each night last?

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
Sadly I can't make today's. Can you still get into the season if you miss a night or two? I could start with the 31st.

Also, how long does each night last?
You can miss one night. There are 8 sessions and they take your top 7 to create your season score. I missed one last season when they weren't throwing out one score and I still finished in the middle of the pack.

Depending on the number of people who show up and how many machines are in use it can last from 1-2 hours.

Vyrastas

Mar 26, 2013
You can miss one night. There are 8 sessions and they take your top 7 to create your season score. I missed one last season when they weren't throwing out one score and I still finished in the middle of the pack.

Depending on the number of people who show up and how many machines are in use it can last from 1-2 hours.

Awesome. I'll be there on the 31st then, looking forward to it.

jcasetnl

Jul 29, 2013
There are actually four leagues in the SF Bay Area, and soon to be five. The fifth is a womens only league starting up in mid-september. Also, due to demand, the guy who runs the Capitol Corridor League, based out of Vacaville, is considering a second league in Sacramento.

I list them all on my site with links to the league home pages: pinballbayarea.com. Click on Where to Play in the menu.

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
I was slightly off on my numbers: there are 10 sessions this season and they are taking the top 8, so you can miss two.

Vyrastas

Mar 26, 2013
I ended up going to the BAPA one since they are closer to where I live (I'm in the South Bay). I'm still a newbie exploring real pinball, so I totally suck compared to the video game version, but it's fun to watch others and learn.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts