Soooo.... Frankenstein for iOS tomorrow?

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
It's a pretty crap game anyway tbh but I will still buy it when it finally gets released.

That's the trouble. All us pinheads will all buy it whatever, as they have no competition.

I wish they did.

This is how i feel. I've played the table on PC. It's just OK. But I buy every table no matter what because I dont live in an area with a lot of pins. Like SST, feels like they put this table in TPA because they could, not because anyone wanted it. But what if I did love the table? I just want FS to keep us updated more often, not just on releases but also what they are actively working on to improve TPA. They don't have any competition. Zaccaria? Hardly. Zen? That's not simulation, it's fantasy. It's like comparing Forza to Mario Kart. You may like both but you buy them for different reasons. With no one else out there recreating classic tables (i dont count VP), we just have to keep giving them money for shoddy work or do without. I personally believe the biggest issue they have is the one they created themselves by supporting so many platforms and refusing to leave some older hardware behind.

Joelpbafan

Nov 1, 2015
This is how i feel. I've played the table on PC. It's just OK. But I buy every table no matter what because I dont live in an area with a lot of pins. Like SST, feels like they put this table in TPA because they could, not because anyone wanted it. But what if I did love the table? I just want FS to keep us updated more often, not just on releases but also what they are actively working on to improve TPA. They don't have any competition. Zaccaria? Hardly. Zen? That's not simulation, it's fantasy. It's like comparing Forza to Mario Kart. You may like both but you buy them for different reasons. With no one else out there recreating classic tables (i dont count VP), we just have to keep giving them money for shoddy work or do without. I personally believe the biggest issue they have is the one they created themselves by supporting so many platforms and refusing to leave some older hardware behind.

It would be cool if they could make frankensteins head move like the real table when they get this bug or what ever they're fixing

canuck

Nov 28, 2012

Haha! I feel the same way.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012

If this is somehow still the best business model that they have or can sustain with the personnel and money they have, they won't have a reason to do things differently. Not to say that I'm happy with all those choices. I don't think they support older hardware just to be nice to some people for example, it probably also makes business sense. I do feel that they are invested in quality, just that they don't prioritize it over producing new content. I would be perfectly happy if they would delay new table releases for a month, if that would mean a complete quality overhaul on lot's of tables (with known issues), main program (improve physics even more) and UI (have not seen the new one in detail, but here progress could be made). If they need the revenue of the monthly releases, that won't happen. We have also to keep in mind that we may not be the average TPA user, we could be the vocal minority of pinheads that will complain about things (on this forum) but still buy the tables anyway, whereas there also could be a bigger group of more casual players that maybe won't buy everything but keep interest in the app because of those monthly releases. Well, it's all conjecture anyway....

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
True!

To be clear: I'm not having a problem with waiting, the discussion is about the (lack of) communication.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I do like most TPA babies though.... :) It's nice (and healthy) to take a step back once in a while, stop griping, and think how great it actually is to have recreations of actual existing tables and even have them play really well! On an iPad! And we got to a season 5 with now 60+ tables (or what is the count exactly?) Just think about how this would have worked out if Zen had picked up this tab. No diss intended because Zen can be it's own fun, but it can't hold a candle to TPA's physics. At least TPA offers a portable (in case of the mobile version) study app in which you can learn everything about real pins and even have a lot of fun playing a somewhat simplified arcade version of them. I would really like to know how many TPA players have gotten into real pins after playing TPA. Although I had played real pinball before and enjoyed it, TPA stimulated me to seek them out again and now I even own 3 pinball machines.

Burdette25159

Nov 1, 2015
I think Frankenstein might come to iOS on a holiday alright, on Veterns day but 2 days after Veterns day is Friday the 13th. Also there ought to be a make good to iOS customers for the long wait, so in the meantime, pretend f-14 tomcat is Frankenstein

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts