Small problem with screen rotation in Windows (8).

Ton

Dec 10, 2013
I have a small but irritating issue with my (Acer Iconia) tablet. Although it is related to playing TPA it has nothing to do with the game itself, so I post it under Off-Topic. Maybe someone knows a solution or what the culprit is ?
I play TPA in portrait position and have to rotate my screen 90* for that of course. In my system tray (Windows 8 btw), I have an Intel Graphics Control Panel icon and there it should be possible to select Graphic Options > Rotation > 90* Rotation to quick rotate the screen. However this doesn't work for me. When I click that option nothing happens. The same is true when I right-click on the desktop and select rotation there, although sometimes it works there (maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 times). Most of the times I have to do it by right-clicking on the desktop and going to Graphic Options and opening the Graphic Properties window which is a bit more time consuming. Not a great deal, but still...
What could I do to get it working that way ?

Last edited:

Ton

Dec 10, 2013
Yes it has, but when I enable it and accidentally rotate the tablet when TPA is loaded TPA crashes.
But meanwhile I found a tool iRotate, that sits in the system tray and allows me to rotate with one click.

Ton

Dec 10, 2013
Strange... iRotate worked like a charm for some time. Now it doesn't anymore. After rotating 90 degrees with it to Portrait, when I run the config. utility to confirm 1080 x 1920 the screen returns to Landscape again.

Will enable and use auto rotate feature for now.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I was thinking auto rotate was overriding your settings but if it works for you that's good. I know nothing about windows 8 on tablets hinestly

Ton

Dec 10, 2013
Thanks.
I suddenly remembered that my tablet even has a small button with which I can enable or disable auto rotate, without having to go in the settings. So I leave it enabled and when needed I can simply disable it. I also have Visual Pinball and Pinball FX2 both set to Portrait, but with auto rotate On these don't work.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts