SMACH Z a handheld PC for Pinball Arcade?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
interesting concept, needa look up more about the soc see if its really that viable in terms of being even remotely practical outside emulation

edit- text on such a tiny screen would suck even in mostly visual games. id like to see how that battery holds up under full load, amd drivers have historically sucked for linux in terms of stability this may have changed.

if he point is a dx10-11 portable "gameboy" i guess it will appeal to some but it just screams novelty to me, id be much more intrested in a fresh of the pandora portable computer possibly x86 flavoured for that dx access

Last edited:

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
The current SoC could run TPA dx9 around 30/50 fps. Also, it will have Windows 10 support or Linux.

But the main advantage of the device is modular parts. So in a couple of years we can upgrade the parts, like the CPU/GPU, RAM, HDD e.t.c.

I do worry though how text would look on a 6" 1080p AMOLED.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
The current SoC could run TPA dx9 around 30/50 fps.

Really cool looking device, sadly TPA physics seem to rely on the fps for correct physics behavior. If the game is not locked at 60fps the ball moves at the wrong speed

I would still want it, other pinball games like Zaccaria and Timeshock would work in theory as they don't rely on the fps for physics simulation. + with the ability to upgrade TPA should work in a future build

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.