Should I buy a Vita?

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I play TPA mostly on my Vita since I got one in june, and I really like it. Portrait mode sucks, and some of the low rez artwork sucks too, but it feels good in general with real buttons.

Jan 6, 2013
just turn it on its side.
I know that but i heard one guy on here say you can use the x and the triangle buttons for the flippers how do you do that? Mine will only turn the other way. And even if i cant do that and i can only do the way i do now... how do u nudge i keep doing it by accident

Last edited:

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
I know that but i heard one guy on here say you can use the x and the triangle buttons for the flippers how do you do that? Mine will only turn the other way. And even if i cant do that and i can only do the way i do now... how do u nudge i keep doing it by accident

you can't use the X and triangle button for flippers. I think the nudge is done with the touch screen on the back. I sold my psvita a few months ago, so I may be wrong.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
I´m also considering a Vita - it just got a pricedrop in europe (or at least it looks like it did - I don´t follow these things too closely), I got two questions:

- Can you flip with face buttons instead of the shoulder buttons (in normal landscape mode)? I absolutely hate using shoulder buttons for any length of time because of (mild) RSI-related issues.

- Are the graphics better than the iOS version? I know they´re not as good as 360/PS3, but I would hope they´re at least better than the mobile ones.

I already play TPA on my iPad Mini, but I´d like to play on something smaller, lighter and with physical controls for a change.

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I´m also considering a Vita - it just got a pricedrop in europe (or at least it looks like it did - I don´t follow these things too closely), I got two questions:

- Can you flip with face buttons instead of the shoulder buttons (in normal landscape mode)? I absolutely hate using shoulder buttons for any length of time because of (mild) RSI-related issues.

- Are the graphics better than the iOS version? I know they´re not as good as 360/PS3, but I would hope they´re at least better than the mobile ones.

I already play TPA on my iPad Mini, but I´d like to play on something smaller, lighter and with physical controls for a change.

You can use the touch screen for flippers, but I prefer the shoulder buttons. The graphics are not better than iOS, unfortunately. It's a shame too, because the Vita is a great device.

Jan 6, 2013
Well i have to say i like my ps vita and i think 90% of the tables look pretty good on it.It took me a while to get use to them on a way smaller screen after playing on my big screen.Just owning the 360 and waiting for the new and old dlc to come out.. well i could not take waiting anymore so i bought the vita .And heard that soon you will be able to plug it in to your tv soon as this new cable comes out.Has any body heard anything about this and when it comes out?Now i do not own the ps3 and due to the vita being compatible with the ps4 i will just wait for it.I do feel one table is running at slower frame rate and that one is Dr. dude the ball just feels slow.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Well i have to say i like my ps vita and i think 90% of the tables look pretty good on it.It took me a while to get use to them on a way smaller screen after playing on my big screen.Just owning the 360 and waiting for the new and old dlc to come out.. well i could not take waiting anymore so i bought the vita .And heard that soon you will be able to plug it in to your tv soon as this new cable comes out.Has any body heard anything about this and when it comes out?Now i do not own the ps3 and due to the vita being compatible with the ps4 i will just wait for it.I do feel one table is running at slower frame rate and that one is Dr. dude the ball just feels slow.

I agree about the frame rate issue on some tables. Scared Stiff seems to run a little slowly too, IMO. Overall, though, I think the Vita versions are great. I also have played most of them on PS3(you get those versions with the Vita purchases), but I think there is a slight lag when you press the flipper buttons which is not there on the Vita.

Pesthauch666

Mar 20, 2013
I also have played most of them on PS3(you get those versions with the Vita purchases), but I think there is a slight lag when you press the flipper buttons which is not there on the Vita.
I too noticed the Lag. But after setting the PS3 maximum resolution to 720x (the display settings), it plays fine. I guess there's problem with the PS3s upscaler, when setting the resolution to 1080x.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.