So Steam Summer Sale Starts Today (11th of June)

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
They said yes on the last twitch stream, but today, no price change.
As usual they are missing out an opportunity.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I have all the PC content already. However the summer sale is usually a good way to drain my wallet for some reason or other.

Now would be a good time for an ANDROID sales (hint, hint [MENTION=4573]Scumble373[/MENTION]). I'm about to go on vacation and need to buy a couple of tables for the upcoming Tournament of the Month.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for Pinball FX tables going 75% off in a flash sale. Need the last 8.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I have all the PC content already. However the summer sale is usually a good way to drain my wallet for some reason or other.

Now would be a good time for an ANDROID sales (hint, hint [MENTION=4573]Scumble373[/MENTION]). I'm about to go on vacation and need to buy a couple of tables for the upcoming Tournament of the Month.
I'm eagerly awaiting an Android sale.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I need the Zen tables to be 75% off before I buy, and ultimately ignore, them.

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Well, I hope they will have a daily deal, which is probably much more effective than having a permanent more or less hidden discount during the summer sale. A daily deal would be on the front page of Steam, which could really boost sales.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Well, I hope they will have a daily deal, which is probably much more effective than having a permanent more or less hidden discount during the summer sale. A daily deal would be on the front page of Steam, which could really boost sales.

Doubt that. Having both is better because Daily Deals are easy to miss.
I assume TPA primarily attracts older people.
These people usually don't hang out in front of their computer every day.
Especially not in the summer.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Doubt that. Having both is better because Daily Deals are easy to miss.

Of course having both is better than having only daily deals.

I assume TPA primarily attracts older people.
These people usually don't hang out in front of their computer every day.
Especially not in the summer.

Well, those people probably won't find it when the sales are not promoted at all. Since a daily deal effectively lasts for 48 hrs. most people who are really interested in buying season packs would find it. Non-regular players are sure not the demographic for season packs. They more likely buy single tables.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Well, those people probably won't find it when the sales are not promoted at all. Since a daily deal effectively lasts for 48 hrs. most people who are really interested in buying season packs would find it. Non-regular players are sure not the demographic for season packs. They more likely buy single tables.

I speak from personal experience. I missed quite a few daily deals. :)
I check my wishlist when I'm interested in buying stuff.
Of course the promotion for TPA could be better.
Since we have season packs, I don't even think about buying tables separately.
Maybe the casual gamer also prefers season packs when they are really cheap.
I buy a lot of cheap games on steam, which I never play due to lack of time. :)

Last edited:

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
Is it even possible for games to ONLY have a daily deal and NOT have a regular sale price during the summer sale?
I have never seen that.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts