Season 2 PS4 Bundle

dingo99

Apr 16, 2014
I thought Sony said indie games get 2 week review times tops, since they're not doing a full review like regular games. Also means no expensive review fees (unlike PS3).
Waived fees and quick turnaround might apply to bugfix patches, but FarSight has never shown any interest in delivering those for the PS4. Season 2 is a major content/DLC update, so it surely would need to go through a thorough review process.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I will die laughing in disgust if after all this extra time the Xone version has the same glitches and sound issues the PS4 version has.
If it doesn't then I will wish that I had never bought the poorly programmed PS4 version.

Neither of these is a good scenario for anyone who wishes to upgrade to the next-gen systems, or anyone who already has.

Worse still would be choosing to go with the XB One version (and thus support their stiff-arming strategy), only to go through the same situation that plagued the 360 version. If recent history is any indication........

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I remember them specifically saying when the PS4 came out that the discount would be for season one and season one only.

That's an unfortunate stance to take, especially when compared to Zen making all the PS4 versions free.

Nolan

Jan 19, 2014
What are the chances they make Season 2 crossbuy with the PS3 and/or Vita?

I already own it on steam, but crossbuy would make me want to buy it again.

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
I'd say close to zero since they didn't want to do that with season 1.

I do agree though, getting PS3, PS4, and Vita for one price would be about the only thing that would compel me to invest more money into the way Farsight supports the Sony platforms.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I'd say close to zero since they didn't want to do that with season 1.

I do agree though, getting PS3, PS4, and Vita for one price would be about the only thing that would compel me to invest more money into the way Farsight supports the Sony platforms.

Maybe a negative number.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Maybe a negative number.

I'm OK with paying a second time for the convenience of having Season 2 on my PS4, but there is no reason why they shouldn't apply the exact same 50% off discount as they are currently still doing for the Season 1 PS3 to PS4 "Cross-Discount".

Farsight may need to be a bit more competitive with Zen if they want to keep customers happy.
Zen gives you most new tables for $2.50 ea., with Cross-Buy across the PS3/PS4/PS Vita, Pro-Mode like features, trophies, and more thrown in for free.

Without getting into the whole real vs made up table debate, I think Farsight should at least keep the Cross-discount going.

Nolan

Jan 19, 2014
cross buy cross save would be pretty cool for me as I like to play pinball on the vita when Im stuck waiting for my kid in various places.

Seems like they have a relatively small crowd of regular buyers and they gotta pick at them whenever possible.

Even smaller team games like Rogue Legacy are cross buy/save.

Last edited:

the ajp

Jun 17, 2012
I bought all the tables in season 1 (pro where applicable) on PS3 and never got the discount when i bought season 1 on ps4 ... I have all of season 2 on PS3 (again all pro versions) and i don't expect cross buy will work for season 2 either .. will still buy season 2 for PS4 because to me it's worth it. Since i started playing TPA on PS4 i wouldn't go back to the Ps3 version of season 1 .. slightly iffy sound or not ..

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
In the top nested reply that I can't seem to link to directly on their FB, they said "Season Two should be coming to PS4 December 9th if everything goes according to plan!" Pretty rare that they actually try giving a specific release date like that these days.

dmen1974

Mar 26, 2013
We're not relasing tomorrow, there were a few last minute loose ends to tie up, should be in the next seven days though, we're stoked!
This was the reply from a TPA rep. to a fan who thought TPA was releasing tomorrow for the Xbox one. I guess the fan got a little ahead of himself.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Yeah and today "Xbox one should drop within the next 7 days or so, after it does season 2 and 3 will hit the PS4 in their entirety."

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Okay now their FB is saying the 9th that they said last week obviously can't happen...the "9th" comment was in their last streaming session thread, and the tone is a bit more out and out peppy than their usual FB comments, so I'm gonna go ahead and guess that it was the stream guys posting using the TPA FB account in that case; the normal FB guy continues to insist that it will be a 30 day wait: "The Pinball Arcade that doesn't give us 30 days from the xbox one release, so that actually can't happen. but we ARE planning on next month."

Personally I would go with the live stream dudes since for some reason I think they're slightly higher up the food chain there, but I guess we'll find out come the 9th. FB guy says "before Christmas," but I'm not sure how much more sense that makes given that 30 days from yesterday, when the XOne version came out, is not "before" Christmas, but on Christmas. Then again, December 25th does happen to be a Tuesday...

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I think a PS4/Vita crossbuy would be fair since they did that with PS3, but to expect a bundle of all three is kind of rediculous.

Soluzar

Dec 20, 2012
I think a PS4/Vita crossbuy would be fair since they did that with PS3, but to expect a bundle of all three is kind of ridiculous.
I really don't agree - it is the same damn game, after all. I've already bought... uh... three different versions of several season one tables, with potentially a fourth to come. Paying full price every single time does irritate me. If I knew there was a discount structure in place for buying the same tables on multiple platforms, I would be more inclined to buy EVERY table instead of just the ones that interest me. As it stands, there are a lot of tables I don't own for any system. I would have been entirely willing (and happy) to pay three times the price for a table if that meant I could have it on every platform on which it is published. That would mean the tables I already own three times (IOS, PS3, PS4) would now be available for me on PC as well.

That said I'll probably end up buying my favourite tables yet again, so why would they change the business model. GG Farsight.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.