Small problem with screen rotation in Windows (8).

Ton

Dec 10, 2013
I have a small but irritating issue with my (Acer Iconia) tablet. Although it is related to playing TPA it has nothing to do with the game itself, so I post it under Off-Topic. Maybe someone knows a solution or what the culprit is ?
I play TPA in portrait position and have to rotate my screen 90* for that of course. In my system tray (Windows 8 btw), I have an Intel Graphics Control Panel icon and there it should be possible to select Graphic Options > Rotation > 90* Rotation to quick rotate the screen. However this doesn't work for me. When I click that option nothing happens. The same is true when I right-click on the desktop and select rotation there, although sometimes it works there (maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 times). Most of the times I have to do it by right-clicking on the desktop and going to Graphic Options and opening the Graphic Properties window which is a bit more time consuming. Not a great deal, but still...
What could I do to get it working that way ?

Last edited:

Ton

Dec 10, 2013
Yes it has, but when I enable it and accidentally rotate the tablet when TPA is loaded TPA crashes.
But meanwhile I found a tool iRotate, that sits in the system tray and allows me to rotate with one click.

Ton

Dec 10, 2013
Strange... iRotate worked like a charm for some time. Now it doesn't anymore. After rotating 90 degrees with it to Portrait, when I run the config. utility to confirm 1080 x 1920 the screen returns to Landscape again.

Will enable and use auto rotate feature for now.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I was thinking auto rotate was overriding your settings but if it works for you that's good. I know nothing about windows 8 on tablets hinestly

Ton

Dec 10, 2013
Thanks.
I suddenly remembered that my tablet even has a small button with which I can enable or disable auto rotate, without having to go in the settings. So I leave it enabled and when needed I can simply disable it. I also have Visual Pinball and Pinball FX2 both set to Portrait, but with auto rotate On these don't work.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts