Screwed up tables with the new update?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Sorry to hear about these problems, I don't have a vita but reading this just confirms what I thought right from the begining, that is FS have taken on way too much trying to support all these formats at once basically from launch give or take a few months. Every release on every format, new tables, new patches has been a comedy of errors so far.

Dodd

Apr 23, 2012
Well TOM is screwed up on the looks and probably all the other original tables but Medieval Madness and Bride of Pinbot look and play good. I have noticed am much better at the new tables on the Vita than the iPhone and iPad because can nudge much better using the left analog stick. On my first game of Bride Of Pinbot made it to the Billionares club and my first game of Medieval Madness almost beat my high score on IOS.

Pinball Arcade

FarSight Employee
Jun 11, 2012
Hello everybody. We have been made aware of this issue and are working on a patch for it. This was not noticed on the devices we have access to at the office

djwille

Apr 2, 2012
Yes drassigheid THE for the respons. I'm happy to hear from farsight! I know they do everything for us so we can enjoy THE beautifull pinballmachines.

Keep up the good stuff farsight.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
The pinbot minitable on bop is not transparent and the other tables just look ugly now. No trophies and screwing up the other tables is really disappointing. I will not be buying any more DLC until people report actual quality.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I love the new Tables and I love the quick response we got from you guys at Farsight. You Guys are the best, and can't wait for more tables to come out. I hope you guys go on for many, many, many, and many years too come because if you don't we'll never see pinball again ever, at least the old ones and some new ones. Thanks again Farsight.

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
The pinbot minitable on bop is not transparent and the other tables just look ugly now. No trophies and screwing up the other tables is really disappointing. I will not be buying any more DLC until people report actual quality.

and on top of being delayed for weeks too... what a joke.

Pericles

May 30, 2012
and on top of being delayed for weeks too... what a joke.
Your anger is palpable, but it doesn't help matters any. Software development is more complicated and arcane as one could imagine, especially when dealing with so many platforms, each with their own deadlines. On top of this, Farsight is dealing with software emulation which is pretty amazing to me. You don't have to give them a break and you can heap flame upon flame on top of their geeky heads -- but I can asure you that the issues created by the update has created much tension and a great gnashing of teeth at Farsight because I believe they want to put out a great product.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I think that this latest update shows that the current process they have in place is not working. I am thankful that they quickly said they would address the issue but for me that is not enough. They need to have some way of promising that this kind of thing will not happen again. It would be nice if the more dedicated members of the community could help with beta testing. However I just don't understand how the major cosmetic issues like the opaque mini playfield on BoP or the flippers on MM manage to slip through into the official release. Also, does anyone else find MM hard to play with what looks like a slower framerate than the other tables?

Peter NYC

Apr 17, 2012
IMHO, the Vita versions of all the tables play better than the PS3 versions (lag) and the iOS versions (no physical controls / tilt issues). I really enjoy MM so much more on the Vita than on the iPad 3.

Pericles

May 30, 2012
I think that this latest update shows that the current process they have in place is not working. I am thankful that they quickly said they would address the issue but for me that is not enough. They need to have some way of promising that this kind of thing will not happen again. It would be nice if the more dedicated members of the community could help with beta testing. However I just don't understand how the major cosmetic issues like the opaque mini playfield on BoP or the flippers on MM manage to slip through into the official release. Also, does anyone else find MM hard to play with what looks like a slower framerate than the other tables?

I certainly can't argue with your criticism of their current process but I think they might have to look at fixes within the limits of time windows, so we have to wait. BTW, have you peeps noticed that PSN has been down in a big way today?

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
I create user made level sets for the Modern Brick Breaking game Ricochet Infinity for the PC. I have never had any programming schooling at all but learned how to use the editor of the game to create levels for the game. In order to create dynamic levels, with switches causing events to occur, like making bricks appear or disappear, move, or change from one form of brick to another, you need to know some basic programming skills. I learned some basic programming have made over 7 sets for the game, each containing at least 10 levels ... my first 5 sets had no programming in them at all.

I do not have great knowledge in programming but I know just how tricky it can be! Here is an example ...
In the program, there are options to make a brick appear or vanish / fade or materialize according to a set amount of time. I learned how to make a brick transparent by playing a trick on the program ... I tell a brick to fade within 5 seconds and then I tell it to wait for a next command at 4 seconds .... it stops fading and is waiting for its next command that never comes, in essence, it is transparent, and you can see anything behind it ....

I am the only one who as mastered this trick ... I know how unstable it is ... when I do collaborations with other creators and they send my level back after they made some changes .... the bricks are never transparent anymore. They may have pasted a blanket command over my bricks telling them to be a different color .... they got their desired effect but in the process, they lost mine ... sometimes there are patches of bricks with some of them transparent and some of them not .... put a blanket command on that patch and goodbye transparency ....

What I am saying is that one last minute very simple change with innocent intentions, such as, let me make the red a little more redder over here .... may result in destroying all of the rest of the programming on something ... and because you think you are just changing a color, you think little of what action you just took ...

You do not know how many times I thought everything was perfect and hit the submit button .... once submitted, There was no way I could change the mistakes I made and did not realize I made them until after I submitted a set.

From my perspective, I am more AMAZED with how much FarSight gets right, rather then the little things they get wrong.

Look for my creations and mistakes in the Game Ricochet Infinity for PC under the creator name RETRO BLAST

Anyone who has the game, check out my sets, but I warn you, you may want to start with RETRO BLAST 6 or 7 or some of my collaborations because my first 5 sets are real old school, hard core, without programming, and unforgiving .... just don't crucify me for the little mistakes I made along the way.

Last edited:

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I have the same complaint - the framerate on this table is just too low. :( I hope they find a way to speed it up to make it playable.

I am glad that I am not the only one seeing this. Every other table plays smooth, but on MM it seems to have a very tiny jitter at times most noticeably when the ball is around the flippers.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Yes, between the screwed up flippers and the refresh weirdness I'm not going to play this table at all until it is fixed. The only playable ones right now are Pinbot, Black Hole and Ripleys.

I'm guessing there's no update from Farsight on when the Vita version might be fixed? Probably not until July 3rd when the next DLC is supposed to hit. Bummer.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
But the July 3rd DLC was submitted for approval quite a long time ago so probably not on that one.

ridetheferriswheel

Jun 13, 2012
Pinball Arcade Facebook Page said:
As announced previously, Table Packs 1 and 2 will be released for the Vita in North America on June 26th. Today Sony granted our petition to move the release date for Table Pack 2 on PlayStation3 up to match that of the Vita, so it will also be available on June 26th (instead of July 3rd). So let the record reflect that sometimes we're early instead of late

Unfortunately no mention of when we'll be seeing fixes for the problems introduced in patch 1.01.

Unless I'm mistaken, it is unlikely that any fixes will be included in the table packs. We are waiting for an unannounced patch at the moment.

Personally, I can't purchase any of the DLC tables until the issues with the base game are addressed.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.