Season Pass

PinPipe

May 26, 2013
Hi folks!

I know there has already been a threat concerning Apples iTune store policies,
although I didn't care much about it so far, as I used to play TPA on my Nexus 7.

Now things change, as I'll get a new iPad soon next year.
While taking a stroll through the app-store, I happened to stumble over a game called "Republique".
This game is published in episodes. And though there are only episodes 1 to 3 published so far, there is the possibility to buy a season pass for all Episodes.

Now I wonder, has somebody slept at Apple and just didn't noticed what he did, when he gave green light for "Republique", or have they changed their policies, and Farsight hasn't noticed so far?
Might there be a chance for the "return of the season pass"?

Hope somebody can enlighten me.

Best regards and Ho-Ho-Ho!

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Interesting. Emailing Farsight would be the best course of action.

That would be great if true.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Telltale games does the same thing.

I don't understand what's the difference between a game adding a new level and TPA adding a new table. It really sucks that TPAs most loyal fans, who buy tables as they come out, are the ones getting screwed by Apple. Hopefully they can figure it out for Season 5.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I kind of figured that. I hope no one reports them because they have been faithfully adding new tables AND fixing known bugs

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I wonder if TPA could offer a super pro option on the first table of Season 5. So you buy that one for the cost of a season pass and get the new table updates for free. And then maybe do an ultra pro option to get a season pass for all the pro tables. There has to be a work around. It is eye opening when a licensed Zen table with pro table options goes for a quarter of the price for a pro table in TPA. Taking all my money at once at the begining of the season doesn't make me think about that sorta thing.

PinPipe

May 26, 2013
The only other thing I could think of is, that all of the episodes of an adventure like "Republique" are already developed and approved by Apple and are just being published piece by piece.

Anyway I sent a PM to FlippyFloppy asking him to join this thread (or passing it on to the person at Farsight who is caring for iOS).

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
The only other thing I could think of is, that all of the episodes of an adventure like "Republique" are already developed and approved by Apple and are just being published piece by piece.

Anyway I sent a PM to FlippyFloppy asking him to join this thread (or passing it on to the person at Farsight who is caring for iOS).

I did too.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I think that farsight probably has this season (4) planned out - I wish it could be as easy as FS showing apple the full season release details, and then reinstating the season pass. But I remember the original problem was some unhappy FS customers complained directly to apple (thinking the infamous troll and/or his kind) that they were unhappy with tables that came out that season and wanted a refund. Obviously your "gambling" because you don't know which tables are coming - and in exchange your paying half as much! It seems that a few really lame folks ruined it for everybody.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Correct on the above post. The "season pass" issue on IOS may be down to a lack of clarity as to what is coming. IE: if Farsight were to release the full list of 10 tables, the buyer knows what he/she is getting so there is no issue. However if someone doesn't know and is disappointed in the tables' he/she has paid for in advance and asks Apple for a refund, that can be an issue Apple doesn't want to deal with and I wouldn't be surprised that they have had to deal with it.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Correct on the above post. The "season pass" issue on IOS may be down to a lack of clarity as to what is coming. IE: if Farsight were to release the full list of 10 tables, the buyer knows what he/she is getting so there is no issue. However if someone doesn't know and is disappointed in the tables' he/she has paid for in advance and asks Apple for a refund, that can be an issue Apple doesn't want to deal with and I wouldn't be surprised that they have had to deal with it.

If that's the issue how does telltale games get away with selling season passes?

Why can't Farsight just put a buyer beware notice on the season pass option then about no refunds? If people actually complained about this as you say, it would have to be a minuscule amount compared to the amount of people that are satisfied with the season pass.

How come magazine subscriptions are okay? It'd be the same issue you're stating. So if I don't like an issue of rolling stone I can complain to Apple get a refund and topple their subscription service?

When you buy a season pass to TPA you know in advance you're not going to know what tables are coming. It's not like Farsight is pulling a fast one. If people have issues they shouldn't buy a season pass, not ruin it for everyone else.

Last edited:

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
I'm with you guys. It's no different than other subscriptions that are allowed. We'd pay for 10 digitally recreated pinball tables to be released within 10-12 months. I don't understand why that wouldn't be allowed when so many other programs have similar payment methods.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I think that farsight probably has this season (4) planned out - I wish it could be as easy as FS showing apple the full season release details, and then reinstating the season pass. But I remember the original problem was some unhappy FS customers complained directly to apple (thinking the infamous troll and/or his kind) that they were unhappy with tables that came out that season and wanted a refund. Obviously your "gambling" because you don't know which tables are coming - and in exchange your paying half as much! It seems that a few really lame folks ruined it for everybody.

This is pretty much the answer to why we don't have it on iOS. At the end of season two, several customers complained to Apple that they wouldn't have bought the season 2 pass had they known the last four tables were going to be Gottlieb pinball tables and demanded a refund. From what I understand, we would have to announce our entire season before a season pass would be on the market again. The reason we can't do that is because we don't have every table selected for the season.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
This is pretty much the answer to why we don't have it on iOS. At the end of season two, several customers complained to Apple that they wouldn't have bought the season 2 pass had they known the last four tables were going to be Gottlieb pinball tables and demanded a refund. From what I understand, we would have to announce our entire season before a season pass would be on the market again. The reason we can't do that is because we don't have every table selected for the season.

I'm sorry. But that makes no sense.

I don't know what cover story entertainment weekly is going to do week to week. If they do a cover story on glee and I don't want it, you're saying I can then complain to Apple that I don't like the show glee and get their subscription service for entertainment weekly toppled?

Put a warning that you will be doing Bally, williams, stern data east and Gottlieb tables on the season pass option. Problem solved. And if Gottlieb was the season pass issue in season two why could we buy a season pass for season three which featured arguably the most reviled Gottlieb table yet LCA (though I do like it)

I didn't care for the third hobbit movie does that mean I should get a refund after paying to see it? This sounds like a communication issue between Apple and Farsight that could be reasonably resolved with the options posted above and all over this forum.

Please try again in 2015. People paying for surprise tables and then being unhappy with the surprise is one of the dumber excuses I've heard for toppling an entire subscription service.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014

I think 99.9% of us really enjoyed having the season pass, cost savings, convenience of a one time purchase - and I personally loved the surprise which included the speculation threads, the hint, the anticipation and then the download and hours of enjoyment afterward. Thank you for reinstating the season pass on psn (I am buying for both ps3 and iOS). - i think I can get the season 4 pass starting w/ POTO tomorrow?

One big request - please make pro upgrade bundles available for iOS season 1,2,3, and 4 when it finishes. I am purchasing all the tables individually for season 4 and happy to drop $50 but can't/won't do $80 total for the pro versions individually. Upgrade bundles would be a nice gesture to those of us who would have gotten the pro season pass from the start if it was possible. Thanks!

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I'm sorry. But that makes no sense.

I don't know what cover story entertainment weekly is going to do week to week. If they do a cover story on glee and I don't want it, you're saying I can then complain to Apple that I don't like the show glee and get their subscription service for entertainment weekly toppled?

Put a warning that you will be doing Bally, williams, stern data east and Gottlieb tables on the season pass option. Problem solved. And if Gottlieb was the season pass issue in season two why could we buy a season pass for season three which featured arguably the most reviled Gottlieb table yet LCA (though I do like it)

I didn't care for the third hobbit movie does that mean I should get a refund after paying to see it? This sounds like a communication issue between Apple and Farsight that could be reasonably resolved with the options posted above and all over this forum.

Please try again in 2015. People paying for surprise tables and then being unhappy with the surprise is one of the dumber excuses I've heard for toppling an entire subscription service.

People are whiners. However, they're the ones responsible for the pricing structure for TPA on iOS.

Congratulations dickheads.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.