So...How much FS?

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
So hypothetically, if a pinball fanatic came into a very, very large sum of money, and wanted a pin table. Purchase that pin table, but also wanted a great developer like FS to bring that table to the masses, paid for completely by pin fanatic. Providing license etc can be attained! What would it approximately (Guesstimate) cost?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I doubt FarSight is going to publicly discuss what their development costs are, but the licensing costs are kind of known to be north of the $50,000 range depending on the property.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
So hypothetically, if a pinball fanatic came into a very, very large sum of money, and wanted a pin table. Purchase that pin table, but also wanted a great developer like FS to bring that table to the masses, paid for completely by pin fanatic. Providing license etc can be attained! What would it approximately (Guesstimate) cost?

$1,000,000

Six to Eight Weeks

(developers will get this joke...)

Roo

Jul 5, 2013

Are you implying that you won the lottery and you are going to help us all out? ;)

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
FS probably isn't going to go for this, but the VP community would. What table we talking here? they might already have a digital recreation of it.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It would definitely vary, license to license. My plan is if I win a lotto of at least 100 million, I would start with about a 2 million donation with the demand they create Fathom, Paragon, Fire!, Safe Cracker, Red and Ted to start with and the additional caveat that they attempt to negotiate a licensing agreement for Johnny Mnemonic, Congo, B.S. Dracula, Demolition Man, Judge Dredd and Rocky and Bullwinkle, and the Shadow (Assuming those are not made by the time I win!) If it costs more money than I will work that out with them.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I haven't followed the two camps, Visual and Future Pinball, for a while, but I believe the engines are old. Wikipedia says that FP development stopped in 2010, and Visual seems to be stuck on 9.1.5 from 2011. VP experts please provide updates as to the engine development side, but I guess that could use some work (i.e. money).

That being said, FS has the habit of using Kickstarter for expensive to "impossible!" licensed tables, so a Kickstarter with a "Ultra Platinum" $$$ level might be an option here.

p6800

May 17, 2013
If i would win lotto $ i would buy all the real pins i want. Or i could hire the FS team to build some tables just for me and my private use! No license needed.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Yeah I would definitely amass a huge collection. But my love for pinball would inspire me to generously help being great tables to the masses and support plenty of good tables for a long time to come.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I haven't followed the two camps, Visual and Future Pinball, for a while, but I believe the engines are old. Wikipedia says that FP development stopped in 2010, and Visual seems to be stuck on 9.1.5 from 2011. VP experts please provide updates as to the engine development side, but I guess that could use some work (i.e. money).

That being said, FS has the habit of using Kickstarter for expensive to "impossible!" licensed tables, so a Kickstarter with a "Ultra Platinum" $$$ level might be an option here.

You should check this out:
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/5152-Unity3D-and-VP

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Aren't brand new Stern tables $5,000.00 a table? They used to be...but I remember a Monster Bash in mint condition selling for 8,500.00. Then you could afford to give FS the table and who would care how much the licensing cost? Because you're rich and you'd be paying it. lol. That would be awesome. A pinball philanthropist!

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I gave up playing lotto years ago and then started to play again after finding TPA. Like a lot of us, I want to win a $400 million jackpot, which would be about $110 million net, and blow it all on TPA to bring the fun of pinball to all.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
If i would win lotto $ i would buy all the real pins i want. Or i could hire the FS team to build some tables just for me and my private use! No license needed.

Legally they would still need a license. FarSight isn't going to risk their current licenses and a hefty judgement by doing something under the table.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
@How Danivempire got it, no surprise! Now I just have to win the lottery...
If we're talking Addams Family, there's one or two really good VP recreations. Worth taking a look at, would definitely give you your Addams Family fix until you hit the lottery.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
It would definitely vary, license to license. My plan is if I win a lotto of at least 100 million, I would start with about a 2 million donation with the demand they create Fathom, Paragon, Fire!, Safe Cracker, Red and Ted to start with and the additional caveat that they attempt to negotiate a licensing agreement for Johnny Mnemonic, Congo, B.S. Dracula, Demolition Man, Judge Dredd and Rocky and Bullwinkle, and the Shadow (Assuming those are not made by the time I win!) If it costs more money than I will work that out with them.
lol "demand". If I had a million dollars, I'd buy all those machines just to spite you ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts