Should FarSight relaunch an open BETA for TPA?

dontworrybehap

Sep 3, 2012
I've played taxi quite a bit and have found a number of bugs and have posted then on the taxi sub-forum. I guess I'm a beta tester already. And as for bugs, I don't game as much as I used to, but there's way more bugs on these releases from farsight than what you'd find on a console from a big name game developer, like say capcom for example. Truth is, farsight is releasing an unpolished product. That's my opinion. I'm gun shy now to buy new tables. From now on I'll just 'beta test' the free table of the month.

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
I've also been thinking about this lately and I really think Farsight needs to continue the beta testing, especially for new tables. We found a lot of bugs in the iOS beta testing, and the bugs that haven't been fixed have carried over to the other platforms, so even just testing them on one platform would make a big difference. Also, it seems beta testing would've really helped with the various iOS and Android problems that have been springing up lately too, so testing new updates would be very beneficial as well.

I'll gladly volunteer for testing once again. I really think it's needed, especially since the developers are so busy.

I've already offered my services to beta test for IOS with my IPad 3 for the upcoming Star Trek TNG ga,e since I own the pinball machine in real life and have played it for many years. I could play others as well, however STTNG is really the only one I can faithfully compare.

karl

May 10, 2012
It's a tricky situation. Too many beta testers and the workload on just communicating with testers and their reports will probably be more hassle than help. I have no idea how many beta testers there is at the moment so just guessing here. Personally I would love to beta test and I will for Twilight zone at least :) but to be honest there is probably many on this forum more qualified than me. Very surprised if the mods on this forum is not on the testing team, that should be a given. But to get beta access just because we have played one specific table a lot is just not gonna happen. They need to have a set number of testers for all tables (though I am sure they would have benefited by your insights Supermans)

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
I've already offered my services to beta test for IOS with my IPad 3 for the upcoming Star Trek TNG ga,e since I own the pinball machine in real life and have played it for many years. I could play others as well, however STTNG is really the only one I can faithfully compare.
Likewise. I have an ST:TNG as well and have offered to help with any beta testing. It was the problems (bugs and inaccuracies) with Black Knight that really made me want to help. I also own a BK and spotted a whole host of problems, which I posted on here about, within minutes of playing it. Frustrating knowing that you could have flagged all those problems up before release given the opportunity. Of the games either currently in TPA or known to be in the release schedule I've either owned or had on loan and workshopped over half of them.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
The Android BETA should clear up the bugs before release but they only generally have time to address the severe ones. They're working to a deadline so little things like art or sounds get left until they have more time.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
I have done beta testing with the Android release before and I do not mind doing this again in the future.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.