Season 3: Who Dunnit, Junk Yard and BK2K confirmed!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Who Dunnit is a very easy game, but one that has been good to me in league play. Even if we forget the roulette, ti's not very balanced and there's a LOT of luck in the rules. You can get free extra balls from outlane slot spins (second chance) for example. Most of my wins have been from Penthouse Party.

It is a horrid competition game, but it's fun.

The game should NOT be tuned difficult in TPA, because it's very easy in real life as well.
I forgot about Penthouse Party. Yeah, loop the easiest shot in the game for 10M, 20M, 30M...no limit. One Penthouse is about 1B by itself.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
Diner? Swords of Fury? Can't wait to find out. And as a huge fan of BK2K I can certainly wait a few months now that I know it's on the way. I want them to get it perfect. :)

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Diner? Swords of Fury? Can't wait to find out. And as a huge fan of BK2K I can certainly wait a few months now that I know it's on the way. I want them to get it perfect. :)

I think the 3 announced tables will come sooner than later but it's also nice to know you have those to look forward to. I am putting my guess with the following breakdown:

Cyclone 40%
Diner 20%
Earthshaker 18%
BK2K 14%
Other Alphanumeric - 6%
Other DMD - 1.8%
Other EM or early SS - 0.2%

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
lol XD lettuce, hint is in name of this topic - biggest hint ever ))

Errrrrr no not really, just lists 3 tables that will be included in Season 3....doesn't mention anywhere or hint as to what the NEXT table will be, does it!!?

I am predicting it will be an alphanumeric WMS table not called black knight 2000.

NO chance!!!, those 3 announced table are probably the best tables coming this season, all the rest will probably be sub par releases

I think the 3 announced tables will come sooner than later but it's also nice to know you have those to look forward to. I am putting my guess with the following breakdown:

Cyclone 40%
Diner 20%
Earthshaker 18%
BK2K 14%
Other Alphanumeric - 6%
Other DMD - 1.8%

I really hoped season 3 was going to be a return to form back to the season 1 tables, but if those are the possible tables this will be the worse season yet. Was under the impression that seeing as FS had gone down to just the 1 table they would hit it out the park with each table but other than Fish Tales, Who Dunnit and BK2K i dont think id bother will any other from your possible list

Last edited:

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Cyclone 40%
Diner 20%
Earthshaker 18%
BK2K 14%
Other Alphanumeric - 6%
Other DMD - 1.8%

I would add Bad Cats to the list. The theme is funny. Diner is just Taxi. Black Rose seems impossible because that would have been an attraction and thus advertised.

Dec 7, 2013
We don't know if those three games are the *next* three releases or not. It's just three that are coming this season.

That was my thought as well.

In fact I am willing to bet that next months release will be Black Rose.

I really appreciate Farsight throwing us a bone, it creates happy feels knowing great table are ahead. It's looking like every game in season 3 is going to be good. Can't wait.

Dec 7, 2013
I really hoped season 3 was going to be a return to form back to the season 1 tables, but if those are the possible tables this will be the worse season yet. Was under the impression that seeing as FS had gone down to just the 1 table they would hit it out the park with each table but other than Fish Tales, Who Dunnit and BK2K i dont think id bother will any other from your possible list

That's just his guess/speculation. Season 3 is already a return to form just based on what little we already know.

Fish Tales, Banzai Run, Black Knight 2000, Junkyard, and Who Dunnit. Now add a Kickstarter, that could be Addams Fanily, Lord of the Rings, or Maybe Simpsons. That's 6 / 10 strong tables right there.

. I think, and this is just a guess based off the polls, that the other 4 will be Road Show, Black Rose, Getaway and a Stern like say, Rollercoaster Tycoon. Maybe they'll save Getaway for Season 4, and give us High Speed instead.

Oh I almost forgot. They officially announced Sega/Data East support so of the 4 unknown slots, some could be Data East/Sega. Any way you look at it, this is going to be a fantastic season :).

Last edited:

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013

No one would buy Cyclone, really? That was a good game, and was probably the most common pinball machine to see in arcades in the late 1980s...

If 1990s pins is the bias, there's not a whole lot of the good, non-licensed stuff left. Enough for a season -- Road Show, High Speed II, and World Cup Soccer are the obvious remaining candidates from this list, and then Corvette, No Fear, and Indy 500 -- less common tables back in the day, but decent ones. Then maybe a couple of Sterns. Maybe a couple much rarer but good pins like Safe Cracker. If they can emulate Pinball2K, Revenge From Mars. And then...

Personally, I'd rather see a good older pinball machine than a mediocre newer one. (In other words, Cyclone, Earthshaker, or High Speed would be *way* preferable to something like Shaq Attack or Bugs Bunny's Birthday Ball!)

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
That's just his guess/speculation. Season 3 is already a return to form just based on what little we already know.

Fish Tales, Banzai Run, Black Knight 2000, Junkyard, and Who Dunnit. Now add a Kickstarter, that could be Addams Fanily, Lord of the Rings, or Maybe Simpsons. That's 6 / 10 strong tables right there.

. I think, and this is just a guess based off the polls, that the other 4 will be Road Show, Black Rose, Getaway, and a Stern like say, Rollercoaster Tycoon.

Oh I almost forgot. They officially announced Sega/Data East support so of the 4 unknown slots, some could be Data East/Sega. Any way you look at it, this is going to be a fantastic season :).

Definitely just a guess on my part. An educated one. I am basing it on lots of feedback from Farsight, the jump to conclusion that the season will alternate between a DMD and AN SS and that they will be using the 3 announced tables as an attraction to buyers and not release them until probably tables 3, 5 and 6 (again, another guess). That could leave a kickstarted table and EBD for later in the season.

I am guessing Bad Cats would be a long shot. It hasn't received very positive responses when asked if it is coming. Neither has Xenon for this season specifically.

As for other tables not announced but readily available, you do have Black Rose, as mentioned, F-14, The High Speed series, Jack Bot, Banzai Run, Safe Cracker. I'd consider all of those to be close to quality if not better in some cases to the three announced tables (subjective to everyone's individual opinion). I'm also a big fan of early SS tables and there are plenty of licensed tables. For me, I'd rather see Fathom, Paragon and a few others than many of the more modern offerings.

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
I might be in the minority here but I really loved season 2. I've only bought 2 packs on steam so far (have them all on xbox, ps3 -last 5, and iOS)and they were both Gottlieb packs. I picked up CBW, HH, ED, and Tee'd Off and I LOVE those tables. They each bring a little something different to the experience. Season 1 is season 1, chock full of classics, and yes it was better than season 2, but season two had some pretty amazing tables overall.

That being said, fish tales is a table I fell in love with in VP, and I think I'm off to buy it now. That's saying a lot for me. I haven't tried the other three that have been announced but I've looked them up on youtube and I'm really excited to play them in TPA! I really do hope we see some more modern tables in season three, I'd love a couple of Sega/DE tables and a modern stern or two, just to round out the collection.

Kadett785

Nov 23, 2013
I would add Bad Cats to the list. The theme is funny. Diner is just Taxi. Black Rose seems impossible because that would have been an attraction and thus advertised.

I always liked Diner. As an overall experience, I think it is a better table to play than Taxi.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
Some good ones mentioned here.... Diner, Black Rose, Banzai Run. Definitely hoping EarthShaker and Road Show become reality.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I might be in the minority here but I really loved season 2. I've only bought 2 packs on steam so far (have them all on xbox, ps3 -last 5, and iOS)and they were both Gottlieb packs. I picked up CBW, HH, ED, and Tee'd Off and I LOVE those tables. They each bring a little something different to the experience. Season 1 is season 1, chock full of classics, and yes it was better than season 2, but season two had some pretty amazing tables overall.

That being said, fish tales is a table I fell in love with in VP, and I think I'm off to buy it now. That's saying a lot for me. I haven't tried the other three that have been announced but I've looked them up on youtube and I'm really excited to play them in TPA! I really do hope we see some more modern tables in season three, I'd love a couple of Sega/DE tables and a modern stern or two, just to round out the collection.

I agree with you about season 2. I mean season 1 has a couple stinkers in it as well. Harvey Davidson was not a well received table at all, and I personally think that Funhouse and Bride of Pinbot are terrible recreations that don't really capture the feeling of the real machines that they represent. I can watch an extended lord of the rings movie in less time then it takes to play a game of scared stiff.

Space shuttle, centaur and to a lesser degree firepower always have you on the seat of your pants. And personally I love the way the Gottlieb games throw away the pinball status quo and do something different. Though I find t2 to be a lackluster table even irl, fs did a pretty bang up job in the recreation...and I actually thought the monkey-with-the-i-just-farted-in-the-bathtub-look-grin skull was funny. Season 1 had the kickstsrt tables on lock down. Overall without separating the tables into seasons, it's a sweet collection.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I STILL don't get why HD was so poorly recieved. It's not a bad game at all. It has some good shots, drop targets, and lots of multiball. It's not really complicated or anything, but I don't have any major complaints about it. I think most people were just surprised that they chose it over more "obvious" tables and just bash it out of spite.

Bally's HD is supposed to be better than Sega/Stern's from what I've heard, though.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I STILL don't get why HD was so poorly recieved. It's not a bad game at all. It has some good shots, drop targets, and lots of multiball. It's not really complicated or anything, but I don't have any major complaints about it. I think most people were just surprised that they chose it over more "obvious" tables and just bash it out of spite.

Bally's HD is supposed to be better than Sega/Stern's from what I've heard, though.

We need more Stern games. Nuff said.

doedje

Sep 4, 2013
Junkyard: yihaa!
BK2K: yihaa!
Whodunnit: mwaaa...

If only they topped of Season 3 with PARTY ZONE, that would be a blast!

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts