So? Can we expect this game to be released soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
What I can assure you is the game looks magnificent in it's present state...

It actually doesn't...unless you go through your graphics card control panel and change a bunch of settings for anti-aliasing and whatnot. Then it looks much better. But even then, that stuff only works if you have post-processing within the game disabled. I think they really need to add in-game graphics settings and fix the post-processing issue before releasing it.

There are also the art issues -- and I'm not talking about the minor ones where a decal isn't lined up perfectly. All the table logos look terrible and many of the playfield textures have lines that kind of look they were drawn in crayon.

First impressions are important. The first time I started AFM the first thing I noticed was how bad the center ship looked. After setting up the AA stuff through nvidia control panel, I immediately noticed how bad the playfield looked around the flippers - even from the highest camera angle.

That said, it plays extremely well and progress is being made rapidly. We have no real status on many of the issues, but I'd have to think September will be a stretch (although it depends on what issues they are willing to launch with, obviously). I know everyone is excited and has waited a long time, but I think you have to reach a certain level of quality before releasing. I'm actually going to have to wait even longer to play because I'll be waiting for portrait mode so I can play on my cabinet (I was just doing the beta testing on my desktop to help out).

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
It actually doesn't...unless you go through your graphics card control panel and change a bunch of settings for anti-aliasing and whatnot. Then it looks much better. But even then, that stuff only works if you have post-processing within the game disabled. I think they really need to add in-game graphics settings and fix the post-processing issue before releasing it.

There are also the art issues -- and I'm not talking about the minor ones where a decal isn't lined up perfectly. All the table logos look terrible and many of the playfield textures have lines that kind of look they were drawn in crayon.

First impressions are important. The first time I started AFM the first thing I noticed was how bad the center ship looked. After setting up the AA stuff through nvidia control panel, I immediately noticed how bad the playfield looked around the flippers - even from the highest camera angle.

That said, it plays extremely well and progress is being made rapidly. We have no real status on many of the issues, but I'd have to think September will be a stretch (although it depends on what issues they are willing to launch with, obviously). I know everyone is excited and has waited a long time, but I think you have to reach a certain level of quality before releasing. I'm actually going to have to wait even longer to play because I'll be waiting for portrait mode so I can play on my cabinet (I was just doing the beta testing on my desktop to help out).

I am not seeing much of what you are saying at all. The graphics look pretty sharp on my rig. Although I do have a very expensive computer. I see no lines that look like they were drawn in crayon at all. It might be issues within your own computer system working against you there.

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
I am not seeing much of what you are saying at all. The graphics look pretty sharp on my rig. Although I do have a very expensive computer. I see no lines that look like they were drawn in crayon at all. It might be issues within your own computer system working against you there.

Yeah I don't think it's equipment-related. Maybe related to resolution, but people have reported such issues at various resolutions. Check out this screenshot I took in table exploration mode (to make it as clear as can be). Make sure to zoom in with your browser so you're seeing it full size.

Notice how the art on the slingshots looks great with crisp black lines, but the art on the playfield looks crappy. Those should be solid black lines running down the inlane and around the 6 circular lights (and on the woman, etc.).

Try checking AFM out in table exploration zoomed in; I'd be curious to know if you see the same thing. If it looks fine, what resolution are you using? Maybe there's a certain one that scales correctly or something.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
I do believe that it could be a computer to computer issue as you mention Roo. I have not had issues with Pro Pinball either, yet in the Pro Pinball thread in this site... there are a lot of our members that have had issues with graphics and setting the game up without crashing. I think I have been very lucky for both TPA and Pro Pinball.

What I am seeing with my setup is comparable to what the FX2 tables look like. The colour is sharp and brilliant and the graphics are definitely looking great for me. A couple of other beta testers have told me recently that they have heard similar complaints from some others beta testing. Meanwhile they told myself and the others that the game looked great for them on their system and settings. So you are probably right Roo, and it is an issue that needs to definitely be fixed before releasing the game.

This game cannot go out if some of us are having sub par graphic issues...while others are not. It wouldn't be fair to those that do get on the lesser end of this obvious situation. :)

Hang in there guys. The game will come out soon enough. The more we beta testers talk to one another...the more issues we seem to discover and bring to FarSight's dev's. At least we are all on board with helping to get this game up to the standards you all expect to see. I know it's a small consolation at this point, but the more we talk...the more we discover we are a bit more away from release than we thought.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Yeah I don't think it's equipment-related. Maybe related to resolution, but people have reported such issues at various resolutions. Check out this screenshot I took in table exploration mode (to make it as clear as can be). Make sure to zoom in with your browser so you're seeing it full size.

Notice how the art on the slingshots looks great with crisp black lines, but the art on the playfield looks crappy. Those should be solid black lines running down the inlane and around the 6 circular lights (and on the woman, etc.).

Try checking AFM out in table exploration zoomed in; I'd be curious to know if you see the same thing. If it looks fine, what resolution are you using? Maybe there's a certain one that scales correctly or something.

I am on 1920 x 1080 Roo, and I just checked the table and it looks much better than the screen shot in your link. So yeah...there are issues still there, and you are totally correct with what you are seeing and mentioned. I have read the threads on this too and thought this was being fixed. It obviously hasn't been dealt with fully.

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
I am on 1920 x 1080 Roo, and I just checked the table and it looks much better than the screen shot in your link. So yeah...there are issues still there, and you are totally correct with what you are seeing and mentioned. I have read the threads on this too and thought this was being fixed. It obviously hasn't been dealt with fully.

Thanks for checking. We actually just got a new 1920 x 1080 monitor in the house, so I tried it on that but I see the same issue with the playfield (and the logos) as I did on 1680 x 1050 (and yes I changed the in-game resolution).

The issue with post-processing cancelling out the AA settings seems to be fixed at that resolution, though. Or maybe it was fixed with a recent build, but they've made no mention of it.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Nice to hear that you got some better screen resolution going on there Roo. That picture you shared really pointed out quite well what you were seeing, and mentioning to us. I could only agree with you after viewing that picture. :)

Damon0306

Aug 10, 2013
I hope they add in game graphics controls, I don't like messing with the graphic cards control panel, it seems when you force graphic settings it makes games run buggy, I'd rather have the software itself control the graphic settings.

I can't wait to see this game on my system, Alienware M17-RX3, Windows 7 Ultimate, Core I7 2820QM 2.3GHZ,8GB RAM.
AMD Radeon 6970M-2GB. I'm running an external Alienware 21 monitor.

I haven't used the computer for a long time, I basically only play Half Life 2 DEATHMATCH. I cannot wait for the release of this game!!!

Hef Hughner

Sep 10, 2013
Hey,

i know it has nothing to do with Pinball but maybe i can make the wait for the TPA easier by giving some free Steam games i got through game bundles but already own. If you want a Steam Key of one of the following games just write me a PM with the name and one alternative. 1 Key per person, the first who asks for a certain game gets the key. If you don't get an answer i already gave the keys of the two games you named to someone else. Please be fair and don't use more than one account.

- Mark of the Ninja
-Fez
- System Shock 2
- The Showdown Effect
-Brütal Legend
- Serious Sam HD The First Encounter
- Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter
- Warlock Master of the Arcane

EA Origin Key:

Battlefield 3

Hef Hughner

Sep 10, 2013
Quick update:

Fez, Brütal Legend and System Shock 2 keys are given away.

If you want to try a Tripwire Game: Red Orchestra Ostfront, Red Orchestra 2 or Killing Floor: I have a few guest passes for each game in my Steam account. Send me a PM if you want one of the games left or a guest pass.

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
Much I like the idea of the Early Access, but one must wonder how people would feel after spending hundreds of dollars to get into the PC beta, via Kickstarter, to now see people just download the game on Steam and become a beta tester. I say let those beta testers still have their exclusive reward, and help the devs.

LMA

Jun 14, 2013
I've just got Future Pinball to play while I wait. Not as good graphics as TPA but it's helping my gear lust.

It's a free app for making your own tables and it can run tables made by others. Some really close emulations such as Terminator 2 and Medieval Madness, Startrek Next Generation, Creature From The Black Lagoon.

http://www.futurepinball.com/
Tables downloads http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/index-10-future_pinball

Last edited:

Hef Hughner

Sep 10, 2013
Hi, i've been informed that it's not allowed to give keys of games that i already own, so i think have to stop giving them to people who ask. Sorry.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Hi, i've been informed that it's not allowed to give keys of games that i already own, so i think have to stop giving them to people who ask. Sorry.

If that's a rule for this forum then that's fine you should follow that. But just so you are aware you are allowed to give away any steam keys for games that you haven't already redeemed. Once redeemed, by you or the person you gift them to, the keys are no longer valid. So no need to worry about giving them away. This also applies to games you've purchased multiple times through bundles or directly through steam.

Lasd

Jun 24, 2013
If that's a rule for this forum then that's fine you should follow that. But just so you are aware you are allowed to give away any steam keys for games that you haven't already redeemed. Once redeemed, by you or the person you gift them to, the keys are no longer valid. So no need to worry about giving them away. This also applies to games you've purchased multiple times through bundles or directly through steam.

Actually, at least in regards to Humble Bundle, no you are not allowed to do that. Doing that is not really fair towards these deals.

http://support.humblebundle.com/cus...ability-to-gift-the-extra-copy-in-the-bundle-

Last edited:

Hef Hughner

Sep 10, 2013
Hi, a friend of mine send me a link to the Humble Bundle FAQ:

"Unfortunately, if you already have a game in the bundle you will not be able to gift the extra games to a friend.

Please consider your bundle a "unit", and not to share copies of the games or Steam keys from it.

If you'd like to give a copy of the games away, we have a system in place that allows you to buy a gift key from www.humblebundle.com so your friends can have access to direct downloads as well as any Steam or other keys we have included.

I think i will accept these rules and know that the best way would be to get more people pay at least a few dollars because the money goes to charity. But on the other hand it feels stupid to have all these unused keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts