Scared Stiff And Party Monsters Coming To TPA

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I watched her film purely because of the Bally promo video. I wasn't dissapointed but I don't think my girlfriend appreciated it as much as me :D

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Never heard of her before, but man, that´s a cool lady! I really love the way she´s drawn on both tables.

And both machines look like a ton of fun. At first glance I thought that Party Monsters was actually the newer one (judging from pics, not videos, the sound would have obviously been a big hint), with the neon outlines around the inserts reminding me a lot the of AFM design.

I love goofy monster themes, so yeah, good news! I think it´s really cool to have a late-80s System 11 and mid-90s DMD machine with a similar theme on TPA.

Elvira was a syndicated television hostess on American TV in the late 80's , Her show was Elvira's Movie Macabre . she was in the tradition of Vampira ( TV horror movie hostess of the '50's ) , and Seymour (TV horror host of the '70's ) , she would show Bad horror movies and classic horror films while on a set decorated in haunted house chic. Her trademark wit , and often references to her own revealing costume made her a favorite in american pop culture . After the show ended she did a Elvira movie, Mistress of the Dark in 1988 . She was also doing a amausement park live stage show every October in Knotts Berry Farm California . Frequently she was guest of honor at Horror and Sci Fi Conventions , She also can be seen as a extra (playing a actress in a horror movie) in Cheech and Chong's Next Movie

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Will they pair them together, or split them up into separate DLC's? If they split them, is it fair to assume Party Monsters comes first as it is the older pin? Will one be the other half of the Gofer DLC? How great is this?
Obviously, they are going to split them up, since Gofers is already confirmed as the second half of the next pack. May guess is that they will release the older one (PM) first, since SS is an evolution of PM, and would make more sense to release the earlier one first. Myself, I'd like to see SS first because I want to play it right now!

The Wolfman

Jul 2, 2012
I just see this great news! Oh man, that makes me so happy! :) I LOVE the Party Monsters!!! Thank you so much Farsight! :cool:

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
So is this going to be the release schedule?

September - Party Monsters & No Good Gophers
October - Scared Stiff & ?
November - Twilight Zone & ?
December - Star Trek TNG & ?

Could be.....

September - No Good Gophers & Attack From Mars
October - Party Monsters & Haunted House
November - Firepower & Twilight Zone
December - Pin*Bot & Scared Stiff
January - Space Shuttle & STTNG
February - Whirlwind & Dr Dude

That then would tie up all the PHOFTWC tables????

stevesabol

Apr 13, 2012
Farsight didn't announce any sort of imminent availability, right? They just announced that they signed a license.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
Could be.....

Did I miss something about Haunted House or is that just wishful thinking?

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Could be.....

Minus Sorceror and Jive Time. I'd like to see Sorceror released bit not any EMs.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Just listened to this... So there might be a new Elvira table coming from Jersey Jack Pinball? How awesome would that be!
I'm not sure that's going to happen anymore. Stern just announced they got Greg Freres away from JJP, and he was the artist for Scared Stiff.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
My only real experience with Elvira pinball was on the Atari Lynx. Pinball Jam had EATPM & Police Force on the same cartridge. When people say their phone screen is too small to play pinball I just smile & think of my Lynx :D

FurVid

Feb 20, 2012
Yeah, I expect that must've been the first simulation of a real table on a portable device, and it might be the only one I played before TPA. Can't think of any others, which is amazing since it was a 20 year gap. Still have it around here someplace - awesome system. I do remember that Elvira was much more fun than Police Force.

Members online

Members online