Seasons?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I don't understand a lot but I understand why FarSight would do it. $

Does Microsoft pay them in advance? Because I don't still don't see Pinball Arcade for sale on the Xbone.
They may be making money with MS, but they are losing money by not selling on the PS4.

They should have just hired a publisher instead of getting locked into a bad Microsoft contract. It's not fair to the fans who have stuck by them for several years.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Figures. I'm sick of Microsoft's ridiculous treatment of indie developers. It reminds me of Nintendo's 3rd party regulations in the 80's.
I have no idea why any developer would want to even release on the Xbone.

So now Farsight lets Apple dictate the reduction in PS4 sound quality, lack of Season pass, and now Microsoft dictates that PSN released DLC will be late. Why is it the best platform gets the worst support?!

Where did you get this stuff about Apple? I know about the Apple season pass fracas, and M$ dicatating PSN DLC BS, but Apple dictating the sound? Sounds far out there, even for all that's been going on with consoles in general.

I was wrong to get a PS4 thinking I was going to have the best version of TPA. Thankfully, I have the PC version. Barring any kind of turn-around, I don't think I will support the PS4 version any further.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Where did you get this stuff about Apple? I know about the Apple season pass fracas, and M$ dicatating PSN DLC BS, but Apple dictating the sound? Sounds far out there, even for all that's been going on with consoles in general.

I was wrong to get a PS4 thinking I was going to have the best version of TPA. Thankfully, I have the PC version. Barring any kind of turn-around, I don't think I will support the PS4 version any further.

The sound on the PS3/PS4 versions are known to be highly compressed. Portable versions of TPA have more of reason for compression than console versions would. I didn't make this up, it's been discussed many times in other threads.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I'm looking forward to hearing from the sound guy from FarSight on the next Barcade-cast. I'm hoping to hear not only an explanation but also that there's a real fix in the works.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
We were told in December it was a simple fix and would be sorted out pretty quickly. Well they lied. Again.
I'm done with this game, I've stood by my decision and will continue to do so until it's the slickest, beat looking version available without the bugs that's have been plaguing it for so long. That includes full trophy support for season two and three onwards.
I even bought the new zen pinball tables in protest against the ps4 version.
I wouldn't mind so much if we were at least truthfully ttold what was happening.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
We were told in December it was a simple fix and would be sorted out pretty quickly. Well they lied. Again.
I'm done with this game, I've stood by my decision and will continue to do so until it's the slickest, beat looking version available without the bugs that's have been plaguing it for so long. That includes full trophy support for season two and three onwards.
I even bought the new zen pinball tables in protest against the ps4 version.
I wouldn't mind so much if we were at least truthfully ttold what was happening.

Its not lying if they said what they believed to be the truth. That's why I'm looking forward to what their sound guy has to say on the next Barcade-cast.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
That's why I'm looking forward to what their sound guy has to say on the next Barcade-cast.

At about 66:28 he says "That...I'm sure will be coming in the next PS4 update." It sounds like he's guessing a bit about the release--but he does sound sure that the fix itself is done and ready to go. Although then he rather spoils it by going and saying "hopefully in the update that gives them Season 2"--which we already know is being delayed for Xbone exclusivity. : P

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
At about 66:28 he says "That...I'm sure will be coming in the next PS4 update." It sounds like he's guessing a bit about the release--but he does sound sure that the fix itself is done and ready to go. Although then he rather spoils it by going and saying hopefully in the update that gives them Season 2"--which we already know is being delayed for Xbone exclusivity. : P

We actually don't know that releases will be delayed. We know that Microsoft has demanded 30 days exclusive for titles in the indie program. We know that Microsoft has said that the indie titles will have a streamlined approval process. We know that Sony, so far at least, has had the same old 5 to 6 week approval process for the PS4. We know that season two is still being worked on for the new consoles. If they are completed at the same time and submitted to their respective stores at the same time, then in the best case scenario the Microsoft release is approved and put in the store 30 days or more before the PS4 release would naturally be ready. Microsoft could get their thirty days without delaying the PS4 release at all.

I'm putting the chances of this happening like this at about 10 percent. Those aren't good odds but it means that I have hope. And I'm willing to see how it plays out before deciding how pissed off I'm going to be.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.