Season 3 PS4

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
Hmmm...I honestly don't know. I've heard of that reasoning for the absent tables for PS4. I just haven't heard about it in a long time. Barbie said that if enough demand for those tables are voiced, then she'll let the team know about it. That's all I got from that. Shogun probably knows more about that situation than anyone. Or....I can just ask Barbie myself. :p

Ask away my friend, ask away. That would be great if you could get an answer. As far as demand, I did start a really generic poll over on the ZP 2 forums whether people would repurchase the remaining 15 tables or not and I received a whopping 21 responses:p (15 yes, 4 maybe, 2 no). Using the PS 3 pricing model, the tables would cost $41 at most. I'd pay that for them again since I got the rest of the tables through cross buy.
https://forum.zenstudios.com/showth...se-Older-Tables-for-Zen-Pinball-2-for-the-PS4

Last edited:

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Ask away my friend, ask away. That would be great if you could get an answer. As far as demand, I did start a really generic poll over on the ZP 2 forums whether people would repurchase the remaining 15 tables or not and I received a whopping 21 responses:p (15 yes, 4 maybe, 2 no). Using the PS 3 pricing model, the tables would cost $41 at most. I'd pay that for them again since I got the rest of the tables through cross buy.
https://forum.zenstudios.com/showth...se-Older-Tables-for-Zen-Pinball-2-for-the-PS4

Barbie told me to wait for it.....wait for it.....BAM!!! Seriously. LOL

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...te-on-ps4-starting-july-15th/#comment-1000317

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Awesome news Rafie, thanks for that. Its nice to see Zen becoming whole on PS4. I'm looking forward to when TPA is complete on PS4 as well.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Holy crap! The old tables are only a week away? And a re-mastered version of my all-time favorite Zen table Excalibur?!? And they are free since I bought them all previously?
Effin' crazy, I was not expecting that at all.

Don't expect a huge remaster. As far as I am aware it's just in 1080p now, no new lightning or texture effects.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
Barbie told me to wait for it.....wait for it.....BAM!!! Seriously. LOL

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...te-on-ps4-starting-july-15th/#comment-1000317

Great investigative work there Rafie. LOL Talk about timing. That's excellent news though. As far as my Zen ramblings up above and my link to my now obsolete, generic poll, those aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along, move along.

But seriously, why does it always seems like Zen leaves FarSight in the dust like the Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote when it comes to table updates, fan service, and general PR? FS, I love your TPA, but Zen is running circles around you.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Yeah guys I was happy as well. Excalibur, X-Men, Mars, Earth Defense, etc will all be there. I'm stoked for that. I hope we get the PBFX2 Core Tables in the future. That would be even more awesome.

@Espy- I can't say whether the lighting in such has gotten better. It certainly looks it though. Barbie herself isn't sure. She said she would ask the team. All of that is irrelevant though. Point is that more tables are coming and their free. Just got a Deadpool table and getting a Walking Dead table soon. Zen is doing great with their content.

Anyway back on topic, I'm still good with FarSight. I know they are trying to accommodate all platforms and such. They are consistent with new tables. Just not consistent with releasing with the consoles. I know I was HOPING for something this week. So I will hope for next week to play some Season 3 on the PS4...and PS3. Hehe I wonder when they plan on doing the next kickstarter.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
Yeah guys I was happy as well. Excalibur, X-Men, Mars, Earth Defense, etc will all be there. I'm stoked for that. I hope we get the PBFX2 Core Tables in the future. That would be even more awesome.

It worked before. You can do it again. Ask Barbie about the PBFX 2 Core Tables. That would be awesome. Help us Rafie-wan Kenobi, you're our only hope:p

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
It worked before. You can do it again. Ask Barbie about the PBFX 2 Core Tables. That would be awesome. Help us Rafie-wan Kenobi, you're our only hope:p

I think there may be some Microsoft exclusivity deal there. I think they eventually put the Zen Pinball tables on PFX2 because there was no contract, but with Microsoft they had one.

You can at the very least rule out Ms Splosion Man as that's a Microsoft property :p

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012

LOL Rafie-wan Kenobi! Hehehe That made my day. I'm afraid it is as Espy says. Of course you know Zen themselves can't discuss the formalities in a NDA contract. Too much red tape and things of that nature. She does hope they do come soon. She just can't specify when or even if it will happen. A lot of us have been wanting those tables on the PS side for a while now. I have a 360, so I have them. If you look back on the link I posted...you'll see that questioned has been answered by her.

Anyway, we should discuss this in the Zen thread of this forum from this point on. We don't want Sean or Jeff etc to moderate. We gotta stay on topic.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
LOL Rafie-wan Kenobi! Hehehe That made my day. I'm afraid it is as Espy says. Of course you know Zen themselves can't discuss the formalities in a NDA contract. Too much red tape and things of that nature. She does hope they do come soon. She just can't specify when or even if it will happen. A lot of us have been wanting those tables on the PS side for a while now. I have a 360, so I have them. If you look back on the link I posted...you'll see that questioned has been answered by her.

Anyway, we should discuss this in the Zen thread of this forum from this point on. We don't want Sean or Jeff etc to moderate. We gotta stay on topic.

Last thing I'll post about Zen. A couple of quotes from Barbie on 12/10/12 on the Zen forum when the Zen Pinball Originals were released on the XBOX 360. -

"We know you want exclusives to make the jump, and so do we. Some, we can't move (like Ms Splosion, she's an MS property), but we are definitely pushing for the others to be released on PSN. We know you guys want the XBLA tables to move to PSN. So do we. Trust me, we REALLY want to bring them to you. It's a matter of contracts and red tape and all that fun stuff. Think of this as a first step to us reaching our goal of bringing all our tables to as many platforms as possible. Remember when you all wanted a new updated version of Zen/Marvel Pinball (like we gave the XBLA folks, with Pinball FX2)? We brought you Zen Pinball 2. For free. Please don't take this as an insult. We are listening and we try to bring you what you want, it's just a matter of timing."

Back on track with original topic. I'm hoping once the XBOX One and XBOX 360 versions are released/re-released, FarSight won't be stretched so thin and all the console releases can more consistent. I'm sure they're probably hoping for the same thing as well. It's not only costing them money, but the constant nagging has to be aggravating as well.;)

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
We don't want Sean or Jeff etc to moderate. We gotta stay on topic.

It can't really be off-topic if Farsight hasn't given us anything to even have a topic about in months.

Hmmm... It seems like I jumped ahead of you on a leaderboard for a table recently Raf, but I can't remember which one.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Last thing I'll post about Zen. A couple of quotes from Barbie on 12/10/12 on the Zen forum when the Zen Pinball Originals were released on the XBOX 360. -

"We know you want exclusives to make the jump, and so do we. Some, we can't move (like Ms Splosion, she's an MS property), but we are definitely pushing for the others to be released on PSN. We know you guys want the XBLA tables to move to PSN. So do we. Trust me, we REALLY want to bring them to you. It's a matter of contracts and red tape and all that fun stuff. Think of this as a first step to us reaching our goal of bringing all our tables to as many platforms as possible. Remember when you all wanted a new updated version of Zen/Marvel Pinball (like we gave the XBLA folks, with Pinball FX2)? We brought you Zen Pinball 2. For free. Please don't take this as an insult. We are listening and we try to bring you what you want, it's just a matter of timing."

Back on track with original topic. I'm hoping once the XBOX One and XBOX 360 versions are released/re-released, FarSight won't be stretched so thin and all the console releases can more consistent. I'm sure they're probably hoping for the same thing as well. It's not only costing them money, but the constant nagging has to be aggravating as well.;)

It was a couple of years ago now. I wonder if the iron has cooled on this matter - the tables are getting older and don't stand up the more recent tables in terms of complexity. Not sure if they'd want to release such an old product. I certainly don't see the PFX1 tables coming out as they have aged terribly. The PFX2 tables are a bit more likely, but I'm not convinced.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
It was a couple of years ago now. I wonder if the iron has cooled on this matter - the tables are getting older and don't stand up the more recent tables in terms of complexity. Not sure if they'd want to release such an old product. I certainly don't see the PFX1 tables coming out as they have aged terribly. The PFX2 tables are a bit more likely, but I'm not convinced.

I guess i fibbed about being the last Zen related posts:p. I still see requests for these tables on the Zen FB and forum pages from non-PBFX users. Like Rafie, I too own all the PBFX tables on the 360 that I do not own on ZP 2. But I still hold out hope that at least the PBFX 2 core tables will come to ZP 2, so that I can play them as well on my Vita and PS 4, much like the ZP Original Pack came to PBFX 2 back in 2012. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. I'm just happy we're getting what we're getting next week from Zen.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
Please stay on topic.
Knew that was coming eventually:D Sorry about that. Rafie did warn me. I moved the conversation over to a Zen discussion.

Anyways, seeing yesterday that Mike posted in the 360 section that they're "Having trouble getting support from MS on an issue." Has anyone read or heard anything about this being the case with the XBOX One also, since that release is delaying Season 2 on the PS 4, and probably not helping the season 3 tables come out in a timely manner as well?

Last edited:

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Between Zen and TPA the 15th is dropping a whole lot of pinball on us... what is that, 18 tables in one day? Sheesh! Pretty cool.

Also an Adams Family kickstarter eh? As much as I want that table, there is no way I'll contribute to another kickstarter by these guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts