Season Pass credit

wannabepba

Jul 28, 2012
So the newsletter says if we buy the Season 2 Pass and we have already bought 11, 12, or 13 (how about AND?), we e-mail them and get credit for a future table pack.

If we already have a Season Pass and have bought all table packs from day 1, what good does a credit for a future table pack do? Even if it was a credit for Season 3 (assuming that happens, which is a good assumption), it still doesn't do any good because we'd just purchase Season 3 from the beginning.

Am I the only one missing something here?

N

netizen

It could be a credit towards any pro mode they release for tables in that were in season 1 or 2 that didn't previously have a pro mode?
Or ball skins if they release any ball skin themes at some point?

Honestly IDK, i'm just throwing out ideas.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
So the newsletter says if we buy the Season 2 Pass and we have already bought 11, 12, or 13 (how about AND?), we e-mail them and get credit for a future table pack.

If we already have a Season Pass and have bought all table packs from day 1, what good does a credit for a future table pack do? Even if it was a credit for Season 3 (assuming that happens, which is a good assumption), it still doesn't do any good because we'd just purchase Season 3 from the beginning.

Am I the only one missing something here?

I don't understand why we couldn't use the credit towards the Season 3 pack next year? Are you thinking that it won't work because the credit amount will be less than the season pack price?

There are 4 Pro upgrades from Season 1 that I don't own so I'm hoping I'll be able to use my credit towards those.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I don't understand why we couldn't use the credit towards the Season 3 pack next year? Are you thinking that it won't work because the credit amount will be less than the season pack price?

There are 4 Pro upgrades from Season 1 that I don't own so I'm hoping I'll be able to use my credit towards those.

I'm thinking because it will be a credit for a free table not a dollar amount.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I was thinking about getting the season pass and sorting out the credit, but even without the credit, Farsight don't have the greatest track record of having reliable content usage/activation (read: Kickstarter rewards). I'm not saving that much anyway (and the credit toward season pack 3 won't be until next year anyway).

farmerjohn

Jun 16, 2012
I don't know the deal for the dollar prices, but for people paying in euro the season pass is a bad deal when one has already purchased packs 11 through 13.
If I buy 14-20 individually, I end up paying 31.43€. So getting one free table pack would mean a value of 35.92€ for me.
But the Season Pass costs 35.99€, not even knowing if I will like all the future tables.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I don't know the deal for the dollar prices, but for people paying in euro the season pass is a bad deal when one has already purchased packs 11 through 13.
If I buy 14-20 individually, I end up paying 31.43€. So getting one free table pack would mean a value of 35.92€ for me.
But the Season Pass costs 35.99€, not even knowing if I will like all the future tables.

That's why FS is offering some sort of credit for people that want to buy the season pass but have already purchased the first three packs.

farmerjohn

Jun 16, 2012
If you read my answer again you can see that I already took that into account.
Even if you get a table pack, as stated in the newsletter (which in my mind means exactly one table pack) you come out seven cents short.

wannabepba

Jul 28, 2012
And if you already have all the table packs, the table pack credit wouldn't really do much for you. And a credit for a table pack for Season 3 would be pointless if you want to purchase that Season. I bought the season pack anyways... I agree with sotie that we should be allowed to use the credit for a discount on Season 3...

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
From the FarSight facebook post it sounds as though you will get full credit for all already bought packs from Season 2: "We realize that there are customers who have already bought Season Two content that may want to take advantage of the Season Two Pack discount. We would like to offer anyone who buys a Season Two pack that has already purchased Table Pack 11, 12, or 13 a credit equal to the price you paid for the individual table packs, good for anything we sell (now or in the future). Please email customer support at support@pinballaracde.com with your FarSight user name to claim your credit."

That should allow you to receive $15 off of the price of the Season 2 pass, right? That would in turn make it quite a good deal!

Last edited:

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Ive bought table pack 13, but not 12 or 11. But to be fair i cant be arsed to go through all the trouble of email FS and then getting them to credit me for 1 pack, as it seem that FS struggle with simplest of email queries so this would probably take ages to sort out.....and for what!, a saving of 2 whole English pounds....not really worth it for the small amount of saving. Now if it was a £5 saving it might have been worth it but not for so little saving its not even enough to get a table pack with

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
From the FarSight facebook post it sounds as though you will get full credit for all already bought packs from Season 2: "We realize that there are customers who have already bought Season Two content that may want to take advantage of the Season Two Pack discount. We would like to offer anyone who buys a Season Two pack that has already purchased Table Pack 11, 12, or 13 a credit equal to the price you paid for the individual table packs, good for anything we sell (now or in the future). Please email customer support at support@pinballaracde.com with your FarSight user name to claim your credit."

That should allow you to receive $15 off of the price of the Season 2 pass, right? That would in turn make it quite a good deal!

And what about PS3 owners? I would love to take them up on the offer but no idea how?

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Hrm. I could use this credit from my PS3 and iOS to buy Android versions, I suppose. 3 pro packs on iOS and 2 pro packs on PS3...

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Received the following email from FS yesterday with instructions for applying for the credit:

Hello,
We can credit you with table packs from season 1 or from season 3.
Just need to collect some information:
1. Proof of purchase for table packs 11,12, and/or 13 as-well as the Season 2 pack.
2. Operating system you are using Android or iOS
3. Email used for Farsight login
4. Email associated with your Google/iTunes account

Credits for season 3 will be kept in our database. You will have to request the tables as they are released.

Please respond to this message if more information is requested or required.

Thank you,
Pinball Arcade Support

Mk pinball fan

Jul 11, 2012
I have a really Dumb question. I'm thinking about purchasing the season 2 pass, but need to locate my pinball arcade login. Is it the same or different from the one I use on this site? Is there a place to find this info. I know I should know this! I feel a bit silly asking, but need it to purchase the season 2 pass!

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I have a really Dumb question. I'm thinking about purchasing the season 2 pass, but need to locate my pinball arcade login. Is it the same or different from the one I use on this site? Is there a place to find this info. I know I should know this! I feel a bit silly asking, but need it to purchase the season 2 pass!

It would be unrelated to this site. This sight is not associated with FarSight. It is a fan site - and therefore better! ;D

I'm unfortunately unsure as to how to find your pinball arcade login. You can try emailing support@pinballarcade.com but be patient. They usually take a while to respond.

N

netizen

your farsight login is the login you use within TPA to login to the leaderboards etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.